RUSH 2015 Tour!!!!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
RUSH 2015 Tour!!!!
Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 am
  • Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Re: RUSH 2015 Tour!!!!
Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:01 am
  • O. My. Alien. Overlord!

The Holy Triumvirate?

Another Seahawks Super Bowl, and another RUSH concert in the same year?

What's next, Elvis announcing his 2015 Resurrection Tour?
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:08 am
  • Who wants to split the cost of buying Absolut tickets to the show with me?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:55 pm
  • My show's on a Tuesday night unfortunately. I will be there though of course. I don't let minor things like work interfere with something important like a Rush show. Oh yeah, one other comment
    HELL YEAH!!

HoustonHawk82 wrote:O. My. Alien. Overlord!

The Holy Triumvirate?

Another Seahawks Super Bowl, and another RUSH concert in the same year? ............

You're near Houston, right Scott? Is the Toyota Center where the Rockets play? How is it for a concert?

They're playing the Moda Center here (home of the Blazers). First time they've played this venue since the Vapor Trails tour. I saw that tour at The Gorge the night before.....have never seen them at the Moda Center/Rose Garden. It's a good place for a concert acoustically.
    ImageImage

Bevell, the gift that keeps on giving
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:19 pm
  • Sunday at Key Arena. Any idea on when tickets will go on sale?
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:17 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:My show's on a Tuesday night unfortunately. I will be there though of course. I don't let minor things like work interfere with something important like a Rush show. Oh yeah, one other comment
    HELL YEAH!!

The Holy Triumvirate?

Another Seahawks Super Bowl, and another RUSH concert in the same year? ............

You're near Houston, right Scott? Is the Toyota Center where the Rockets play? How is it for a concert?

They're playing the Moda Center here (home of the Blazers). First time they've played this venue since the Vapor Trails tour. I saw that tour at The Gorge the night before.....have never seen them at the Moda Center/Rose Garden. It's a good place for a concert acoustically.

Yes, Toyota center is downtown and is the Rockets venue. Rush played there on the last tour but have always played at Cynthia Woods Mitchell pavilion in The Woodlands since the late 90's. I liked the sound and setting better at the amphitheater, but the Toyota fits an extra 8-10 thousand bodies, and doesn't have a spider problem. Neil plays a lot better when the dashpots don't cause about 100 brown widows to drop out of the rafters to escape the flames.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:26 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:My show's on a Tuesday night unfortunately. I will be there though of course. I don't let minor things like work interfere with something important like a Rush show. Oh yeah, one other comment
    HELL YEAH!!

The Holy Triumvirate?

Yes, Toyota center is downtown and is the Rockets venue. Rush played there on the last tour but have always played at Cynthia Woods Mitchell pavilion in The Woodlands since the late 90's. I liked the sound and setting better at the amphitheater, but the Toyota fits an extra 8-10 thousand bodies, and doesn't have a spider problem. Neil plays a lot better when the dashpots don't cause about 100 brown widows to drop out of the rafters to escape the flames.

LOL. Post about your seats when you get them man.

DohBoy wrote:Sunday at Key Arena. Any idea on when tickets will go on sale?

No. Keep your eyes on Rush.com, rushisaband.com, etc. Waiting for the PDX on sale announcement as well.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:30 am
  • I am either going to Vegas, and/or Irvine....Psyched !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:20 am
  • Very likely this will be a career retrospective type of setlist since there's no new album. Thinking similar to Time Machine tour but I do expect 4 or songs from Clockwork Angels because it was such a strong effort in the opinion of most long time fans.
    What 'nugget' that hasn't been played in a long time or maybe ever would you fans like to hear that would be a surprise for them to play? For me there's several.....Cut To The Chase form Counterparts, Totem from T4E and Fly By Night from.....well, you know come immediately to mind.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:29 pm
  • I think it will be a lot like the R30 tour, with some kind of retrospective medley of sorts to open it up.

I'd like to hear "Driven" again live.

It's my turn to drive!
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:31 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:I think it will be a lot like the R30 tour, with some kind of retrospective medley of sorts to open it up.

I'd like to hear "Driven" again live.

It's my turn to drive!

"Driven" is a GREAT song! And yes, it's time they bring that one back to the live set.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:08 pm
  • Anybody find a setlist yet?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:29 pm
  • As on the R30 tour I want Xanadu. Back when they had a fan forum we all voted on songs, and that was one I wanted along with Kid Gloves. So Kid Gloves is my request.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:56 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Anybody find a setlist yet?

Given the level of secrecy leading up to opening night, we probably won't see one until a review is posted.

That has been my experience with previous tours anyway.

That won't stop us from scanning every interview for clues, though.

I'm stoked.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:27 pm
  • Touring with Rush will be an exhibit of Thomas Kincade paintings and a Roland Emmrich film festival.

Sounds like a hell of a show. Great additions to the tour.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 pm
  • I was really hoping their next time in the PNW they would play at The Gorge. I don't care much for Key Arena but I plan on going anyways.
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:36 pm
  • Jiggy wrote:I was really hoping their next time in the PNW they would play at The Gorge. I don't care much for Key Arena but I plan on going anyways.

They've played the Gorge often, most recently the last date of the 2nd leg of the Time Machine tour on July 2, 2011. I saw them at that show as well as their Vapor Trails show at the same venue. Always a treat to see a show there.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:49 pm
  • By the way, this is a direct quote from the band's website: "After 40 years together and 20 gold and platinum studio albums – Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude."

As Ed Stenger said on rushisaband.conm, that's as close to saying "farewell tour" as you can get without actually saying it. I'm guessing they won't completely stop playing live, but I have a feeling it will be one off type things like the Sars benefit in what was it, '03? Or, maybe they'll do like a 3 night stand somewhere and then do the same thing in a another city 3 weeks or a month later and so forth over the course of 6-8 months in maybe 5-6 cities? I don't know, but it saddens me though in no way surprises me. They're approaching their mid-60s and they are a pretty physical band.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:23 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Jiggy wrote:I was really hoping their next time in the PNW they would play at The Gorge. I don't care much for Key Arena but I plan on going anyways.

They've played the Gorge often, most recently the last date of the 2nd leg of the Time Machine tour on July 2, 2011. I saw them at that show as well as their Vapor Trails show at the same venue. Always a treat to see a show there.

I have seen them there too. One of the better concerts I had seen. Including seeing RUSH @ Red Rocks (Amazing out door venue).
    Harbaugh is a lunatic and he'll either die on the sideline while trying to challenge the coin toss, or get into a filthy divorce from the 49ers that will end up with him getting $27 million a year from Michigan to fist fight the entire state of Ohio.

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:By the way, this is a direct quote from the band's website: "After 40 years together and 20 gold and platinum studio albums – Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude."

As Ed Stenger said on rushisaband.conm, that's as close to saying "farewell tour" as you can get without actually saying it. I'm guessing they won't completely stop playing live, but I have a feeling it will be one off type things like the Sars benefit in what was it, '03? Or, maybe they'll do like a 3 night stand somewhere and then do the same thing in a another city 3 weeks or a month later and so forth over the course of 6-8 months in maybe 5-6 cities? I don't know, but it saddens me though in no way surprises me. They're approaching their mid-60s and they are a pretty physical band.

Yep, I have seen that too. I also took it to mean exactly what Ed has said.

The end of an era in rock quickly approaches. :(

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:21 am
  • Jiggy wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:By the way, this is a direct quote from the band's website: "After 40 years together and 20 gold and platinum studio albums – Rush is ready to celebrate with the most loyal fans in the world by embarking on their 21st tour, one which will most likely be their last major tour of this magnitude."

Yep, I have seen that too. I also took it to mean exactly what Ed has said.

The end of an era in rock quickly approaches. :(

Yeah, sad but not surprising.

BTW Jiggy, I am jealous you got to see them at Red Rocks. I always wanted to see them there and now obviously never will. I am gonna see a show there someday though.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:51 am
  • I saw them at The Gorge on their Test For Echo tour.

According to Neil's book "Road Show", until they had played in Brazil during the R30 tour, that Gorge audience was the largest crowd Rush had ever played for at one time.

I was there, and had no idea that I was part of that crowd until I read the book almost 20 years later.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 am
  • I was at that historic Vapor Trails show at the Gorge, I think it was 2002. Neils first tour after the long break, and what a show that was. Then on R30 I saw them in Chicago, and then a few weeks later at the Hollywood Bowl.

Last time I saw them was in 2008 in Irvine.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:54 am
  • Took my daughter to R30, now my son who is about the same age she was back then to R40.
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:07 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I was at that historic Vapor Trails show at the Gorge, I think it was 2002..............

As I mentioned above, I was at that one too my friend. Where were your seats? I was in like row 30 (floor), nearly dead center.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:37 am
  • I was up in the front of the lawn seating, there isn't a bad place anywhere at the Gorge.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:43 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I was up in the front of the lawn seating, there isn't a bad place anywhere at the Gorge.

That's where I was for Sabbath last summer......very front of the lawn. Excellent show btw.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:59 am
  • That Gorge show in 02 was wild. We sat in the same area Rob did; the front of the lawn area, just back enough to see over the seats nicely.

8 of us set up a huge tent in the campground and slept in a huddled drunken mass, then took the watercrafts down to the river the next day and rode around until all the gas was gone leaving for home late that afternoon. Killer weekend.

The weird thing about the weather, that night of the concert, was that it was like 85 degrees and clear as a bell with a slight breeze by day, then by an hour after nightfall, the temperature had dropped to about 50. All of us that had t-shirts and shorts on were freezing our asses off by 2/3 of the way through the show.

Do they still do the "beer garden" thing in Washington? That was so much Bullshit. In Texas, you can drink in your seat, back then in WA, you had to guzzle in the beer garden then head back to your seat where you hold your bladder to the point of paralysis to get your bang for your buck.

I still have a TFE concert shirt from that show that I still wear, even though it's almost torn in half under the moon print in the front. Memories are way more important than fashion, especially when we are talking about a Rush t-shirt.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 am
  • Scott: the T4E tour was in '96 and '97 and I've heard about that show at the Gorge.....very windy. I think you have your tours mixed up. :D The '02 show there was great weather.

And to answer your question, yes they still do the beer garden thing at the Gorge. They also do it at White River Amphitheater in Auburn, WA. They do not do it at the amphitheatrer here in Vancouver (actually mailing address is Ridgefield). Must just be site policy.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:14 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Scott: the T4E tour was in '96 and '97 and I've heard about that show at the Gorge.....very windy. I think you have your tours mixed up. :D The '02 show there was great weather.

And to answer your question, yes they still do the beer garden thing at the Gorge. They also do it at White River Amphitheater in Auburn, WA. They do not do it at the amphitheatrer here in Vancouver (actually mailing address is Ridgefield). Must just be site policy.

OOps!

You are correct, it was 1996.

Brain fart.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:51 am
  • So anybody get tix yet through fan presale? I did yesterday and my seats are freakin' KILLER!! I'm on the floor, Row 18, seats 26 & 27 which is dead center. Almost exactly the same seats I had for The Eagles last August when I was also on the floor, also Row 18 but seats 24 & 25.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:12 pm
  • Well I swam upriver with the other TicketMaster salmon at 10am; ended up with some nosebleed seats, but that's okay.

Now to start bidding on hotels...July ain't cheap in downtown Seattle.
    DohBoy
    NET Starter

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:01 am
  • DohBoy wrote:Well I swam upriver with the other TicketMaster salmon at 10am; ended up with some nosebleed seats, but that's okay.

Now to start bidding on hotels...July ain't cheap in downtown Seattle.

How many times have you seen them DB?
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:17 am
  • UPDATE:

Ok, so I have a friend who has this friend that has Rockets season tickets about 12 rows above center court behind the benches. I scored four seats within that general area at the Toyota Center show in Hou, but I gotta wait until they are mailed to see the exact placement.

Since they set the front of the stage up to be at about the foul line, I'll be looking to my right at about a 45 degree angle, will have clear sightlines just above the heads of the floor seats, and will be back about half way between the stage and the soundboard. I'm not on the floor looking up at them, but these are the next best thing as far as sound and sightlines. I'll be able to see Neil a lot better from our vantage, I think, which is cool.

Best part? $120 each.

:mrgreen:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:38 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:UPDATE:

Ok, so I have a friend who has this friend that has Rockets season tickets about 12 rows above center court behind the benches. I scored four seats within that general area at the Toyota Center show in Hou, but I gotta wait until they are mailed to see the exact placement.

Since they set the front of the stage up to be at about the foul line, I'll be looking to my right at about a 45 degree angle, will have clear sightlines just above the heads of the floor seats, and will be back about half way between the stage and the soundboard. I'm not on the floor looking up at them, but these are the next best thing as far as sound and sightlines. I'll be able to see Neil a lot better from our vantage, I think, which is cool.

Best part? $120 each.

Those are good seats, very good. The guy I'm going with would've preferred something like that cuz he's not real tall (5'9") but none like that came up when I was getting them. The floor seats were the first really good ones that came up and I wasn't gonna pass on them after 20 mins. of trying. I like floor but of course I'm 6'7". The thing is though, I try to be polite to the people behind me and like sit/lean on the top of my chair back so I reduce myself to about 6' even. I can still mostly see, but it also helps the people behind me not be blocked. On a couple of occasions I've had those people say" we see what you're doing and we just wanted to thank you".

Of course I also had the dickhead that was drunk bitch cuz I was back a little further to be able to sit on the chair back and thus invading some of his precious "space". I tried to explain nicely why I was sitting on the chair back but being a drunk asshole he wouldn't back down. As a result, he got to see either my back or the video screen the rest of the night. I'm nice, but 'm not a pushover.

My seats were $126 each, but with Ripoffmaster's service charges they came to $144 each.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:15 am
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:UPDATE:

Best part? $120 each.

Those are good seats, very good. The guy I'm going with would've preferred something like that cuz he's not real tall (5'9") but none like that came up when I was getting them. The floor seats were the first really good ones that came up and I wasn't gonna pass on them after 20 mins. of trying. I like floor but of course I'm 6'7". The thing is though, I try to be polite to the people behind me and like sit/lean on the top of my chair back so I reduce myself to about 6' even. I can still mostly see, but it also helps the people behind me not be blocked. On a couple of occasions I've had those people say" we see what you're doing and we just wanted to thank you".

Of course I also had the dickhead that was drunk bitch cuz I was back a little further to be able to sit on the chair back and thus invading some of his precious "space". I tried to explain nicely why I was sitting on the chair back but being a drunk asshole he wouldn't back down. As a result, he got to see either my back or the video screen the rest of the night. I'm nice, but 'm not a pushover.

My seats were $126 each, but with Ripoffmaster's service charges they came to $144 each.

Houston Toyota center: section: 106, Row, 11, Seats &,@,% and $. A row better than expected.

Stoked.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Houston Toyota center: section: 106, Row, 11, Seats &,@,% and $. A row better than expected.

Stoked.

Just looked those up on the seating chart for the Toyota Center. Those are choice seats my friend!
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:16 am
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Houston Toyota center: section: 106, Row, 11, Seats &,@,% and $. A row better than expected.

Stoked.

Just looked those up on the seating chart for the Toyota Center. Those are choice seats my friend!

I know, right?

I'd like to see them open up with the song Bastille Day. That guitar intro would be THE BEST way to get things started, IMO. If memory serves they included one riff section of it in in the R30 medley.

Only problem is Ged will have to have me come up and sing it for him. Might be a song on the "no-longer-able-to-belt-it" song list. Would be happy to guest-vocal for him on the screamers like that. :mrgreen:

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:18 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Houston Toyota center: section: 106, Row, 11, Seats &,@,% and $. A row better than expected.

Stoked.

I know, right?

I'd like to see them open up with the song Bastille Day. That guitar intro would be THE BEST way to get things started, IMO. If memory serves they included one riff section of it in in the R30 medley.

Only problem is Ged will have to have me come up and sing it for him. Might be a song on the "no-longer-able-to-belt-it" song list. Would be happy to guest-vocal for him on the screamers like that. :mrgreen:

You are correct that a piece of Bastille Day was part of the R30 medley. And sadly, I agree that we won't see the full song because Geddy doesn't hit those banshee like high notes any more. However, if they do bring you up as a guest vocalist for the song, you've got to complete the tour so I get the chance to see you here on 7/21. :D

Great, great guitar riff and overall a very, very good song. Certainly the highlight of that album for me.

On a side note, not everyone rues the fact that Ged isn't way up there in the octave range in his older age. My ex-wife didn't like older Rush but really liked newer Rush because he sang in a lower range.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

Stoked.

I know, right?

Bastille Day - All The Worlds A Stage is THE song that made me a RUSH fan.

I still remember the day that I first heard it... It was 1982 and I was a snot nosed 8th grader. My dad was stationed @ FT Benning. Me and some friends were hanging out at the arcade that was close to the Airborne school. Some poor dude left his All The Worlds a Stage cassette in a bag on top of some game. I camped that bag for about an hour and the guy never came back for it. So yeah I took it.

Anyways, I popped it into my cassette player for the walk home and out comes "I want you to please welcome home RUSH!" and they blasted into Bastille Day. I was forever hooked!

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:01 pm
  • Speaking of songs that cemented a love for Rush, this piece can be considered among my top five.

Because of it's complexity, it makes it one of my favorites to hear live. Changed up the intro a bit for the Time Machine Tour...

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:58 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Speaking of songs that cemented a love for Rush, this piece can be considered among my top five.

Because of it's complexity, it makes it one of my favorites to hear live. Changed up the intro a bit for the Time Machine Tour...

If, God forbid, I was only allowed to listen to one Rush song for the rest of my life, La Villa would be the one. Got a feeling it will be on the setlist again this time around.
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:05 am
  • Found this rummaging through pics last night.

This Andrew MacNaughton shot was used on the cover of one of Neal's books. It also happens to be the first time Rush ever played Red Rocks.

I was there...

HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm
  • Speaking of peoples first time experiences hearing RUSH...

-- Some Random 49er Fan
    Jiggy
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:01 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Found this rummaging through pics last night.

This Andrew MacNaughton shot was used on the cover of one of Neal's books. It also happens to be the first time Rush ever played Red Rocks.

I was there...

I am so jealous. Always wanted to see them at Red Rocks. Good seat too man!
    ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information