What are the best places in Seattle? From a Californian

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Dick's in Seattle has the best milkshakes in existence, IMO.

YEP! Everytime I go to Seattle I never leave without getting my hands on some Dick's.

Also, Paseo makes some mean grub.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• When the wife and I come up in September, we will head to two pizza places. Pegasus in alki, and NEAPOLIS In lake Stevens.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If you want a good burger while in Seattle hit up Bob's Burger and Brew, Blazing Onion, Red Mill Burger or Kidd Valley... in that order.

Plus we do have some of the best seafood in the nation.

Food, food, food!
    Owner and operator of "Oof Studios" in South Everett WA
    http://www.facebook.com/OofStudios
    http://www.OofStudios.com
    Oof
    NET Rookie

• SonicHawk wrote:In 'N Out is an average burger at best. A Dick's Deluxe ruins that shit (even the hidden menu items).

You are way wrong my friend and the masses have spoken.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I wouldn't say it's an average burger at best, but it's DAMNED sure overrated. Red Mill smokes In N' Out.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Largent80 wrote:When the wife and I come up in September, we will head to two pizza places. Pegasus in alki, and NEAPOLIS In lake Stevens.

Pegasus changed owners. Not that great.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:When the wife and I come up in September, we will head to two pizza places. Pegasus in alki, and NEAPOLIS In lake Stevens.

Well, there ya go, I leave and the place goes to shit.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Way to be a dick and ruin our pizza joints, Largent.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Have you guys tried Skillet? I've gotten their burgers off the food truck, but finally made it to the diner. Wow.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Have you guys tried Skillet? I've gotten their burgers off the food truck, but finally made it to the diner. Wow.

Yeah, there brunch is absolutely incredible. I always seemed to have woken up from a great night of drinking and eat at Skillet. Fantastic.
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:When the wife and I come up in September, we will head to two pizza places. Pegasus in alki, and NEAPOLIS In lake Stevens.

Well, there ya go, I leave and the place goes to shit.

Is this the same as the Pegasus on 85th in Kirkland? If so, did the owner of all the franchises change, or just the Alki one? I have never been there, wondering if I should still check out the Kirkland one.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Also, "Dick's is the place where the cool hang out..." I dropped a 20 once and didn't even miss.

Do the duck..it's lame when I get stuck behind one; but It's cool...great views from Lake Union and it's fun I guess.
    Discovery Park(free), Ft Lawton is there, it's where soldiers embarked to the Pacific. Lots of cool old Govt buildings there and active Navy still live there in some beautiful period housing (lucky bastards!).
    Definitely go to Pioneer Square...not sure why you wouldn't, it's old Seattle, it's where Church is and you can do the Underground tour which is relatively cheap and pretty cool.
    Fremont's fun; but on the cheap just check out Lenin statue and the Troll, other than that it's just a bunch of bars and fixies. I second the locks, go on the Magnolia side though. You can check out Fisherman's terminal first, then drive down commodore to the locks(fish windows are on the Magnolia side, then you can walk across to the Ballard side if you want, also this is close to Discovery park, PM if you want more clear directions, you could do all three in an afternoon this way). Might as well see Snoqualmie Falls if you have a car, it's pretty impressive when the snow's melting.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Do the Ducks skip the Dicks.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Go to one of the many outstanding seafood restaurants in the area and indulge. Do Ivars on the Pier, check out Salty's on Alki, Anthony's in Des Moines(not Kirkland), the list goes on.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

:D
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information