Worst, Unbearable physical pain you've endured ??

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • kidney stones by far the worst pain because it is constant and you can not get comfortable no matter what. Getting the kidney stone caught in your urethra is no picnic neither.
    storm74
    NET Veteran

• A broken heart from an unfaithful partner. I wish that pain could go away as easily as a turned ankle or kidney stone, but that type of pain runs just too deep. I would be encouraged by, if not to hear from personally, any female 'Hawk fans on how I can adjust or just be able to move on...please feel free to PM me, or better yet, call me. It's (509) 555-lost (5678).
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Tough call. I'm in the double digits for broken bones... top three in pain had to be ribs, hand, and surprisingly, toe. I'm prone to ear infections, so there are a couple of those that have qualified. I think the nastiest was after I had a toe amputated -- The stitches grew into the toe stub and got infected... Pulling those things out was insane.

For chronic stuff? Pft. Old back and knee injuries are probably the worst, but pick a joint and it's probably hurting -- Autoimmune polyarthritis. Feeling like ass is pretty standard.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I walked under a garage door that was just a bit too low and the little button on top of my baseball cap made solid contact with the garage door. Holy shit that hurt. Dropped to my knees, my eyes crossed, and I couldn't even think of any bad words, just sounds.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Having a severe nosebleed cauterized by the doctor shoving what looked like a large matchstick up into my sinus and having it sear the tissue to stop the bleeding. I've had kidney stones and a severe compound fracture of my left arm in football and the pain doesn't even come close to that.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• I punched myself in the balls once while masturbating very enthusiastically. Needless to say, I lost my Boner.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• It's really interesting to read how we all perceive pains differently and how they feel to us. Like Rockhawk dealing with a broken arm no sweat and having the cauterizing pain be the worst. I understand it totally... I've just never met somebody who had compared those two. They are SO different, and both are very painful (I've had both and know EXACTLY what he's saying).

I had a needle put into my spinal canal a few times for injections (very very LONG needles) and I can say the pain wasn't so horrible, but only because I knew once they got in there and turned on the radiofrequency ablation machine that would use heat and radio waves to "burn off the nerve" that within 90 seconds they'd shoot it full of lidocaine and another pain killer and I'd feel nothing, so the pain was manageable and I was like "meh, whatever". However, they have patients that swear and scream and think they are going to die from it. I think a lot of it has to do with our brain and where we are at as far as certainty and such go. Like with my back surgery, I wasn't sure that it would ever feel better again. For all I knew, they had cut every muscle clean through, and drilled through multiple vertebrae (Oh wait... they did) and that pain was going to be with me forever. That was the worst part. The constant burning, contracting, gunshot feeling pain that just hit in harder and harder waves for 7 straight days. It literally drove me insane. They had to really med me up brain wise to get my thoughts back together.

But when I broke my leg, it hurt like a mother, and sent me into shock, but I knew from past experience that they'd get it set, get it into a cast, and I'd feel a lot better in a day or so. Pain is a very difficult thing. That is why I think the DEA and FDA and everybody else that wants to get into the doctor's brains and try to mandate how they treat EVERY patient are really idiotic. Each person is different. To me it is just like "No Child Left Behind". Determining that every kid had to be at the same point by the same grade level (without taking into account disability, differentiation in age at a certain grade level by up to 11 months and 364 days), kids who were premature and have slower development (but do eventually catch up, just not always by 3rd grade day 1), etc. You just need to take things on a case-by-case basis.

Take for example the treatment of my back pain.... would you treat it the same as somebody who weighed 500 pounds? No, obviously not, because I don't weigh 500 pounds. That person has a different set of issues that are compounding their pain. But on the flipside, I have a condition called myotonia congenita which causes constant nerve firing (and constant muscle cramping). This creates a different level that must be addressed when treating my pain. Different strokes for different folks... and no... that has nothing to do with the post directly above mine. :(
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• i had stitches under my left eye and the worst pain ive ever felt was getting a numbing injection directly into the wound. the pain felt like something was squeezing behind my eyeball and sinuses. that was ridiculous.

fractured my collarbone in 8th grade football practice and coach made me finish practice. it was a fracture not a break so i guess it wasnt that noticeable, except for the fact i could hardly move my arm. the recovery for that is stupid.

as for long term, no real lingering pains from anything. i do have to be careful throwing a baseball/football/skipping rocks in the summer from a painful elbow. its fine in normal everyday use but once i get to throwing it just noodles. too many years of pitching and either not warming up properly, or not icing properly after games. or a combination of the 2. damn youth sports.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• I've been pretty lucky to never have anything as bad as a lot of what you guys have described. Geesh!

I think plantar fasciitis takes the cake for me. That SUCKED. Or perhaps being in the dental chair so long during a bone graft that the drugs wore off right when the doc was drilling my sinus lift... I'm pretty sure my foot twitching got his attention, if not my whimper. "Oh geesh its been 90 mins, no wonder you are feeling that"...

Lol, Navy docs!
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I'll take my tooth aches any day over the ear aches.
    But having gangrene in my appendix tops everything, and damned near cost me my life (no blood pressure, and blacking out from the pain), but, draining it out for ten days in the hospital, getting fed through the veins, and getting over the pneumonia from the operation, just as ornery as ever....now.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• FlyingGreg wrote:I've been pretty lucky to never have anything as bad as a lot of what you guys have described. Geesh!

I think plantar fasciitis takes the cake for me. That SUCKED. Or perhaps being in the dental chair so long during a bone graft that the drugs wore off right when the doc was drilling my sinus lift... I'm pretty sure my foot twitching got his attention, if not my whimper. "Oh geesh its been 90 mins, no wonder you are feeling that"...

Lol, Navy docs!

LOL, you shoulda grabbed a hand full of his testicles, and told him that "We are going to do everything we can to try'n not hurt each other ,right Doc?" :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• I have an autoimmune disease that occasionally causes localized blood clots in my feet and ankles. Eventually they form ulcers in the skin, some of which could be about the size of a quarter. They take weeks to heal and can be excruciating. It's like what I would imagine having a flaming hot knife plunged repeatedly into your foot would feel like. Fun times!
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Next

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information