Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Odd musical connections
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:44 pm 
NET Starter

I really hope this doesn't end up being a musical debate, but here goes...
I found a weird musical connection a while back and have been trying to think of others.

Bob Dylan wrote a song called It's All Over Now Baby Blue. Like him or not, Dylan's made it to the pantheon of the all-time greats...

A band called Them covered the song. Van Morrison was their lead singer. Not a big leap to imagine someone who is also in the pantheon covering the song. I would say Van Morrison is one of the all-time greats. I actually think this is the finest version of the song.

Beck sampled Them's version of the song and used it for his own song called Jack-Ass. I'm not going to pretend Beck is anywhere in the league of Dylan or Van Morrison, but he's talented and I don't mind the song...
Can't imbed this one, because I don't know how to force it to a certain point in time inside a video. It appears there is not a studio version of the song by itself on the youtubes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ORWlwJULs&t=23m56s

Last but not least...wait...certainly least. Ok, last but least, Insane Clown Posse... They created a parody of Beck's song. Not much to say about this one, except that the lyrics are NSFW and might be disturbing for kids.

So there you have it. A musical link between Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and the Insane Clown Posse. It's weird to me because it goes beyond a simple cover. It's a parody of a sample of a cover of a song written by one of the greatest song-writers of all time...
Anyone got any other nifty ones?

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]