Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Re: SeaFair
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Used to love Seafair when I was a kid. Would go down and watch the hydros qualify and the blue angels practice. The Blues are still cool, but the Hydros have lost their luster, as you don't have the big name national sponsors and the drivers that had those big egos and personalities to match. I used to hate the Bud and Bernie Little, but since both are gone the sport has gone down hill. The "almost parked starts" were horrible this year. The telecast was horrible as they are trying to focus too much on the non hydro stuff, like wake boarding, WTF was that?

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

Post subject: Re: SeaFair
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:24 pm 
NET Veteran

I would have to say the biggest reason for the decline in attendance is the cops running everyone off. They find ANY reason to pull you over. I saw two cop boats sporting three 300 HP engines a piece chase down a boat a mile away from everyone for making a wake (Or more appropriately, barely making a wake.) Of course both cop boats were making massive wakes, for a mile, completely defeating the purpose of the no wake zone.

I don't go there for the hydroplanes, Lake Washington is usually too packed full of boats to even see the races. This is the first year I could actually see the boats, and I still paid no attention.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]