Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Re: Man of Steel
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:06 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Saw this last night. Two things. First, a gaping plot hole kind of ruined it for me. I ain't gonna spoil it, but let's just say the whole second half of the movie could have been completely cut based on a logical decision in the best interests of the decision maker. Second, they destroyed more of NYC/Metropolis (whatever) than Iron Man and Avengers put together. To top that, Hollywood will have to create two gigantic colossi that duke it out all across America, stomping on every city large enough to have public transportation. My second favorite part was the first 20 minutes, up until they sent Zod's crew up to exile in those space penis-craft. My first favorite part was the Carl's Jr. commercials on TV.

Other than that, it was a decent popcorn flick.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:09 am 
* NET Hottie *

Henry Cavill was super good eye candy for us gals. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:46 am 
* Gangnameister *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Saw this last night. Two things. First, a gaping plot hole kind of ruined it for me. I ain't gonna spoil it, but let's just say the whole second half of the movie could have been completely cut based on a logical decision in the best interests of the decision maker. Second, they destroyed more of NYC/Metropolis (whatever) than Iron Man and Avengers put together. To top that, Hollywood will have to create two gigantic colossi that duke it out all across America, stomping on every city large enough to have public transportation. My second favorite part was the first 20 minutes, up until they sent Zod's crew up to exile in those space penis-craft. My first favorite part was the Carl's Jr. commercials on TV.

Other than that, it was a decent popcorn flick.

I LOL'd so fricken loud when I saw the penis-crafts lift off. They shoot the bad guys off to space in penis shaped space ships and make them fly through a giant space vagina. WHAT... THE... Funkmaster Flex was THAT all about? I think I was the only person in the theater who saw it cuz people were looking at me like I was nuts.

All in all I dug the movie though. It won't win an oscar, but it was neither a waste of money or time IMO. I was entertained, and that's really all it's about. it's a comic book movie, you know what you're getting into before you even get in the car to go to the theater.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

CANHawk wrote:
I LOL'd so fricken loud when I saw the penis-crafts lift off. They shoot the bad guys off to space in penis shaped space ships and make them fly through a giant space vagina. WHAT... THE... Funkmaster Flex was THAT all about? I think I was the only person in the theater who saw it cuz people were looking at me like I was nuts.

I have an inside source that says somebody pretty high up on the production team made it a point to stick dicks(haped objects) in there quite frequently when Mr. Nolan wasn't looking. Friend of a friend type info so take it for what it's worth, but it makes sense.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie. I already forgot half the plot so I can't really speak on the plot holes but I definitely agree with Sailor, it felt like there was way too much mass destruction. It was pretty much my least favorite part of the movie.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]