Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:36 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1404
pehawk wrote:
The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


no.

great record for sure, but its no; chronic, nation of millions, paid in full, low end theory, straight outa, death certificate, me against, sex packets, raising hell, radio, reasonable doubt, no one can do it better, paul's, enter wu....

good, yes, important, for sure. Something like Exile on Main Street or Ziggy? No flippin way. And forget comparing him to Robert Johnson, that is just crazy talk. Eminem is much closer to the level of Kid and Play than he is to someone like Bowie. "Stan" vs. "Queen Bitch"???

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21064
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
NoChops wrote:
pehawk wrote:
The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


no.

great record for sure, but its no; chronic, nation of millions, paid in full, low end theory, straight outa, death certificate, me against, sex packets, raising hell, radio, reasonable doubt, no one can do it better, paul's, enter wu....

good, yes, important, for sure. Something like Exile on Main Street or Ziggy? No flippin way. And forget comparing him to Robert Johnson, that is just crazy talk. Eminem is much closer to the level of Kid and Play than he is to someone like Bowie. "Stan" vs. "Queen Bitch"???

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.


Genius and HUGELY important?....Hardly, I've never even heard it. But you know, here it appears either "rock sucks, or rap sucks".

The two genres are not even comparable. You either like it or you don't.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:09 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1404
Largent80 wrote:
NoChops wrote:
pehawk wrote:
The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


no.

great record for sure, but its no; chronic, nation of millions, paid in full, low end theory, straight outa, death certificate, me against, sex packets, raising hell, radio, reasonable doubt, no one can do it better, paul's, enter wu....

good, yes, important, for sure. Something like Exile on Main Street or Ziggy? No flippin way. And forget comparing him to Robert Johnson, that is just crazy talk. Eminem is much closer to the level of Kid and Play than he is to someone like Bowie. "Stan" vs. "Queen Bitch"???

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.


Genius and HUGELY important?....Hardly, I've never even heard it. But you know, here it appears either "rock sucks, or rap sucks".

The two genres are not even comparable. You either like it or you don't.


I have the CD and actually like it quite a bit, but to say its on the same level as something as "Let it Bleed" is kinda pushing it. Take Bowie, he as a new disk out(quite good actually) he has been doing it for 40 years, Eminem hasn't done squat in how long? He is huge if rap is your thing, but in terms of music as a whole, he is just a drop in the bucket. I think Em is a great one, but he could only dream of doing something as good as this, and if anyone wants to argue, I will slap you up side the head with my beeper.



Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:29 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
NoChops wrote:
pehawk wrote:
The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


no.

great record for sure, but its no; chronic, nation of millions, paid in full, low end theory, straight outa, death certificate, me against, sex packets, raising hell, radio, reasonable doubt, no one can do it better, paul's, enter wu....

good, yes, important, for sure. Something like Exile on Main Street or Ziggy? No flippin way. And forget comparing him to Robert Johnson, that is just crazy talk. Eminem is much closer to the level of Kid and Play than he is to someone like Bowie. "Stan" vs. "Queen Bitch"???

Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.


It's comprable to everything you listed, IMO. As I said, because of its messaging and importance. Without it, things dont move along, evolve, progress to today. I personally put it up with Cash or Dylan for storytelling, but understand that's personal. It's still important though.


Last edited by pehawk on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Oh, and big props to Chops for the Sex Packets mention. UNDERRATED GROUP AND DISK.

Underwater Rhymes....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:47 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1404
I am the packet man fool..

might be a generational thing...I don't see anything Em did holding a candle to PE or NWA. The Bowie thing is what got my panties in a bunch though..Guy could fart show tunes and would be one of the greatest thing in my book.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I love Bowie and hold him in the highest regard. But, like Bowie, Em pushed music new directions. Rap was bogged down in turf wars and the gangsta era before him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm
Posts: 1855
Riley12 wrote:
Soppie wrote:

Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.


He isn't even the best white rapper of all time.


Agreed. Lil' Kevin all the way.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
Seanhawk wrote:
Riley12 wrote:
Soppie wrote:

Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.


He isn't even the best white rapper of all time.


Agreed. Lil' Kevin all the way.


Powder B from Mo Thugs is best.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm
Posts: 1855
dunceface wrote:
Seanhawk wrote:

Agreed. Lil' Kevin all the way.


Powder B from Mo Thugs is best.


Never mind.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5582
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
Nobody's a musician unless they use drumsticks.


Oops....you're bad....Sorry Zeb, But I also teach guitar, and have a published book on guitar instruction. In other words scratchmeister....I SHRED. sorry to fuck up your whole deal.


I'm not a DJ nor a sampler nor a drummer. I just happen to know enough about all of them to appreciate them all for what they are, which is, for all intents and purposes, virtually the same thing.

Nice F bomb in the Lounge, btw.


They're almost the exact same thing, except the sampler and drum machine won't ditch band practice to be with their new girlfriend. Drum machines are awesome. Tighter rhythm and more reliable. It's win/win, really.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3084
:snack:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5582
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
Image

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I'm pretty sure your picture doesn't include published instructional guitar authors, like Zeb.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 5582
Location: Not Umatilla, Oregon
pehawk wrote:
I'm pretty sure your picture doesn't include published instructional guitar authors, like Zeb.


Much less published instructional guitar authors that can SHRED.

_________________
Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
SmokinHawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I'm pretty sure your picture doesn't include published instructional guitar authors, like Zeb.


Much less published instructional guitar authors that can SHRED.


Like John Mayer?

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:08 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8666
Location: Is Everything
dunceface wrote:
Seanhawk wrote:
Riley12 wrote:
[quote="Soppie"]

Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.


He isn't even the best white rapper of all time.


Agreed. Lil' Kevin all the way.


Powder B from Mo Thugs is best.[/quote]

Powder P???

Krispy Kreme hands down.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8822
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Vanilla Ice... Mainly cause he has a show on DIY network.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Popular artists that
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:23 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Krispy Kreme hands down.


This is true. For 10 songs he was absolutely flawless. Probably the best 10 song streak in the history of man and music.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 86Hawk, cnjvh and 3 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.