Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Newsroom
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:50 pm 
* Report Button *

Has there ever been a more colossal failure in dialogue than this crap show? All the "accidental" wit is forced. None of the characters are realistic or likable. The dialogue is intentionally eccentric.

Sorkin took a brilliant; concept, production company, and cast and BLEW it! He may be the hackiest writer to EVER make it to this level.

I still watch it for the clever "alternate" media ideal, but, still, that dialogue?

I hate Sorkin and all of you.

Post subject: Re: Newsroom
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I've only seen a couple episodes but kinda felt the same way. And I had such high hopes after that first scene where he goes on that rant about why America isn't the greatest country in the world. Oh well.

Veep, on the other hand. I love it. So well done. Hilarious. You get into that one at all?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:17 pm 
* Report Button *

Nah, but I keep hearing nice things about Veep, from critics/opinions I respect. I'm going to now.

Newsroom as a concept is brilliant and timely. Sorkin is almost Lucas-esque in his ability to boch the easiest of premises.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:04 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

Veep might be the best show on TV. I heart Julia so very much.

Newsroom has an interesting plot and context, but the dialogue this season is getting out of control just by virtue of the amount of words jammed into each conversation. I like Jeff Daniels and he is good in this role and I like a lot of the ideas that are presented, but there's no question it feels forced and way too scripted.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:35 am 
* NET Starfish *

Veep is fantastic. it's from the same guy that created 'I'm Alan Partridge', and it has a lot of the same kind of humor. Really well-written and well-acted show.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

While I enjoy the show, I'll admit, it does feel like a forced version of "Sports Nite".

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:59 am 
NET Starter

I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:57 am 
* Report Button *

JimmyB3 wrote:
I didn't think it could be done, but something forced me to change the channel while Olivia Munn was on the screen. Congratulations, Sorkin.

Ha!

I feel the same way about Mortimer. I'm obsessed with her, she's my top 3 alive right now. Especially how she's dressed in Newsroom. BUT, the dialogue Sorkin forces upon her is actually souring my view of her.

So what? I like nerdy, mousey average chicks. Unlike most of you, I've banged 10's two at a time, so, my tastes have changed with experience.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:49 pm 
* Report Button *

Ray Donovan's fricking great though. Everyone's fantastic, especially Voight.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:11 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

JimmyB3 wrote:

Sorry dude, not possible for me. The furthest I'd go is to hit mute. ;)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:50 pm 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:
JimmyB3 wrote:

Ha!

I feel the same way about Mortimer. I'm obsessed with her, she's my top 3 alive right now. Especially how she's dressed in Newsroom. BUT, the dialogue Sorkin forces upon her is actually souring my view of her.

So what? I like nerdy, mousey average chicks. Unlike most of you, I've banged 10's two at a time, so, my tastes have changed with experience.

At least you're setting your celebrity sex list at "reasonable." Not a bad approach.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]