When you live around Seattle, you don't get to see this....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Very often, at least.

http://vimeo.com/61596987
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Cool. I love my home in the Pacific Northwest but the 7 straight months of clouds/rain/wind gets very, very old. Whether it's because I want to go fly or stare at a cool celestial event at night, sometimes it just sucks.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Very cool, thanks Sutz.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• I love the weather and traffic in Seattle. Two best reasons to live here.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• I love the PNW. However, after 31 years of gloom, I needed to get into happier, and sunnier climates, and I love where I'm at now. I can ride my motorcycle practically every day in dry conditions. There are trade offs, but for me I look back fondly of my memories of my time there with no regrets of moving.

I'm coming for a game and a week this early September and I want to see all my friends. As soon as the schedule is announced, I will know when it will be.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Now into my midlife, I totally get why older people move South. I wouldn't rule out moving somewhere warmer in my golden years even though the PNW will always be "home".

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Cool. I love my home in the Pacific Northwest but the 7 straight months of clouds/rain/wind gets very, very old. Whether it's because I want to go fly or stare at a cool celestial event at night, sometimes it just sucks.

Hey, I can sell ya a nice lot in the Springs with a fantastic view and OODLES of clear sky.
    Can't have wildfires for a long time, everything that can burn already did.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We're looking for grit"
    Pete Carroll
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

• Rocket wrote:
    Aros wrote:Cool. I love my home in the Pacific Northwest but the 7 straight months of clouds/rain/wind gets very, very old. Whether it's because I want to go fly or stare at a cool celestial event at night, sometimes it just sucks.

Hey, I can sell ya a nice lot in the Springs with a fantastic view and OODLES of clear sky.
    Can't have wildfires for a long time, everything that can burn already did.

:laugh:
    Nice to see you can joke about that now Rocket. Tough times, though.

:th2thumbs:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• sutz wrote:Nice to see you can joke about that now Rocket. Tough times, though.

:th2thumbs:

Indeed! One day Rocket and I will be driving Lamborghini's. Just ask him! It will happen one day. (In our dreams count, right?)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• The ONLY thing I miss, living here in Texas, is the topography of the PNW.

To gaze out one's kitchen window to see a snow-capped mountain range, or to look down a slope to see lush grassy fields leading to a driftwood-laden beach, or to drive through a curvy highway surrounded by pointed evergreen trees...

Oh, and to taste a freshly-harvested Dungeoness crab cooked in Puget Sound salt water...

Y'all need to quit your bitchin.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information