Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
pehawk wrote:
You know what pisses me off? There were no more Remo Williams movies, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATES "The Adventure Begins". I was so amped for a string of really bad, cold war propaganda, B-rate action films.

No one's mentioned Big Trouble Little China yet?

Wall-E and Apocolypto stand as the two best films made in a decade, IMO.

Hurt Locker's up there. Gone Baby Gone can never have enough said about it.


I thought about BTILC, but I'm not sure it's really overrated. I don't know of anyone who doesn't love it.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
pehawk wrote:
Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

So, yeah Zeb, what now?


Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Pans Labrynth?

Ghost World (not teh Pitt/Bassinger one)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
pehawk wrote:
Pans Labrynth?

Ghost World (not teh Pitt/Bassinger one)


Both. Ghost world is a fantastic movie. Thora Birch can't act, but it kinda works in this one. Buscemi - as usual - hold the entire thing together.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favorites.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Damn straight on Birch NOT being an actress. But, it fit the role so well, it was perfect. I'm too lazy to look it up, but whom ever directed that deserves props.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
pehawk wrote:
Image


HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
pehawk wrote:
Damn straight on Birch NOT being an actress. But, it fit the role so well, it was perfect. I'm too lazy to look it up, but whom ever directed that deserves props.


The internets say it was Terry Zwigoff. Same guy who directed 'Crumb' a fantastic documentary about the life and works of R crumb, adult comis book artist.

And also Bad Santa...oddly enough...

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Love Crumb.

Devil and Daniel Johnston


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:16 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
peachesenregalia wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Image


HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."


"everybody make happy... make everybody happy... be a comedian."

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
Zebulon Dak wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Image


HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."


"everybody make happy... make everybody happy... be a comedian."


YES!!! I love you guys!!!

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22635
Location: Kirkland, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

So, yeah Zeb, what now?


Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
This one's a good one:

Image

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

So, yeah Zeb, what now?


Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

So, yeah Zeb, what now?


Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
RolandDeschain wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

So, yeah Zeb, what now?


Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
When it won, it's all anybody could talk about. Maybe it's the most underrated Best Picture winner of all time, but as far as being a good movie, it got the accolades it deserved.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: Seattle, WA - USA
peachesenregalia wrote:
pehawk wrote:
You know what pisses me off? There were no more Remo Williams movies, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATES "The Adventure Begins". I was so amped for a string of really bad, cold war propaganda, B-rate action films.

No one's mentioned Big Trouble Little China yet?

Wall-E and Apocolypto stand as the two best films made in a decade, IMO.

Hurt Locker's up there. Gone Baby Gone can never have enough said about it.


I thought about BTILC, but I'm not sure it's really overrated. I don't know of anyone who doesn't love it.



Love Remo, Big Trouble and Gone Baby. Good movies.

_________________
"Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
Posts: 1823
Location: Oklahoma City
Most underrated movie ever, Rubber.

_________________
Tokadub wrote:
I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:14 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Awfully hard to call a movie that won an oscar for best picture underrated but: The Departed.

Great, great, great movie, imo. And unlike a lot of great movie's its also really entertaining. I dont think it gets enough love from movie fans as it deserves. Should be right up there with the all time greats.

I know its appreciated, but it should be one of the all time classics, which makes it underrated.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22635
Location: Kirkland, WA
pehawk wrote:
How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


I don't know, do you consider a Pagani Zonda sports car underrated because only a handful of people own one compared to 911 Turbos or Ferraris? Sales aren't really related to whether something is underrated or overrated, it's about how many people know about it and like it/think it's great.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
Not even close to being a fair comparison, Roland. First of all, the Zonda was limited production. It would be the equivalent of Hurt Locker only being shown in like 100 theaters nationwide. Also, the Zonda is a lot more costly than a 911 turbo and a lot of Ferarris. Make an apples to apples comparison next time, arsebag.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22635
Location: Kirkland, WA
Oh, for Christ's sake; then Rolls Royces compared to 911s, whatever.

<random easily available but super expensive sports car that sells far fewer models each year than Porsche does>

Does that work for you? Also, no need to resort to name-calling in the lounge.

Also, price was also an intentional point. Porsche brings in a ton more money than Pagani does as a company. How about Lotus, then? Cheaper cars AND way less annual income for the company than Porsche. Similar to the way less viewers/money angle Pe brought up for Hurt Locker.

Jesus.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 1425
God Bless America

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 1121
Location: The Rain Forest
Why are they arguing over criteria?
Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

Lord...

_________________
"We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
Angry Doug
"We're looking for grit"
Pete Carroll
"We got grit. That's it."
Earl Thomas.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8663
Location: Is Everything
Rocket wrote:
Why are they arguing over criteria?
Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

Lord...


These gals will bicker over everything.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
Posts: 1295
Location: Tri-Cities, WA
Jazzhawk wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

Def one of my favorites.

The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
The Professional (Jean Reno)
Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


Yes! Top Secret! There's a lot of people out there who don't know that movie. That's a classic! One of my favorite comedies.

Neek!!!

_________________
"I don't know what you're talking about." GT


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:59 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
m0ng0 wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
m0ng0 wrote:
Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
12 monkeys
Gross pointe blank
Deadman


Most people haven't seen Dead Man, and it's a damn shame.


Great movie and the soundtrack was AMAZING......and I am about as far from a Neil Young fan as you can possibly be. Plus Gibby Haynes and Iggy Pop have cameos!


The scene with Billy Bob Thornton talking about the sun going out cracked me up. And if we're talking about Jarmusch, how about Broken Flowers?

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21063
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:06 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8663
Location: Is Everything
Largent80 wrote:
Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.



You can't win an Osv ar and be under rated. It's not possible.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
CALIHAWK1 wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.



You can't win an Osv ar and be under rated. It's not possible.


You gals will bicker over anything.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1584
Don't know how I feel about Broken Flowers, it kind of made me feel...well, that's about it.

Here's a couple in my opinion...
The Fall
Brick
Equilibrium
The Omega Man


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22635
Location: Kirkland, WA
Zebulon Dak wrote:
You gals will bicker over anything.


Zing! Zeb with the saaaaaaave.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm
Posts: 1205
Clocking in at about 50 minutes, it's not, strictly speaking, a movie, but The Comic Strip's Mr Jolly Lives Next Door is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on a television.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
Sarlacc83 wrote:
The scene with Billy Bob Thornton talking about the sun going out cracked me up. And if we're talking about Jarmusch, how about Broken Flowers?


You're mis-remembering that. It was Michael Wincott talking about the sun going out. Billy Bob Thornton played the part of 'Big George, part of Iggy Pop's crew in the movie.

You're welcome.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:21 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
Hawkspur wrote:
Clocking in at about 50 minutes, it's not, strictly speaking, a movie, but The Comic Strip's Mr Jolly Lives Next Door is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen on a television.


YES.

People over here won't know about it, but oh my god what a laugh. Rick Mayall and Ade Edmondson at their finest.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
Posts: 662
Location: Auburn, Wa
Tech Worlds wrote:
Better Off Dead


I'm only about 20 minutes into this movie and I can already tell that it's awesome. I can't believe I haven't seen this before! So much "tongue in cheek" comedy, and I didn't even think this sort of thing existed before 1990.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Caprica City, Caprica
A lot of my fav movies have already been mentioned so I wonder how under rated they actually are. A couple I havn't seen mentioned yet that I think are underrated:

Lesbian Vampire Killers. That movie caught me so off guard and is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Blood of Hero's- Low budget (actually a high budget movie parading as a low budget movie) Simple yet entertaining especially the last match.

Romeo and Julliet with Decaprio. One of my favorite movies ever. Brilliant.

Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. The Red headed step child of the franchise. My favorite of the Bunch...actually I like 1 and 5 almost as much but those movies had the advantage of having the original cast.

Gattica.

In Time.

Star Wars episodes 1-3. I don't care what anyone else says, I love those movies as much as the episodes 4-6. A lot of the backlash I feel lays with ppl romanticizing the original trilogy while at the same time not being able to see past the things they dislike about the newer trilogy to see the entirity of the movies. I actually find the newer movies superior in almost every way. (I still hate Jar Jar thou)

It's hard to decide what is underrated because most of my friends have similar tastes in movie's and I can't remember which movies were popular at the time they were in theatres. I'm trying to think of movies I liked but have heard bad things about or never heard of before I watched them.

Shy

PS, to the dude that mentioned Layer Cake, that is easily one of my favorite movies. Welcome to the layer cake son.

_________________
Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
The Professional (Jean Reno)
Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


3 of my favorite movies. Did you ever see the "alternate" ending of Ronin? Hated it. How could they do that to one of my favorite Irish girls?

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:33 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10217
Location: Helm's Deep
ShyCheetah wrote:
A lot of my fav movies have already been mentioned so I wonder how under rated they actually are. A couple I havn't seen mentioned yet that I think are underrated:

Lesbian Vampire Killers. That movie caught me so off guard and is possibly the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Blood of Hero's- Low budget (actually a high budget movie parading as a low budget movie) Simple yet entertaining especially the last match.

Romeo and Julliet with Decaprio. One of my favorite movies ever. Brilliant.

Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift. The Red headed step child of the franchise. My favorite of the Bunch...actually I like 1 and 5 almost as much but those movies had the advantage of having the original cast.

Gattica.

In Time.

Star Wars episodes 1-3. I don't care what anyone else says, I love those movies as much as the episodes 4-6. A lot of the backlash I feel lays with ppl romanticizing the original trilogy while at the same time not being able to see past the things they dislike about the newer trilogy to see the entirity of the movies. I actually find the newer movies superior in almost every way. (I still hate Jar Jar thou)

It's hard to decide what is underrated because most of my friends have similar tastes in movie's and I can't remember which movies were popular at the time they were in theatres. I'm trying to think of movies I liked but have heard bad things about or never heard of before I watched them.

Shy

PS, to the dude that mentioned Layer Cake, that is easily one of my favorite movies. Welcome to the layer cake son.


Wow.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm
Posts: 1425
The Radish wrote:
The Professional (Jean Reno)

:les:


I don't know of anyone who thinks that the Professional isn't as good as it is. Everyone I have ever spoken to regarding it, loved the movie. I don't think it could be called Underrated.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
TriCHawk wrote:
Jazzhawk wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

Def one of my favorites.

The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
The Professional (Jean Reno)
Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


Yes! Top Secret! There's a lot of people out there who don't know that movie. That's a classic! One of my favorite comedies.

Neek!!!

Wasn't sure if anyone would remember it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:58 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 8923
The Radish wrote:
The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
The Professional (Jean Reno)
Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


3 of my favorite movies. Did you ever see the "alternate" ending of Ronin? Hated it. How could they do that to one of my favorite Irish girls?

:les:

Nope....never saw it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8870
Location: With a white girl
Willow

The Usual Suspects

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:51 am
Posts: 662
Location: Auburn, Wa
I gotta agree with Willow, I loved that movie and I think it makes me a little... racist maybe, that watching tyrion in game of thrones reminded me of that movie.

Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is friggin awesome, and should be seen by everyone.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:24 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13439
Location: King In The North
SilNWest wrote:
Also Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is friggin awesome, and should be seen by everyone.


Yes.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm
Posts: 881
Location: Denver, Colorado
Love the hard way- adrien brody
clockers- spike lee- not really sure if i would call this underrated< but seems like we are using the term loosely.
city of gods and sin nombre- both foriegn gangster-life in third world ghettos movies- both were critically acclaimed but I m sure alot of Americans didnt see.
Gentlemen Broncos- LOVE this comedy-kind of Napoleon Dynamite style movie
Things to do in Denver when youre Dead-Andy Garcia, christopher Walken-gangster movie
I hope they serve beer in hell- comedy like the hangover
black dynamite-modern blacxploitation movie they ended up making a animated series out of.
Big Fan- Awesome football movie! Twisted, very creative movie!
Felon-Val Kilmer- one of the most realistic prison movies youll see.
Life is hot in cracktown-Intense drug addiction movie like requiem for a dream.

I wanted to list a bunch more but they seem too mainstream to me! Half of these are questionable if they qualify for underrated?
I d love to hear your guys opinions on any of these!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 am 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
Willow

The Usual Suspects



Funny, me who hates that kind of stuff really liked Willow. Don't remember it being underrated at all.

And The Usual Suspects?

Got big time attention in all the media. Daughter suggested I see it and loved it!

"Really? I live in Queens". hahahahaha

My favorite quote from that show tho was "Old McDonald had a farm, eieio. And on this farm he shot some guys".

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Underrated Movies
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:45 am 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21063
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
A Bronx Tale was pretty friggin good.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blitzer88, drdiags, Hawkfan509 and 9 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.