Underrated Movies

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Underrated Movies
Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 pm
  • I know Bill Murray said it's the best script he has ever read.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3407
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 am
  • Phenomenon
    Powder
    Miracle on Belle Isle
    Craig's List Joe (more of a documentary)
    Image

    IGNORE THE NOISE!
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8817
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:49 am
  • Aros wrote:Phenomenon
    Powder
    Miracle on Belle Isle
    Craig's List Joe (more of a documentary)



    To bad about Phenomenon cause I thought it was a wonderful explaination of how people would really act when confronted with something they didn't understand. Big names? Travolta, Forrest Whitiker. Robert Duvall, Kyra Sedgwick.

    Now I truly dislike Kyra Sedgwick but she was really great in that show. Yes that means I didn't like The Closer. I rarely will continue watching a program that spends more time on the characters personal lives/problems.
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:07 am

Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 am
  • So I married an axe murderer
    Dennis the Menace
    Dan in real life
    The fifth element
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 13420
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 am
  • 2 days in the valley.

    Reqium for a dream.

    Lawless.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9499
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
    12 monkeys
    Gross pointe blank
    Deadman


    Most people haven't seen Dead Man, and it's a damn shame.
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan

    I know its popular movie, but from a film making point of view, I really think the screenwriting (theme, story arc, dialog, and characters) is really underrated, (because of its sci-fi genre).

    Its a tight script and a solid movie from start to finish, which is why its so memorable among fans. It has more quotable moments than all the other Trek films combined. It almost single handily made the Trek movie franchise, and they have been trying to copy aspects of this film of it ever since.



    BTW, the same could be said of the original Karate Kid.
    User avatar
    SHOCKER315
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 633
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:05 pm
    Location: Portland


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:04 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
    12 monkeys
    Gross pointe blank
    Deadman


    Most people haven't seen Dead Man, and it's a damn shame.


    Great movie and the soundtrack was AMAZING......and I am about as far from a Neil Young fan as you can possibly be. Plus Gibby Haynes and Iggy Pop have cameos!
    Last edited by m0ng0 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
    Location: The Dale of Gold


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

    Def one of my favorites.

    The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
    The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9121
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Ya, Groundhog Day

    I'll add a silly favorite: The Man Who Knew Too Little (Bill Murray)
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 9121
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm
  • SHOCKER315 wrote:Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan

    I know its popular movie, but from a film making point of view, I really think the screenwriting (theme, story arc, dialog, and characters) is really underrated, (because of its sci-fi genre).

    Its a tight script and a solid movie from start to finish, which is why its so memorable among fans. It has more quotable moments than all the other Trek films combined. It almost single handily made the Trek movie franchise, and they have been trying to copy aspects of this film of it ever since.



    BTW, the same could be said of the original Karate Kid.



    I think you're overstating a bit. There was lots of flash about this show and it was one of the most popular of the "Kirk" movies. And boy wasn't that Savik something in those early days??

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm
  • Long Gone (best baseball movie ever, although I did enjoy For Love of the Game and Major league)
    Bio-dome
    3 Idiots
    Outsourced
    High Fidelity
    Mallrats
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    User avatar
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2354
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm
  • Blood Simple
    Miller's Crossing
    The Last Waltz
    Papillon
    User avatar
    12evanf
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2661
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am


Re: Underrated Movies
Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 pm
  • Nerds
    Silent Running
    Retroactive ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117468/ )
    Can't buy me Love ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092718/ )
    The Bedford Incident
    Viva Las Vegas
    Bye Bye Birdie ( not the remake )

    Yes, I have a thing for old Ann Margret flicks... what of it.

    Zebski - good call on Black Snake Moan !!!
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.

    "Yes, I was expecting the ball" -- Marshawn Lynch
    "We will see." -- Rocket (3/10/15) &6/25/15
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1890
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:08 am
  • Rocket wrote:Zebski - good call on Black Snake Moan !!!


    Love that movie.

    I'll add A Serious Man. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite Coen Brothers movie.
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm
  • You know what pisses me off? There were no more Remo Williams movies, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATES "The Adventure Begins". I was so amped for a string of really bad, cold war propaganda, B-rate action films.

    No one's mentioned Big Trouble Little China yet?

    Wall-E and Apocolypto stand as the two best films made in a decade, IMO.

    Hurt Locker's up there. Gone Baby Gone can never have enough said about it.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:42 pm
  • Hurt Locker won Best Picture at the Oscars. I think that disqualifies it as underrated.

    Gone Baby Gone I agree with 100%. Wall-E was great.
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm
  • pehawk wrote:You know what pisses me off? There were no more Remo Williams movies, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATES "The Adventure Begins". I was so amped for a string of really bad, cold war propaganda, B-rate action films.

    No one's mentioned Big Trouble Little China yet?

    Wall-E and Apocolypto stand as the two best films made in a decade, IMO.

    Hurt Locker's up there. Gone Baby Gone can never have enough said about it.


    I thought about BTILC, but I'm not sure it's really overrated. I don't know of anyone who doesn't love it.
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?


    Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm
  • Pans Labrynth?

    Ghost World (not teh Pitt/Bassinger one)
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:00 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Pans Labrynth?

    Ghost World (not teh Pitt/Bassinger one)


    Both. Ghost world is a fantastic movie. Thora Birch can't act, but it kinda works in this one. Buscemi - as usual - hold the entire thing together.
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm
  • Image
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm
  • Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favorites.
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Damn straight on Birch NOT being an actress. But, it fit the role so well, it was perfect. I'm too lazy to look it up, but whom ever directed that deserves props.
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Image


    HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

    My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Damn straight on Birch NOT being an actress. But, it fit the role so well, it was perfect. I'm too lazy to look it up, but whom ever directed that deserves props.


    The internets say it was Terry Zwigoff. Same guy who directed 'Crumb' a fantastic documentary about the life and works of R crumb, adult comis book artist.

    And also Bad Santa...oddly enough...
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm
  • Love Crumb.

    Devil and Daniel Johnston
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:16 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Image


    HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

    My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."


    "everybody make happy... make everybody happy... be a comedian."
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:18 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Image


    HA! I've seen this! It's about the amateur filmmaker making a movie called "Northwestern".

    My favorite part is where he has the old guy, hauntingly, say "It's alright....it's ok....there's something to live for....Jesus told me so...."


    "everybody make happy... make everybody happy... be a comedian."


    YES!!! I love you guys!!!
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?


    Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


    Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 28537
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm
  • This one's a good one:

    Image
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?


    Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


    Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


    How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?


    Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


    Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


    How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Yeah, but Hurt Locker was also the lowest grossing Best Picture nom or winner of all-time. It's underrated, IMO.

    So, yeah Zeb, what now?


    Well I guess then... it comes to fisticuffs. I'd so hoped to avoid this.


    Don't worry, Zeb; Pehawk's wrong. Hurt Locker's not underrated. Unless Pehawk doesn't know the definition of the word. However, half the people in this thread have mentioned at least one film that is way too popular to be underrated, so...


    How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 13696
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm
  • When it won, it's all anybody could talk about. Maybe it's the most underrated Best Picture winner of all time, but as far as being a good movie, it got the accolades it deserved.
    Image
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 16912
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:12 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    pehawk wrote:You know what pisses me off? There were no more Remo Williams movies, EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY STATES "The Adventure Begins". I was so amped for a string of really bad, cold war propaganda, B-rate action films.

    No one's mentioned Big Trouble Little China yet?

    Wall-E and Apocolypto stand as the two best films made in a decade, IMO.

    Hurt Locker's up there. Gone Baby Gone can never have enough said about it.


    I thought about BTILC, but I'm not sure it's really overrated. I don't know of anyone who doesn't love it.



    Love Remo, Big Trouble and Gone Baby. Good movies.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3407
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:08 pm
  • Most underrated movie ever, Rubber.
    SalishHawkFan wrote:My name is Russell Wilson. You intercepted 4 of my passes. Prepare to die.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4465
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:14 pm
  • Awfully hard to call a movie that won an oscar for best picture underrated but: The Departed.

    Great, great, great movie, imo. And unlike a lot of great movie's its also really entertaining. I dont think it gets enough love from movie fans as it deserves. Should be right up there with the all time greats.

    I know its appreciated, but it should be one of the all time classics, which makes it underrated.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19531
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm
  • pehawk wrote:How can the least seen Best Picture winner, EVER, NOT be considered underrated?


    I don't know, do you consider a Pagani Zonda sports car underrated because only a handful of people own one compared to 911 Turbos or Ferraris? Sales aren't really related to whether something is underrated or overrated, it's about how many people know about it and like it/think it's great.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 28537
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm
  • Not even close to being a fair comparison, Roland. First of all, the Zonda was limited production. It would be the equivalent of Hurt Locker only being shown in like 100 theaters nationwide. Also, the Zonda is a lot more costly than a 911 turbo and a lot of Ferarris. Make an apples to apples comparison next time, arsebag.
    JFT96
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 12577
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: Underrated Movies
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:17 pm
  • Oh, for Christ's sake; then Rolls Royces compared to 911s, whatever.

    <random easily available but super expensive sports car that sells far fewer models each year than Porsche does>

    Does that work for you? Also, no need to resort to name-calling in the lounge.

    Also, price was also an intentional point. Porsche brings in a ton more money than Pagani does as a company. How about Lotus, then? Cheaper cars AND way less annual income for the company than Porsche. Similar to the way less viewers/money angle Pe brought up for Hurt Locker.

    Jesus.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 28537
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am
  • God Bless America
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1691
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am
  • Why are they arguing over criteria?
    Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

    Lord...
    Journalism is dead, it's been replaced by creative writing.
    Critical thinking is pretty much dead too. I miss the hearsay rule.

    "Yes, I was expecting the ball" -- Marshawn Lynch
    "We will see." -- Rocket (3/10/15) &6/25/15
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1890
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am
  • Rocket wrote:Why are they arguing over criteria?
    Movies are (literally) in the eyes of the beholder.

    Lord...


    These gals will bicker over everything.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9499
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Last Action Hero. (Arnold Schwarzenegger, campy action-comedy that I really enjoy.)

    Def one of my favorites.

    The Long Kiss Goodnight (Geena Davis)
    Top Secret (Val Kilmer)
    The Score (Ed Norton, Robert DeNiro)
    The Professional (Jean Reno)
    Ronin (Robert DeNiro, Jean Reno)


    Yes! Top Secret! There's a lot of people out there who don't know that movie. That's a classic! One of my favorite comedies.

    Neek!!!
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    User avatar
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1417
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:59 am
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
    12 monkeys
    Gross pointe blank
    Deadman


    Most people haven't seen Dead Man, and it's a damn shame.


    Great movie and the soundtrack was AMAZING......and I am about as far from a Neil Young fan as you can possibly be. Plus Gibby Haynes and Iggy Pop have cameos!


    The scene with Billy Bob Thornton talking about the sun going out cracked me up. And if we're talking about Jarmusch, how about Broken Flowers?
    Super Bowl Champions XLVIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 16763
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Underrated Movies
Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm
  • Life of Pi. Even though Ang won best director, this movie was underhyped and is a very enjoyable movie.
    < "The Seahawks Drafted Aliens"
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 27575
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Next


It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests