Any Solid Rock Lead Guitarists in S. King Co Looking To Jam?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Our new lead guitarist bailed on us yesterday. Turns out he wasn't liking the genre...He's more blues, 70's stuff. Dammit. So we are back in the hunt...Our ad is below...Figured I may as well ping .NET as I know there's a lot of musicians amongst us.

Talented, Middle-Aged Rock Band MID LIFE CRISIS Seeks Lead Guitarist!

We are a relatively new rock cover band (80's, 90's, 00's rock) consisting of a bassist, lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist and drummer. We are in our 40's and two guys in their 50's (but look 40's) ;)

We've been jamming for over a year, and there is real talent here. We've played two gigs so far and each we were very well accepted by the crowd. Some lineup changes have limited our ability to keep gigging but we are now just one last piece of the puzzle away. Could it be YOU?

We play bands like AIC, STP, Green Day, Weezer, Three Days Grace, ACDC, Zeppelin, Soundgarden, Fuel and several others and will be adding more soon. We're looking for a lead guitarist who would like to have fun, but sound GREAT doing it! Nobody's in it for the money (although we plan on playing paying gigs). We are currently rehearsing in Tacoma and may rent a rehearsal place in Sumner soon.

Looking for a talented, yet fun and humble lead guitarist with years of experience, great skill, can learn songs fast, has a good attitude, (no drama, prima donnas, baggage or drugs please) between 30-50 and live in South King County. Looking for good to great chops, great tempo, solid gear and great tone. If you fit this description give us a shout! We would like to talk to you!

Here's our current set list for those of you enquiring...PLEASE ONLY RESPOND IF YOU GENUINELY LIKE THE MUSIC WE PLAY. Our last lead guitarist tried to like the songs but just didn't feel it. It's vital that you genuinely like these songs and these types of songs and the genre in general otherwise it's just wasting your time and our time.

We are always shuffling the set list, as it is always evolving but this gives you a good idea of the type of stuff we play. If you contact us please provide a link to a YouTube video or sound file of you playing recently. Preferably a sample of one of the songs in our set below. If you are contacted for a tryout please be prepared to have at least 4 songs in our set down tight. Thank you for checking us out!

Set 1

Plush
    Holiday
    Learn to Fly
    Hash Pipe
    Shine
    Hemorrhage
    Man in the Box
    TNT
    Would?
    Fell on Black Days
    Interstate Love Song
    New Years Day

Set 2

Hells Bells
    Sex Type Thing
    Slither
    Check My Brain
    Nearly Lost You
    Dani California
    Dance The Night Away
    Lights
    Drive
    Rebel Yell
    Sweet Child o-Mine
    Shoot To Thrill
    You've Got Another Thing Coming

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Do they still have The Stranger in Seattle?.....That would be a good place to start, and then there is Craigslist.

I put my whole band together on Craigslist. The hardest part is weeding out all the flakes, which I am an expert at doing.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Good Luck Aros, hardest part is finding the right person, plenty of shredders, but can they mesh with the other personalities... went through that for 2 years before i finally found the right guy.. I Don't live on that side of the mountains, sorry i can't help.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Yeah we found our new drummer and bassist via Craig's List. Perfect fit. Just needing that last guy. We're getting good hits on Craig's List. I hit up The Stranger as well. Have two guys trying out over the next week...

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Good luck Todd, and remember, I am on my honeymoon in Seattle from Sep. 9th thru 16th. With the SF game being one of many climaxes. :shock:

Maybe a jam is in order?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• That would be a blast!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• My sister is a helluva guitar player and needs to be around some good people. I'll talk to her and find out if she would be interested. She is in Lacey.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• hawksfanohio wrote:My sister is a helluva guitar player and needs to be around some good people. I'll talk to her and find out if she would be interested. She is in Lacey.

Dude I cannot tell you how serendipitous your post is.

We were just talking last night how bad ass it would be to have a girl lead guitarist. No joke! Have her contact me! Serious! If she has chops, we want to talk to her!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I left her a message to call me so hopefully I'll hear from her soon. I can say that she does play very well. Mostly hard rock and metal but she picks up songs quickly from what I've seen. I'll pm you when she does get in touch with me and give her your info.
    hawksfanohio
    NET Starter

• Thank you!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We found our guy. Easygoing, funny, as the rhythm guitarist said, "He has just the right amount of ego". Good tempo, strong leads (Steve Vai comes to mind)...

Now it's time for these old coots to ROCK!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Well this is getting ridiculous. I just got an email from our lead guitarist saying he has to bail out of the band due to "being too busy at work and his hands hurt". WTF??!?

That's two lead guitarists bailing out after only one or two practices.

Soooooo, hawksfanohio, can your sis be talked into a tryout?? ;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Musicians are some flakey sumbishes.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• TravTex wrote:Musicians are some flakey sumbishes.

Damn straight.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• TravTex wrote:Musicians are some flakey sumbishes.

Not us drummers! All we need is a kit and a girl friend with a great paying job.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• LOL

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Still looking. :(

We've tried out 7 guitarists and nobody is sticking. Anyone?

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Still looking. :(

We've tried out 7 guitarists and nobody is sticking. Anyone?

Stop using teflon to coat the floor and walls.
    Tokadub wrote:I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

• Shiiiiit. If you were looking for a bassist and lived in the north end I'd say hit me up. Been playing for 30 years. But you're not. So I don't even know why I responded.

SLAYER!

:thirishdrinkers:
    Owner and operator of "Oof Studios" in South Everett WA
    http://www.facebook.com/OofStudios
    http://www.OofStudios.com
    Oof
    NET Rookie

• Oof wrote:Shiiiiit. If you were looking for a bassist and lived in the north end I'd say hit me up. Been playing for 30 years. But you're not. So I don't even know why I responded.

SLAYER!

:thirishdrinkers:

Any good bassist can choose who he plays with. Same for us drummers. A couple of thousand years ago when I was in HS, you couldn't find a decent guitarist. Now we drummers and bassists are in vogue.
    LudwigsDrummer

• We have been dealing with some real Craig's List dipshits let me tell you. The last guy that didn't work out (couldn't even get a couple songs down tight after a week of practice) sent me some lovely f-bomb-laced emails. "F-you punk rockstar!"

LOL

Ah, yes, we bring out the real winners apparently.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I know the feeling. There are some true looney tooney's out there thinking they can play.

Went to Gretchen Wilson concert last night. 3 outstanding bands performed.
    LudwigsDrummer

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information