Underrated Movies

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:14 pm
  • Awfully hard to call a movie that won an oscar for best picture underrated but: The Departed.

    Great, great, great movie, imo. And unlike a lot of great movie's its also really entertaining. I dont think it gets enough love from movie fans as it deserves. Should be right up there with the all time greats.

    I know its appreciated, but it should be one of the all time classics, which makes it underrated.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18806
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm
  • pehawk wrote:How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


    I don't know, do you consider a Pagani Zonda sports car underrated because only a handful of people own one compared to 911 Turbos or Ferraris? Sales aren't really related to whether something is underrated or overrated, it's about how many people know about it and like it/think it's great.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Not even close to being a fair comparison, Roland. First of all, the Zonda was limited production. It would be the equivalent of Hurt Locker only being shown in like 100 theaters nationwide. Also, the Zonda is a lot more costly than a 911 turbo and a lot of Ferarris. Make an apples to apples comparison next time, arsebag.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm
  • Oh, for Christ's sake; then Rolls Royces compared to 911s, whatever.

    <random easily available but super expensive sports car that sells far fewer models each year than Porsche does>

    Does that work for you? Also, no need to resort to name-calling in the lounge.

    Also, price was also an intentional point. Porsche brings in a ton more money than Pagani does as a company. How about Lotus, then? Cheaper cars AND way less annual income for the company than Porsche. Similar to the way less viewers/money angle Pe brought up for Hurt Locker.

    Jesus.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am
  • God Bless America
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am
  • Why are they arguing over criteria?
    Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

    Lord...
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1492
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am
  • Rocket wrote:Why are they arguing over criteria?
    Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

    Lord...


    These gals will bicker over everything.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9364
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

    Def one of my favorites.

    The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
    The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


    Yes! Top Secret! There's a lot of people out there who don't know that movie. That's a classic! One of my favorite comedies.

    Neek!!!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1365
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:59 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
    12 monkeys
    Gross pointe blank
    Deadman


    Most people haven't seen Dead Man, and it's a damn shame.


    Great movie and the soundtrack was AMAZING......and I am about as far from a Neil Young fan as you can possibly be. Plus Gibby Haynes and Iggy Pop have cameos!


    The scene with Billy Bob Thornton talking about the sun going out cracked me up. And if we're talking about Jarmusch, how about Broken Flowers?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15787
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm
  • Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25606
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Mmmmm...Roasted Cardinal


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.



    You can't win an Osv ar and be under rated. It's not possible.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9364
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.



    You can't win an Osv ar and be under rated. It's not possible.


    You gals will bicker over anything.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15335
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Don't know how I feel about Broken Flowers, it kind of made me feel...well, that's about it.

    Here's a couple in my opinion...
    The Fall
    Brick
    Equilibrium
    The Omega Man
    User avatar
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:You gals will bicker over anything.


    Zing! Zeb with the saaaaaaave.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 am
  • Clocking in at about 50 minutes, it's not, strictly speaking, a movie, but The Comic Strip's Mr Jolly Lives Next Door is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on a television.
    User avatar
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1297
    Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:The scene with Billy Bob Thornton talking about the sun going out cracked me up. And if we're talking about Jarmusch, how about Broken Flowers?


    You're mis-remembering that. It was Michael Wincott talking about the sun going out. Billy Bob Thornton played the part of 'Big George, part of Iggy Pop's crew in the movie.

    You're welcome.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:Clocking in at about 50 minutes, it's not, strictly speaking, a movie, but The Comic Strip's Mr Jolly Lives Next Door is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on a television.


    YES.

    People over here won't know about it, but oh my god what a laugh. Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson at their finest.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Better Off Dead


    I'm only about 20 minutes into this movie and I can already tell that it's awesome. I can't believe I haven't seen this before! So much "tongue in cheek" comedy, and I didn't even think this sort of thing existed before 1990.
    User avatar
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm
  • A lot of my fav movies have already been mentioned so I wonder how under rated they actually are. A couple I havn't seen mentioned yet that I think are underrated:

    Lesbian Vampire Killers. That movie caught me so off guard and is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.

    Blood of Hero's- Low budget (actually a high budget movie parading as a low budget movie) Simple yet entertaining especially the last match.

    Romeo and Julliet with Decaprio. One of my favorite movies ever. Brilliant.

    Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. The Red headed step child of the franchise. My favorite of the Bunch...actually I like 1 and 5 almost as much but those movies had the advantage of having the original cast.

    Gattica.

    In Time.

    Star Wars episodes 1-3. I don't care what anyone else says, I love those movies as much as the episodes 4-6. A lot of the backlash I feel lays with ppl romanticizing the original trilogy while at the same time not being able to see past the things they dislike about the newer trilogy to see the entirity of the movies. I actually find the newer movies superior in almost every way. (I still hate Jar Jar thou)

    It's hard to decide what is underrated because most of my friends have similar tastes in movie's and I can't remember which movies were popular at the time they were in theatres. I'm trying to think of movies I liked but have heard bad things about or never heard of before I watched them.

    Shy

    PS, to the dude that mentioned Layer Cake, that is easily one of my favorite movies. Welcome to the layer cake son.
    Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman
    User avatar
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
    Location: Caprica City, Caprica


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm
  • The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


    3 of my favorite movies. Did you ever see the "alternate" ending of Ronin? Hated it. How could they do that to one of my favorite Irish girls?

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 pm
  • ShyCheetah wrote:A lot of my fav movies have already been mentioned so I wonder how under rated they actually are. A couple I havn't seen mentioned yet that I think are underrated:

    Lesbian Vampire Killers. That movie caught me so off guard and is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.

    Blood of Hero's- Low budget (actually a high budget movie parading as a low budget movie) Simple yet entertaining especially the last match.

    Romeo and Julliet with Decaprio. One of my favorite movies ever. Brilliant.

    Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. The Red headed step child of the franchise. My favorite of the Bunch...actually I like 1 and 5 almost as much but those movies had the advantage of having the original cast.

    Gattica.

    In Time.

    Star Wars episodes 1-3. I don't care what anyone else says, I love those movies as much as the episodes 4-6. A lot of the backlash I feel lays with ppl romanticizing the original trilogy while at the same time not being able to see past the things they dislike about the newer trilogy to see the entirity of the movies. I actually find the newer movies superior in almost every way. (I still hate Jar Jar thou)

    It's hard to decide what is underrated because most of my friends have similar tastes in movie's and I can't remember which movies were popular at the time they were in theatres. I'm trying to think of movies I liked but have heard bad things about or never heard of before I watched them.

    Shy

    PS, to the dude that mentioned Layer Cake, that is easily one of my favorite movies. Welcome to the layer cake son.


    Wow.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:28 pm
  • The Radish wrote:The Professional (Jean Reno)

    :les:


    I don't know of anyone who thinks that the Professional isn't as good as it is. Everyone I have ever spoken to regarding it, loved the movie. I don't think it could be called Underrated.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm
  • TriCHawk wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

    Def one of my favorites.

    The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
    The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


    Yes! Top Secret! There's a lot of people out there who don't know that movie. That's a classic! One of my favorite comedies.

    Neek!!!

    Wasn't sure if anyone would remember it.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9027
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm
  • The Radish wrote:The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


    3 of my favorite movies. Did you ever see the "alternate" ending of Ronin? Hated it. How could they do that to one of my favorite Irish girls?

    :les:

    Nope....never saw it.
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9027
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm
  • Willow

    The Usual Suspects
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10767
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm
  • I gotta agree with Willow, I loved that movie and I think it makes me a little... racist maybe, that watching tyrion in game of thrones reminded me of that movie.

    Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is friggin awesome, and should be seen by everyone.
    User avatar
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 698
    Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
    Location: Auburn, Wa


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:24 pm
  • SilNWest wrote:Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is friggin awesome, and should be seen by everyone.


    Yes.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 15335
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 am
  • Love the hard way- adrien brody
    clockers- spike lee- not really sure if i would call this underrated< but seems like we are using the term loosely.
    city of gods and sin nombre- both foriegn gangster-life in third world ghettos movies- both were critically acclaimed but I m sure alot of Americans didnt see.
    Gentlemen Broncos- LOVE this comedy-kind of Napoleon Dynamite style movie
    Things to do in Denver when youre Dead-Andy Garcia, christopher Walken-gangster movie
    I hope they serve beer in hell- comedy like the hangover
    black dynamite-modern blacxploitation movie they ended up making a animated series out of.
    Big Fan- Awesome football movie! Twisted, very creative movie!
    Felon-Val Kilmer- one of the most realistic prison movies youll see.
    Life is hot in cracktown-Intense drug addiction movie like requiem for a dream.

    I wanted to list a bunch more but they seem too mainstream to me! Half of these are questionable if they qualify for underrated?
    I d love to hear your guys opinions on any of these!
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Willow

    The Usual Suspects



    Funny, me who hates that kind of stuff really liked Willow. Don't remember it being underrated at all.

    And The Usual Suspects?

    Got big time attention in all the media. Daughter suggested I see it and loved it!

    "Really? I live in Queens". hahahahaha

    My favorite quote from that show tho was "Old McDonald had a farm, eieio. And on this farm he shot some guys".

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 am
  • A Bronx Tale was pretty friggin good.
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25606
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Mmmmm...Roasted Cardinal


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:The Usual Suspects


    Wrong thread. This one belongs in the "overrated movies" one.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:The Usual Suspects


    Wrong thread. This one belongs in the "overrated movies" one.

    It shouldn't be in this thread but it doesn't belong in the other IMO.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9364
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm
  • Great call on City of God. I want to slap any man in the face who hasn't seen that movie. It's required viewing.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12204
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Great call on City of God. I want to slap any man in the face who hasn't seen that movie. It's required viewing.


    Is that the Brazillian one? Yeah, it's quite good. I mean, I've seen grittier movies, but it's pretty gritty. It's sort of like a Brazillian 'Slumdog millionaire', except better.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm
  • Are you trying to be hated, peaches?

    By same filmmaker of City of God; Sugar. Really good TRUE baseball movie.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12204
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Are you trying to be hated, peaches?

    By same filmmaker of City of God; Sugar. Really good TRUE baseball movie.


    Have not seen Sugar. The Slumdog comment was meant to wind you up.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 pm
  • The Constant Gardener
    The prophecy
    In the mouth of Madness
    Moneyball
    starship troopers
    galaxy quest
    Moon
    Heartbreak Ridge

    I don't know how underrated they are but every time they are on I will watch them.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    User avatar
    storm74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 606
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Great call on City of God. I want to slap any man in the face who hasn't seen that movie. It's required viewing.


    Is that the Brazillian one? Yeah, it's quite good. I mean, I've seen grittier movies, but it's pretty gritty. It's sort of like a Brazillian 'Slumdog millionaire', except better.

    Sin Nombre is probably grittier- its about a kid in El Salvador trying to leave his gang, MS-13. Very, very gritty.
    User avatar
    largenutz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 884
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
    Location: Denver, Colorado


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:The Usual Suspects


    Wrong thread. This one belongs in the "overrated movies" one.


    I will cut you.

    I'm calling it under rated because it didn't do well in theaters at all

    Opened at 18th at the box office, never higher than 5th. It didn't get a huge following until it went to video. I still know a bunch of people that haven't seen it.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10767
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Spokane wrote:Up The Creek
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nDaFdtpGBQ

    A 1984 classic!


    Ha! We had that on VHS -- watched that many times as a kid.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1365
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm
  • Withnail & I? Does that count?
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11551
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 am
  • I can't believe no one has mentioned Boondock Saints yet.

    Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought it was an awesome movie. Right up next to the greatest movie of all time ... Kung Fu Hustle, which has already been mentioned
    Image
    User avatar
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 259
    Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:09 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:24 pm
  • City Of Reign wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned Boondock Saints yet.

    Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought it was an awesome movie. Right up next to the greatest movie of all time ... Kung Fu Hustle, which has already been mentioned


    A gf had Boondock Saints as her fav movie and made me watch it with her and the whole time I was wondering what made her think that it was even a good movie let alone her favorite. Needless to say that I thought it was very below avg.

    Shy
    Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman
    User avatar
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 345
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
    Location: Caprica City, Caprica


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:28 pm
  • ShyCheetah wrote:
    City Of Reign wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned Boondock Saints yet.

    Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought it was an awesome movie. Right up next to the greatest movie of all time ... Kung Fu Hustle, which has already been mentioned


    A gf had Boondock Saints as her fav movie and made me watch it with her and the whole time I was wondering what made her think that it was even a good movie let alone her favorite. Needless to say that I thought it was very below avg.

    Shy



    He was obviously joking.

    Fried Green Tomatoes.
    Lemon Sisters.
    Yaya sisterhood.
    Beaches.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9364
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Almost Famous. Brilliant movie. The only movie that has ever made me fall in love with a charachter. I would marry Kate Hudson as Penny Lane tomorrow if i could.

    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18806
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:43 am
  • Fried Green Tomatos & Beaches under rated?

    What left field did that come from?

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:37 am
  • The Radish wrote:Fried Green Tomatos & Beaches under rated?

    What left field did that come from?

    :roll:


    I believe a field of rainbows.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2898
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:03 am
  • Frost/Nixon

    damn that's an underrated flick. And, I find most of Ron Hoawrd's stuff corny, but that's a gem.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 12204
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am
  • Howard The Duck

    Ninja Scroll
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10767
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


PreviousNext


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online