Popular artists that

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:John Mayer can shred!!


    Your body is a wonderland.....Ummmmm...No


    He makes shitty music and he's a douche bag but he can shred. It's not debatable.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:Eminem



    You shut your mouth.

    Lil Wayne. Bieber.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9284
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:John Mayer can shred!!


    Your body is a wonderland.....Ummmmm...No


    He makes shitty music and he's a douche bag but he can shred. It's not debatable.


    Says the hip hop producer, that admittedly hates music. If he shreds then Eminem is a shredmeister.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 pm
  • No, Eminem can't shred. I don't think he can even play a lick.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Yeah unfortunately John Mayer is a smokin guitar player no doubt about it.I would still love to take hammers to his hands,dude is annoying and rubs me the wrong way.Thank god for Joe Bonamossa because he kind of stole the whole new blues king annointing.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 pm
  • Maroon 5 is probably the worst garbage going right now,who wouldnt love to suplex that singer off of the top rope.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm
  • Oh yeah Maroon 5 sucks.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:49 pm
  • Yes, Maroon 5 is my #1 popular band that I can't stand. I'll throw Nickelback in there too... if you want to even call them popular anymore. I don't know if they even exist at this point.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1350
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Popular artists that
Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:43 pm
  • Van Halen, ACDC, and Ozzy. Maybe its just because my local rock station still plays them like they are still relevant, but I cannot stand them when they come on the radio. So overplayed..

    Rush sucks too.

    Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.
    When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall.
    http://www.yakimamavericks.org
    User avatar
    Soppie
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 482
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 am
    Location: Yakima Wa.


Re: Popular artists that
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:48 am
  • Soppie wrote:Van Halen, ACDC, and Ozzy. Maybe its just because my local rock station still plays them like they are still relevant, but I cannot stand them when they come on the radio. So overplayed..

    Rush sucks too.

    Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.


    Not even
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19206
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:03 am
  • Speaking of shredding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like its still the same guys that we associate with shredding are still "the" guys. There's nobody new on the scene. Anytime there's something on about guitar playing its either Slash, Satriani, Clapton, Vai, Santana or some other 70's-80's guitar guru. No wonder the young people don't listen to it, its shit their dad's listen to.

    By the way f*ck Moron 5, Coldplay, Lil Wayne, One Direction, Foo Fighters and that ga damned Gangnam Style mofo.
    Image
    User avatar
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *
     
    Posts: 1046
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
    Location: Los Angeles


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:10 am
  • rastahawk wrote:Speaking of shredding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like its still the same guys that we associate with shredding are still "the" guys. There's nobody new on the scene. Anytime there's something on about guitar playing its either Slash, Satriani, Clapton, Vai, Santana or some other 70's-80's guitar guru. No wonder the young people don't listen to it, its shit their dad's listen to.



    Buckethead :D
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2745
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Wa


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:13 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Speaking of shredding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like its still the same guys that we associate with shredding are still "the" guys. There's nobody new on the scene. Anytime there's something on about guitar playing its either Slash, Satriani, Clapton, Vai, Santana or some other 70's-80's guitar guru. No wonder the young people don't listen to it, its shit their dad's listen to.



    Buckethead :D


    Yeah! Love me that tune "Whitewash"
    Image
    User avatar
    rastahawk
    * Just Chillin' *
     
    Posts: 1046
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am
    Location: Los Angeles


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:19 pm
  • Soppie wrote:
    Eminem is the best rap artist of all time.


    He isn't even the best white rapper of all time.
    User avatar
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 pm
  • There was a point when Eminem was probably the best rapper in the world. Or at least top 2-3.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:29 pm
  • rastahawk wrote:Speaking of shredding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like its still the same guys that we associate with shredding are still "the" guys. There's nobody new on the scene. Anytime there's something on about guitar playing its either Slash, Satriani, Clapton, Vai, Santana or some other 70's-80's guitar guru. No wonder the young people don't listen to it, its shit their dad's listen to.

    By the way f*ck Moron 5, Coldplay, Lil Wayne, One Direction, Foo Fighters and that ga damned Gangnam Style mofo.


    You can blame this on the hip hop, sampling video game generation. People are too lazy to actually pick up an instrument and have the dicipline to takes to become a master.

    The sad thing is, there are probably thousands out there that have the ability but don't even realize it because it is so much easier to sample and scratch rather than actually develope talent.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    rastahawk wrote:Speaking of shredding, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like its still the same guys that we associate with shredding are still "the" guys. There's nobody new on the scene. Anytime there's something on about guitar playing its either Slash, Satriani, Clapton, Vai, Santana or some other 70's-80's guitar guru. No wonder the young people don't listen to it, its shit their dad's listen to.

    By the way f*ck Moron 5, Coldplay, Lil Wayne, One Direction, Foo Fighters and that ga damned Gangnam Style mofo.


    You can blame this on the hip hop, sampling video game generation. People are too lazy to actually pick up an instrument and have the dicipline to takes to become a master.

    The sad thing is, there are probably thousands out there that have the ability but don't even realize it because it is so much easier to sample and scratch rather than actually develope talent.


    :roll: are we really gonna start this "conversation" again?
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm
  • Sampling and scratching are talents that require a different skill set than playing a string or wind instrument. They're actually much more similar to playing the drums.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 pm
  • Look DUNCE, I actually teach drums and guitar. And THESE are the things my young students say to me, this is not the way I feel, but it comes from their mouths. Thank gawd at least they have enough energy and smarts to keep music moving forward.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Sampling and scratching are talents that require a different skill set than playing a string or wind instrument. They're actually much more similar to playing the drums.


    You are a bigger idiot than I once thought. Congrats on your graduation.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 pm
  • The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Sampling and scratching are talents that require a different skill set than playing a string or wind instrument. They're actually much more similar to playing the drums.


    You are a bigger idiot than I once thought. Congrats on your graduation.


    Wow. Great counter argument. You know absolutely nothing about sampling or scratching. I'm an idiot and clearly you're a genius.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:49 pm
  • Largent80, a classical composer would find your work "cute and child-like". So....
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:54 pm
  • I understand your pining for the good ol' days, but its called musical evolution and I'm sorry it makes you sad :cry:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:57 pm
  • pehawk wrote:The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


    Not only was the album a critically acclaimed masterpiece and hugely influential (although some [see: me] would argue negatively) on the future of music, but between Infinite, Slim Shady & Marshall Mathers, even the Eminem Show, Em was one of the most, if not the most, skilled rappers & lyricists in the game. He was rapping circles around just about everybody between 98 & 02 or 03.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:00 pm
  • dunceface wrote:I understand your pining for the good ol' days, but its called musical evolution and I'm sorry it makes you sad :cry:


    But he cant even pine for the good ol' days. I watched a doc this week about classical drummers from the 30's and 40's, it's LIGHTYEARS beyond what any rock or Largent currently does with drums. Light years in skill and complexity.

    Of course, I'm not a douchebag, and assume the difference is simply because of Largent's skill-set, not evolving tastes in music. But, drummers from the 30's and 40's big band eras would FOR SURE think Largent's lil pounding to Cars songs as corny and trite.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:00 pm
  • dunceface wrote:I understand your pining for the good ol' days, but its called musical evolution and I'm sorry it makes you sad :cry:


    Haha me comparing scratching to drumming pissed him off so bad.

    The thing is, I don't even entirely disagree with some of what he's saying, but his inability to recognize where he's misinformed, ignorant and basically talking out of his rear end makes him look like a complete jackass. The rear end of a jackass even.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pehawk wrote:The Marshall Mathers LP stands up in terms of brilliance and importance as much as any Robert Johnson, Stones, Patti Smith, G n R, Bowie, Motown, etc LP. It's genius and HUGELY important.


    Not only was the album a critically acclaimed masterpiece and hugely influential (although some [see: me] would argue negatively) on the future of music, but between Infinite, Slim Shady & Marshall Mathers, even the Eminem Show, Em was one of the most, if not the most, skilled rappers & lyricists in the game. He was rapping circles around just about everybody between 98 & 02 or 03.


    But, but, Zeb, music has NO PLACE for storytellers. No one appreciates Dylan, Cash, Williams Sr, Merle for their stories. They love them for their musical insturment prowess. I mean, no way the aforementioned would be rappers if they came out today, no WAY. The message was secondary to their insturment work.

    Oh, wait...?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Nobody's a musician unless they use drumsticks.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm
  • Of course Rob can't admit when he is wrong. That is part of his charm.

    Back to white rappers. For you kids out there who missed them, here are the greatest:



    They didn't even hit an artistic peak with their commercial successes. That came with, in my opinion, Paul's Boutique, one of the greatest
    albums of all time.
    User avatar
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *
     
    Posts: 2616
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:02 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Largent80, a classical composer would find your work "cute and child-like". So....


    I am honored, with a rebel yell, he cried Mo, Mo, Mo.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Nobody's a musician unless they use drumsticks.


    Oops....you're bad....Sorry Zeb, But I also teach guitar, and have a published book on guitar instruction. In other words scratchmeister....I SHRED. sorry to fuck up your whole deal.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24167
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:15 pm
  • I think you did indeed "f up" Zebs whole deal. I for one am worried for Zeb because of this latest devolpment.

    Zeb, you okay? Largent F'd up your whole deal, and, well, I know how tough that can be.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:32 pm
  • I just checked and my deal's still ok. Whew. Close one.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Nobody's a musician unless they use drumsticks.


    Oops....you're bad....Sorry Zeb, But I also teach guitar, and have a published book on guitar instruction. In other words scratchmeister....I SHRED. sorry to fuck up your whole deal.


    I'm not a DJ nor a sampler nor a drummer. I just happen to know enough about all of them to appreciate them all for what they are, which is, for all intents and purposes, virtually the same thing.

    Nice F bomb in the Lounge, btw.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:15 pm
  • El-P or Qwel would be my favorite white rappers
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:31 pm

Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Aesop Rock by a lot for me.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:44 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Aesop Rock by a lot for me.


    Yes. He would be #3 and Sage would have to be #4
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:54 pm
  • Aesop Rock HAS to be frying balls when he writes cuz his rhymes sound like reading the encyclopedia backwards in quattrain!
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:12 pm
  • I don't care for Eminems music, but I'll agree that his first 3-4 albums were influential in today's Hip Hop, you ask any of these rappers ages 23-27 who has had an impact on them as an artist they'll most likely say Eminem & Jay-Z, it's almost a given.

    Where Eminem lost me at an early age, was the content of his music. No hate at all, but it wasn't for me.

    & Haha @ Dunce about Aesop Rock, but that could be said about a lot of underground rappers.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19206
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm
  • As far as MM goes maybe his lyrics didn't hit home. Me neither. Lyrically, Wayne isn't in the same league. Not close.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9284
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:I don't care for Eminems music, but I'll agree that his first 3-4 albums were influential in today's Hip Hop, you ask any of these rappers ages 23-27 who has had an impact on them as an artist they'll most likely say Eminem & Jay-Z, it's almost a given.

    Where Eminem lost me at an early age, was the content of his music. No hate at all, but it wasn't for me.

    & Haha @ Dunce about Aesop Rock, but that could be said about a lot of underground rappers.


    Yeah but Aesop actually pulls it off!

    And Em is one of the best wordsmiths ever but I'm with you that his subject matter got all whiny when he was bitching about britney spears and n sync but then Ja Rule got him all worked up and the mixtape he did with Green Lantern was some of the illest shit he had spit since Amityville
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3344
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 pm
  • Em's lyrics on the MM LP, 95% of the songs, had a social commentary/social satire vibe. I know art is subjective, but that's what I want from artists, social commentary and messages. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I'll reach for something bragadocious (mirror, mirror by Big Gipp), sometimes violent (Triumph by Wu), sometimes fun (five duece four trey by Backbone), but mostly I want to hear their stance on things.

    Wonder why I like message boards?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Em's biggest mistake, imo, was trying to be gangster. When he wasn't trying to be tough he was hilarious.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:32 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Em's lyrics on the MM LP, 95% of the songs, had a social commentary/social satire vibe. I know art is subjective, but that's what I want from artists, social commentary and messages. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I'll reach for something bragadocious (mirror, mirror by Big Gipp), sometimes violent (Triumph by Wu), sometimes fun (five duece four trey by Backbone), but mostly I want to hear their stance on things.

    Wonder why I like message boards?


    He lost me at the psycho wannabe stuff, but it's been years since I've heard the MM LP, that came out when I was like...10 or 11, god damn we're getting old
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19206
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Em's lyrics on the MM LP, 95% of the songs, had a social commentary/social satire vibe. I know art is subjective, but that's what I want from artists, social commentary and messages. Dont get me wrong, sometimes I'll reach for something bragadocious (mirror, mirror by Big Gipp), sometimes violent (Triumph by Wu), sometimes fun (five duece four trey by Backbone), but mostly I want to hear their stance on things.

    Wonder why I like message boards?


    He lost me at the psycho wannabe stuff, but it's been years since I've heard the MM LP, that came out when I was like...10 or 11, god damn we're getting old


    Relapse should never have been made.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14711
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Em's biggest mistake, imo, was trying to be gangster. When he wasn't trying to be tough he was hilarious.


    50 too! Ever hear, I think its called "Who Shot ya" by 50? I think it was pre-shotup time. He was actually fairly whimsical and clever.

    I love Lil Wayne, but also blame him for recent bad trends in hip-hop. He needs to move to Atlanta for awhile to get a bit more musicianship.
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 10154
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Popular artists that
Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:36 pm
  • pehawk wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Em's biggest mistake, imo, was trying to be gangster. When he wasn't trying to be tough he was hilarious.


    50 too! Ever hear, I think its called "Who Shot ya" by 50? I think it was pre-shotup time. He was actually fairly whimsical and clever.

    I love Lil Wayne, but also blame him for recent bad trends in hip-hop. He needs to move to Atlanta for awhile to get a bit more musicianship.




    This?
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19206
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Next


It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online