East Coaster looking for Seattle tips.

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
East Coaster looking for Seattle tips.
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:31 am
  • Hey guys and gals,

I'm a 12th man, living in Pennsylvania. I attended the home opener last year, and LOVED your city. However, I feel like I probably missed stuff and was wondering if there is anything I should try to see when visiting again in November for the Hawks/Bucs game. I hit the Space Needle and Pikes Park Market while there last time. Anything else 'must-see'?

Also, and this is a silly question, do Seattle Walmarts load up with Seahawks merch? Around here, we are overloaded with Steelers, Ravens and Eagles... and I wanna stock up on random stuff. Can I walk into a Seattle Walmart and get hats, shirts, cups etc? Thanks for your replies!

Go Hawks!
    y2josh
    NET Bench Warmer

• Two recent threads have a TON of info in there about stuff to do around here.

Have fun in November! :thirishdrinkers:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69790
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69382
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• It's always fun to meet Hawks fans from across the U.S. and even worldwide. How did you get to be a Seahawks fan, living in PA?
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm starting to think we should get a "Visiting Seattle?" thread stickied. How about it, mods?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• nategreat wrote:It's always fun to meet Hawks fans from across the U.S. and even worldwide. How did you get to be a Seahawks fan, living in PA?

It's a funny, but not exciting story. As a kid, my Dad used to watch football all the time. I remember asking him one day "dad, who is your favorite team?"

he replied with "I don't have one, buddy, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the Seahawks."....and a 12th Man was born many years later when I finally started watching something other than basketball.

Newbie to football, newbie to the boards. Seems legit. :)
    y2josh
    NET Bench Warmer

• y2josh wrote:and I wanna stock up on random stuff. Can I walk into a Seattle Walmart and get hats, shirts, cups etc? Thanks for your replies!

Just hit up Duc from the locker room, he may be able to hook you up.
    < "The Seahawks Drafted Aliens"
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 6:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information