OK, I guess even I want one of these....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
OK, I guess even I want one of these....
Sat May 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah, it's a flying car. :D

Introducing TF-X: Terrafugia’s Vision for the Future of Personal Transportation

Let’s say that you’re traveling on the freeway to a business meeting and your GPS tells you that the road in front of you has just become impassable. There is an alternate route available; however, it adds an hour and a half to your journey. You will miss your meeting. This could be a nightmare. It seems there is an answer being developed. It is a hybrid car that transitions into an airplane.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/11/mit-trained-engineers-building-flying-hybrid-car-tf-x/
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• It'll fix traffic jams, all right...on the ground. Since everyone will be in the air, that's where the jams will occur, and they'll occur at far faster speeds.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:It'll fix traffic jams, all right...on the ground. Since everyone will be in the air, that's where the jams will occur, and they'll occur at far faster speeds.

High speed traffic jams? Doesn't sound too bad.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I used to want flying cars, until I commuted daily on the Valley Freeway (WA SR167). Based on the average competence level of the drivers there, I decided that the LAST thing we need is for those people to be pilots!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:I used to want flying cars, until I commuted daily on the Valley Freeway (WA SR167). Based on the average competence level of the drivers there, I decided that the LAST thing we need is for those people to be pilots!

Yeah but a minor accident in the air could prove very fatal. Natural selection at it's finest!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• Ok, picture this. You're flying up from the Maple Valley area, and so is Todd,,,,,,,

:shock:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information