Newsroom

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Newsroom
Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 pm
  • Has there ever been a more colossal failure in dialogue than this crap show? All the "accidental" wit is forced. None of the characters are realistic or likable. The dialogue is intentionally eccentric.

Sorkin took a brilliant; concept, production company, and cast and BLEW it! He may be the hackiest writer to EVER make it to this level.

I still watch it for the clever "alternate" media ideal, but, still, that dialogue?

I hate Sorkin and all of you.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Re: Newsroom
Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm
  • I've only seen a couple episodes but kinda felt the same way. And I had such high hopes after that first scene where he goes on that rant about why America isn't the greatest country in the world. Oh well.

Veep, on the other hand. I love it. So well done. Hilarious. You get into that one at all?
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:17 pm
  • Nah, but I keep hearing nice things about Veep, from critics/opinions I respect. I'm going to now.

Newsroom as a concept is brilliant and timely. Sorkin is almost Lucas-esque in his ability to boch the easiest of premises.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:04 am
  • Veep might be the best show on TV. I heart Julia so very much.

Newsroom has an interesting plot and context, but the dialogue this season is getting out of control just by virtue of the amount of words jammed into each conversation. I like Jeff Daniels and he is good in this role and I like a lot of the ideas that are presented, but there's no question it feels forced and way too scripted.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:35 am
  • Veep is fantastic. it's from the same guy that created 'I'm Alan Partridge', and it has a lot of the same kind of humor. Really well-written and well-acted show.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 am
  • While I enjoy the show, I'll admit, it does feel like a forced version of "Sports Nite".
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:59 am
  • I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 am
  • JimmyB3 wrote:I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.

Ha!

I feel the same way about Mortimer. I'm obsessed with her, she's my top 3 alive right now. Especially how she's dressed in Newsroom. BUT, the dialogue Sorkin forces upon her is actually souring my view of her.

So what? I like nerdy, mousey average chicks. Unlike most of you, I've banged 10's two at a time, so, my tastes have changed with experience.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:49 pm
  • Ray Donovan's fricking great though. Everyone's fantastic, especially Voight.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:11 am
  • JimmyB3 wrote:I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.

Sorry dude, not possible for me. The furthest I'd go is to hit mute. ;)
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:50 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    JimmyB3 wrote:I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.

Ha!

I feel the same way about Mortimer. I'm obsessed with her, she's my top 3 alive right now. Especially how she's dressed in Newsroom. BUT, the dialogue Sorkin forces upon her is actually souring my view of her.

So what? I like nerdy, mousey average chicks. Unlike most of you, I've banged 10's two at a time, so, my tastes have changed with experience.

At least you're setting your celebrity sex list at "reasonable." Not a bad approach.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information