Anybody else here use a CPAP machine?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Anybody else here use a CPAP machine?
Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:03 am
  • Not sure if this is good here or not, I hope it's OK and if not that the mods ill be understanding as it is kind of an odd circumstance; but due to incompetence by a medical supply house I now own two free masks that I can't use. They charge crazy for them, these sell for a minimum of $140. So long story short first they start sending to the wrong address. Then, when they get it right it's the wrong mask; this after having gotten things right several times in a row. I had to use worn out equipment for a couple weeks while they sorted this crap out. To appease me, they said I can keep the extra masks free of charge!

They are useless to me and worse yet, eBay in their exquisite stupidity, says it's against their policy for me to sell them there because they are dispensed by prescription; the reason being so they can gouge your insurance company, or the government for the exorbitant bill. They can be purchased by anyone though.

I put them on Craigslist, but here's a quote of my ad:

ResMed Quattro full face CPAP mask, headgear and cushion, size medium for sale. New unopened package, the company sends me this after sending another to the wrong address and it is useless to me. To appease me they tell me I can keep it and send another. This item sells retail for a minimum of $140. It's highway robbery on an item that costs them a maximum of $20. I want to make sure someone gets a deal on it, but I'd like to get something for my trouble of having had to use worn out equipment while incompetent medical supply companies rip off the government and our insurance companies and individuals like they do. I feel bad asking even $100, so make a reasonable offer and I will take it. I can do PayPal and will ship it anywhere in the US to someone who needs this...

So I was asking $100, but any reasonable offer will be considered. I'd like to make a few bucks sure, I am one broke sucker, but It would be nice to give somebody a reasonable deal on these if they can use them. I have to get the second one back from my ex, but I have one ready to go now if anyone can use it? The trick is finding someone who already uses this mask and has also to pay in cash.
    Attachments
    IMG_20130328_222857.jpg
    IMG_20130328_222857.jpg (131.45 KiB) Viewed 305 times
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Re: Anybody else here use a CPAP machine?
Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am
  • So you want $100 for something you got for free, and they are the gougers.

Priceless!
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Anybody else here use a CPAP machine?
Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 am
  • That would save someone $40, but yeah, the shit is expensive, and it's mine to do with as I please. A reasonable offer of less would be fine. Of course I did have to pay with all the hours on the phone with them, not to mention not getting the equipment I needed and using worn out stuff.

I didn't set the price of something that cost $20 to manufacture tops now did I?
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information