So long to the Pacific Northwest

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: So long to the Pacific Northwest
Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:32 am
  • pehawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:You all should feel ashamed. :)

And you should be proud for not replying, immediately, with "Great April Fools Joke".

Don't be mad because I figured it out right away. Sailor asked me to go along with it, so I didn't ruin it. :) He can confirm.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 am
  • That's okay, I got Sailor REALLY good with my "lets nuke the moon" thread. He actually believed I'm dumb and crazy....what a rube!
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 am
  • Yeah, he's a total rube for believing that. ;)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:21 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:You all should feel ashamed. :)

And you should be proud for not replying, immediately, with "Great April Fools Joke".

Don't be mad because I figured it out right away. Sailor asked me to go along with it, so I didn't ruin it. :) He can confirm.

True story. He called me out on page one. I nuked his post to keep it going a bit longer, thus the "Sailor, you turd!" post by him there. :laugh:
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:49 am
  • We've learned two things from this.

First, Roland HAS to explain or ruin any joke or gag to quell his insecurity (most likely being teased in HS feeds the NEED to be in on things). Second, Sailor has NO real gag skills, he simply possesses mod rights.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:02 am
  • pehawk wrote:We've learned two things from this.

First, Roland HAS to explain or ruin any joke or gag to quell his insecurity (most likely being teased in HS feeds the NEED to be in on things). Second, Sailor has NO real gag skills, he simply possesses mod rights.

Admittedly, I did feel a split second of guilt over my abuse of powers. :lol:
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am
  • pehawk wrote:First, Roland HAS to explain or ruin any joke or gag to quell his insecurity (most likely from being teased in HS feeds the NEED to be in on things).

Actually, if this were true, I'd have kept trying to ruin it. Instead, I went in cahoots with Sailor.

Also, I wasn't popular in high school, but it was basically intentional; I considered the town to be a hick-filled craphole, which it was and still is, and most of my classmates knew I thought it. I had a few core friends that were really good friends, and I was just fine with that. I even got my ass beaten by a 6'3"ish big upperclassman when I was a freshman (he was a junior) because I was chatting with a friend in metal shop about how much this town sucked, (one of my good friends that was going to move once he graduated) and he stood up and shouted at nearly the top of his lungs so everyone could hear, "*******it, we ain't ******* HICKS!" Being the smartass that I am, my response was "You 'ain't?'" He then proceeded to punch me straight in the jaw and we started to fight, but it was quickly broken up by the teacher. I have no illusions that I would have won that fight, he was athletic and had 60+ pounds on me, though I was taking Aikido at the time and could have easily avoided him for a long time had I wanted to.

Since I didn't feel like getting jumped in the parking lot by him and a few of his friends, I kept my opinions a bit more quiet after that; so it did teach me a lesson, you might say. Namely, that people don't like the truth. 8) I knew I'd never live there again once I was old enough to get out, and I didn't like a significant percentage of my classmates. Many of them were either racist/bigoted, or liked living there and never had any plans to move. Going from Miami, FL to Marshall, WI was horrible and I forever hate small towns after having experienced one. I also dislike parents that raise their kids in them, because then a lot of those kids don't know any better. It's pathetic how many classmates I had when I was 16 years old that had never left the state in their whole lives. A few had never even left the county.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:07 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Admittedly, I did feel a split second of guilt over my abuse of powers. :lol:

Liar. ;)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    pehawk wrote:First, Roland HAS to explain or ruin any joke or gag to quell his insecurity (most likely from being teased in HS feeds the NEED to be in on things).

Actually, if this were true, I'd have kept trying to ruin it. Instead, I went in cahoots with Sailor.

Also, I wasn't popular in high school, but it was basically intentional; I considered the town to be a hick-filled craphole, which it was and still is, and most of my classmates knew I thought it. I had a few core friends that were really good friends, and I was just fine with that. I even got my ass beaten by a 6'3"ish big upperclassman when I was a freshman (he was a junior) because I was chatting with a friend in metal shop about how much this town sucked, (one of my good friends that was going to move once he graduated) and he stood up and shouted at nearly the top of his lungs so everyone could hear, "*******it, we ain't ******* HICKS!" Being the smartass that I am, my response was "You 'ain't?'" He then proceeded to punch me straight in the jaw and we started to fight, but it was quickly broken up by the teacher. I have no illusions that I would have won that fight, he was athletic and had 60+ pounds on me, though I was taking Aikido at the time and could have easily avoided him for a long time had I wanted to.

Since I didn't feel like getting jumped in the parking lot by him and a few of his friends, I kept my opinions a bit more quiet after that; so it did teach me a lesson, you might say. Namely, that people don't like the truth. 8) I knew I'd never live there again once I was old enough to get out, and I didn't like a significant percentage of my classmates. Many of them were either racist/bigoted, or liked living there and never had any plans to move. Going from Miami, FL to Marshall, WI was horrible and I forever hate small towns after having experienced one. I also dislike parents that raise their kids in them, because then a lot of those kids don't know any better. It's pathetic how many classmates I had when I was 16 years old that had never left the state in their whole lives. A few had never even left the county.

You were just underrating the county.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:You were just underrating the county.

That's a good one. I see you still have yet to reply in the other thread; it was a serious request.

However, go spend some time in rural Dane County, WI and then explain how I underrated it. :lol: Maybe I just didn't spend enough time at Cascade Mountain in Portage, WI; which is in the county directly north of Dane County. That "mountain" has a grand total of 388 feet of elevation from base. A true marvel of the skiing world.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:50 pm
  • I'm underrated when it comes to analyzing people, for sure.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Bad ass!! Let me know when you're all settled in. I'll come down and stay with you for an extended and open-ended length of time.

Can I come with Zeb ???

Geez, I get out here and you leave. I'm gonna cry.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:14 pm
  • You missed my above post, bro. April fools!
    Seahawk Sailor

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information