Tickets

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Tickets
Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:34 am
  • So...
    I'm going to be an instructor at summer camp in New England this summer, and afterwards I plan to travel Alaska.
    The only home game which fits my schedule is the one against the Jags, and I'd have to cut my Alaska trip a week short.
    Anyone has an estimation around how much would a ticket cost? And where can I get one?
    Also, would you recommend traveling the Seattle and Washington area around this dates (the end of September)? I'd have about a week there and I'm mostly into trekking and outdoor activities.

BTW if anyone lives in Alaska or has some experience travelling there I would love it if you tell me cause I'm having a pretty difficult time planning my trip... :)
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Tickets
Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:57 am
  • The weather's typically fairly nice still towards the end of September, but it's not a sure thing. I'd say you have a 70% chance of sunshine and dry weather for at least 5 out of 7 days around then. There are plenty of good hiking areas if you want to drive a bit from Seattle. Mount Rainier's ~2 hours away, or you can drive like 4 hours to the far side of the peninsula and hike through the only real rainforest in North America, too. That could be an expensive trip if you need to rent a car, however.

Can't really help on the ticket prices; the only tickets I buy are expensive 100-level ones between the 20s. As far as where to buy, ensuring they are legitimate...NFL Ticket Exchange, RazorGator, and StubHub.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 am
  • Thanks.
    Is hitchhiking legal in Washington? Renting a car would be really expensive for me as I'm under 25 and traveling alone...
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am
  • roiyair wrote:BTW if anyone lives in Alaska or has some experience travelling there I would love it if you tell me cause I'm having a pretty difficult time planning my trip... :)

I live in Alaska, and can either give personal knowledge or point you to information if you can give me an idea of what areas from the state you are going to be in. I know quite a bit about the area I live in (South Central) but less personal experience the further out from home it is. Hit me up with an private message if you'd like, or you could start a thread in the NET LOUNGE viewforum.php?f=7 so we dont' fill the main board up with off topic discussions.

EDIT: I see it was moved already so no need for a new thread...feel free to ask away about the Alaska portion of your trip and I'll help out where I can. Also, I know there are others here from other parts of the state and some who have travelled up here in the past few years, who may be able to chime in if it's outside of my personal experience
    Last edited by kidhawk on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 am
  • Hitchhiking is illegal pretty much everywhere in our country: http://www.hitchhiker.50megs.com/custom.html

People still do it, but if you're unlucky, a cop might bust you on it. It's extremely unlikely you'd get caught if you just try to hitch a ride to the trailhead from the bus stop mentioned here, though: http://www.windsox.us/DRIVE/dbus.html I know there are bus tours to Mount Rainier, you might want to look into that. It looks like there are two buses that can get you near the Hoh Rainforest from Seattle every day. I'd definitely look into it more if you're looking for outdoor things to do in the region. Hiking in the Hoh Rainforest is really impressive.

Most of it looks like this:

Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information