anyone else enjoying history's 'vikings'?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
anyone else enjoying history's 'vikings'?
Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:49 am
  • This is some series...it's been a long time since i've been this much into a show...and, perhaps unfortunately, i watch a lot of tv...

i've read it's got some problems with getting the facts right and all but, omg, when it's on i'm totally into it! Love the acting, love the plot, and like my beloved seahawks, to me this show has no weakness...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• I'm really into it as well. I look forward to it on Sundays more than Game of Thrones now, which is saying something.

The Ragnar character is hilarious, the evil looks, he's such a jerk. He's floating down the river with his loot. Then he does his little wave back to the king. LOL
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• I digg Ragnars wife.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• I'm a fan and it seems to have gotten better as it's gone on. When the brother finally betrays Ragnar the stuff is really going to hit the fan. Also agree that Ragnar's wife is awesome in more ways than one.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• I'm really enjoying it. I'm glad they renewed it for a second 10-episode season. But I wonder if the second season will be a different vikings story? I guess I'll have to find out how this one turns out.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I've only seen one episode (somewhere in the middle I think. I hate doing that.) and it seem a little bit over the top for me. I'm gonna give it a chance though and watch it from the start.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I love it too. Zeb, which part was over the top? I think the violence and warrior culture is accurate, especially since some of the most famous vikings had names like "Skull Splitter" haha. The viking holy man is a bit much if you are going for realism, but it's believable as I'm sure there were not many jobs for people with deformities.

By the way, the character Ragnar is based on the legends of the real vikings called Ragnar and Ragnall:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:I digg Ragnars wife.

She reminds me of Scarlett Johansen(sp), which obviously is awesomeness.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• MLOhawks wrote:I love it too. Zeb, which part was over the top? I think the violence and warrior culture is accurate, especially since some of the most famous vikings had names like "Skull Splitter" haha. The viking holy man is a bit much if you are going for realism, but it's believable as I'm sure there were not many jobs for people with deformities.

By the way, the character Ragnar is based on the legends of the real vikings called Ragnar and Ragnall:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

Like I said, it was just one episode and completely out of context, I know nothing about the story. It just seemed like there was a lot of extra cool, perfectly timed one liners and stuff like that. Not how I would expect Vikings to talk. But again, I didn't get introduced properly to the characters or the setting so I'm going to reserve any kind of actual judgement till after I watch it from the top. A lot of people I know really like it so I expect that will be my experience as well.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I see, yeah I really recommend checking it out from the beginning, it's easy to get hooked by the characters.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• Isn't Ragnar the Viking portrayed on Minnesota's helmet?
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• Really good show, I love it.
    About it being "over the top" I think they actually held back with regards to the violence it shows. The vikings were known for their brutality, raping women and killing everything in their path. it definitely tries to show more of their human side...

Anyway I really like it!
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information