SF to Crescent City CA(Now with pics!!)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • I took a picture of that same lighthouse when we took that same drive.

Sweet vantage point.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SmokeyHawk wrote:Haha,
    No. We went from Seattle to Shasta, Shasta to SF, then I was asking for stuff to do from SF to Crescent.....I've done the South route many times; but never specifically North SF to CC...Usually when I come back from the South it's always just I-5 as fast as I can..hehe. From SF to CC the only reservation I had was in CC. It all worked out though. Another trip without time constraints will probably happen soon. Thread command Cd into textedit, hehe.

-SH

Thanks for straightening that out. So, how did you get from SF to CC?

Glad you had a good trip.

BTW: I should be making the trip from Skagit to Mendocino for July Fourth. :thirishdrinkers:
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

• I'll dig up some pics from when we put the 747 on the McMinnville water park.
    Its pretty cool.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• So from SF we headed North across the GG bridge through Petaluma and Wine country, stopped at the 2 wineries I mentioned above and had lunch in Glen Ellen (at the Glen Ellen Inn, super good!) We took the 101 all the way to Eureka then up to Crescent City. After that we did the 1 up Oregon and hit some beaches and Dunes. Was rel nice because it was a weekday and there wasn't much traffic.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Have stopped there a lot of times through the years and agree its really great.

Also mentioned its a dirty bastard to get out of safely pulling a travel trailer. lol

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Here is a pic of us setting the 747 on the water park
    Attachments
    10-5_Evergreen747_23.jpg
    10-5_Evergreen747_23.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 714 times
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I like this one better.
    Attachments
    10-5_Evergreen747_54.jpg
    10-5_Evergreen747_54.jpg (112.33 KiB) Viewed 714 times
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Wait, so that's a water park under there and there just happens to be an airplane museum next to it?? Awesome pics btw!

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yep.
    Bad thing is I've worked out there off and on for years and still haven't been there as a tourist.
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• SmokeyHawk wrote:Wait, so that's a water park under there and there just happens to be an airplane museum next to it?? Awesome pics btw!

-SH

Yep, I've been there twice. Last time I paid extra to get into the Spruce Goose's cockpit, got to sit wear Howard Hughes sat when he flew it. Was awesome.

Very cool museum. I believe there's a theater there as well.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:40 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information