Seattle Traffic

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Seattle Traffic
Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:Worthless, fragmented. I mean I applaud the effort, but seriously 3 trains, 3 types of tracks, where was the coordination to make one overall general train/commuter system for the Tacoma/Seattle/Everette area?

The politicians live in Olympia and don't care about our traffic woes. Plus, you know, they want 100% of the population to ride their bicycles to work and not kill our planet by driving around in those awful automobiles.

Sad, but true. This problem though should have been dealt with 60 years ago, but the politicians then lacked ANY foresight! Many subway or city rail systems in this country were built when our grandparents were children or before.

Seattle used to have trolley's all over, as did LA. But they were torn up to make way for the 'modern car'.

LA still has underground train stations and tracks that were barely used. In the old show Cities of the Underground, he got to see them, some of them are still there.

The problem was they were privately owned and the auto industry started buying up train companies and then would close them down to kill the competition. True story.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 7:58 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:[quote="twisted_steel2"]Worthless, fragmented. I mean I applaud the effort, but seriously 3 trains, 3 types of tracks, where was the coordination to make one overall general train/commuter system for the Tacoma/Seattle/Everette area?

The politicians live in Olympia and don't care about our traffic woes. Plus, you know, they want 100% of the population to ride their bicycles to work and not kill our planet by driving around in those awful automobiles.

Sad, but true. This problem though should have been dealt with 60 years ago, but the politicians then lacked ANY foresight! Many subway or city rail systems in this country were built when our grandparents were children or before.

Seattle used to have trolley's all over, as did LA. But they were torn up to make way for the 'modern car'.

LA still has underground train stations and tracks that were barely used. In the old show Cities of the Underground, he got to see them, some of them are still there.

The problem was they were privately owned and the auto industry started buying up train companies and then would close them down to kill the competition. True story.[/quote]

That is 100% fact. The current LA public transportation stinks simply because LA is so spread out.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 am
  • Horrible rip of the video, but well here ya go:

As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 am
  • Still better than Montana traffic.

GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information