Pretty crazy shit. I have two theories as to what may have happened.
Either the wall socket was wired improperly, which caused the charger to fail catastrophically, causing the shield and ground on the charger cable to become hot with 220 volt AC current, which arced forth from the phone due to the lack of isolation, or the inverter circuit responsible for powering the fluorescent tube in the LCD screen failed catastrophically, zapping the user with a few hundred high current volts right to her head.
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro
He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000