Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Re: Best burger you've ever had
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 pm 
* NET Radish *

The Onion here in Spokane offers a wonderful line of burgers.

But one place I've never had one from and would love to is In and Out. I wish they were closer because I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Of course they aren't a gourmet place like many talked about here.

We have tried Fat Burgers and Five Guys all because of members here mentioning them. We were underwhelmed with both. They have lots of wonderful condiments but burger wise I wasn't to impressed.

Of course my wife eats burgers and steaks for the condiments where I eat them for the taste of the sandwich or steak. lol We make good burgers here at home but she has to have pickles, onions, lettuce, miracle whip or Mayo, and anything else handy.

Me I like plain old burgers with perhaps a bit of onion and some mustard.

:les:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

The Radish wrote:
The Onion here in Spokane offers a wonderful line of burgers.

But one place I've never had one from and would love to is In and Out. I wish they were closer because I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Of course they aren't a gourmet place like many talked about here.

We have tried Fat Burgers and Five Guys all because of members here mentioning them. We were underwhelmed with both. They have lots of wonderful condiments but burger wise I wasn't to impressed.

Of course my wife eats burgers and steaks for the condiments where I eat them for the taste of the sandwich or steak. lol We make good burgers here at home but she has to have pickles, onions, lettuce, miracle whip or Mayo, and anything else handy.

Me I like plain old burgers with perhaps a bit of onion and some mustard.

:les:

The Onion sucks.

Yes for a fast food burger In & Out is great. You won't be disappointed.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Okay, I find myself having to make the drive from Sammamish to Mount Vernon every weekend to support my recently acquired paintball addiction.

What's the best burger joint between Everett and Mount Vernon? Relying on some of you northern natives to help me out here.

Had a good one at the Pilchuck Drive In but I'd like something that's not quite so far off of I-5.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pilchuck-drive-in-snohomish

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:53 pm 
NET Starter

Best burger, man that's like asking which kid is your favorite. At the top of my list would be "the ranch drive in" in downtown Bothell. Get their early and expect to wait 20 minutes but they are really burgers, great fries and I hear the shakes are even better.

For fast burgers, it's hard to beat the western bacon cheese burger from Carl's Junior. It's not as good as what I remembered from my HS days, but it's still tasty. McD's burgers suck, the whopper is a solid last minute choice.
My experience with 5 guys in Bothell was good except that it took 20 minutes to receive my to go order and the small order of fry's was huge. An hour after eating this grease laden meal it felt like I ate a brick.

Dick's burgers are better than Everett Herfies ( but Herfies had the cars and like mentioned, street racing on the Boeing freeway afterwards) and Joey in Bellevue has solid burgers and fantastic scenery. Just don't make the mistake of taking your wife to Joey. It's like a classy Hooters.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:00 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

irocdave wrote:
Just don't make the mistake of taking your wife to Joey. It's like a classy Hooters.

And when he says "classy" he means hot waitresses and decent food.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:07 pm 
NET Rookie

Shake Shack in NYC is easily one of the best I have ever had.

And if you are in Spokane be sure to check out Waddell's. Awesome burgers with lots of different topping choices. If you prefer fast food burgers Thrifty Scotsman is a winner.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Mooyah is the best I've had so far. They're always made to order and they taste fantastic. Very comparable to five guys, but we don't have those here in Billings. I see Mooyahs are starting to show up in WA, so maybe somebody else here has tried them. They're cheap too...I never pay more than $8 for a double bacon cheeseburger that has everything on it including fried onion strings.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]