2013 Summer Movies

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: 2013 Summer Movies
Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:They took a mulligan on shooting an entire movie? The previews have been out for a while now - are those from the original or the re-shoot?

The thing that bothered me the most is that it looks like from the previews the movie is "fast" zombies. Which is not how it was in the book. That's a big difference to me.

I think that was Brad Pitt's decision to change the zombies, he wanted them to swarm like insects or ants. Not in the book, just him changing stuff up. :roll:

I thought the book was pretty good, but I don't see how you could stick to it and make it a big Brad Pitt blockbuster type movie. Maybe an indie style mockumentary or something... I dunno. I guess I'm saying I get it, but I don't know if I like it. We'll see.

Yeah - I definitely see the difficulty of sticking to it because it's a bunch of different stories/recollections basically. Just the idea of taking a zombie (slow-moving, unfeeling, unrelenting) and making it sped-up insect, swarming type thing kind of throws it for me. Slow moving seems scarier. Making them fast... that's a big alterration. I'll still see it of course, because it still looks good.

Ok, I'll leave it alone now.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information