Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:13 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Caprica City, Caprica
Poutine is one of those foods I just gotta have every so often. Its the food of the gods. So I supposr Canafians are gods? I wouldnt go so far as calling it ambrosia because instead of imparting immortality upon eating it but more like shortening your life span. When ever my friends from from sf visit their first stop is to buy bags of cheese curds to take home and freeze so they can make there own poutines.

Shy

_________________
Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8621
Location: PNW
ShyCheetah wrote:
Poutine is one of those foods I just gotta have every so often. Its the food of the gods. So I supposr Canafians are gods? I wouldnt go so far as calling it ambrosia because instead of imparting immortality upon eating it but more like shortening your life span. When ever my friends from from sf visit their first stop is to buy bags of cheese curds to take home and freeze so they can make there own poutines.

Shy


When I hit White Rock/Surrey, I always hit Moby Dicks for fish and poutine, and bring home some of your delicious Sour Cream & Bacon Ruffles. I wish I could find those in the states, they are absolute goodness. Where would you suggest going for poutine in that neck of the woods? Any good seafood places you suggest?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:48 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Caprica City, Caprica
I'm not familliar with white rock but I havnt found a good poutine in Surrey, where I live. The best poutine I found near me is in New Westminster at Cockney Kings fish and chips. $5 and its meal sized. If u get take out ask to get the gravy n cheese "the stuff" in a cup so u can mix it before u eat it. It gets soggy and gross otherwise. My favorite is Fritz down town but its kinda expensive now. If one is truley feening White Spot has a fairly adequate poutine, fries are good but the gravy is not that great. My favorite burgers are there too so it makes the poutine passable. There are White Spots every where, its like Red Robins. Ill have to try Mobey Dicks, sounds promising. I'm not really into seafood but White Rock has tons of great places so I'm told.

Shy

_________________
Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
I'm enjoying my poutine right now.....

Wow, heaven. It was worth fighting the crowd around that truck and the wait.

Totally worth it.

Also how do you pronounce it? I thought it was 'poo - teen' but the guy at Skillet pronounced it 'poo - tin'?

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Last edited by twisted_steel2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
Posts: 783
Location: Scotland
Throwdown wrote:
Wow... I got some of that in my fridge, and had no idea what the hell it was.


Sorry, but since nobody else wants to ask, I need to.

How can you have food in your fridgd and not know what it is?

Did you buy the fridge fully stocked with random food? Does your neighbourhood suffer from very odd break ins? Are alien abductions getting weirder? Or did your partner buy it and you have not yet reached the stage of a relationship where you can talk about what's in the fridge?

Please, I would love to know.

_________________
Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
cdallan wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Wow... I got some of that in my fridge, and had no idea what the hell it was.


Sorry, but since nobody else wants to ask, I need to.

How can you have food in your fridgd and not know what it is?

Did you buy the fridge fully stocked with random food? Does your neighbourhood suffer from very odd break ins? Are alien abductions getting weirder? Or did your partner buy it and you have not yet reached the stage of a relationship where you can talk about what's in the fridge?

Please, I would love to know.


Maybe he has roommates or family members that live there and use the fridge too?

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:08 am
Posts: 783
Location: Scotland
I know, but that would be boring and not funny. I have my fingers crossed that it is something more exciting than that.

If that is the explanation, he needs to stop taking all the credit for the fridge by calling it "my fridge".

_________________
Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Also how do you pronounce it? I thought it was 'poo - teen' but the guy at Skillet pronounced it 'poo - tin'?


Um, 'poo-tin' as in Vladimir Vladimirovich? I've always heard it pronounced 'poo-teen'.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 341
Location: Caprica City, Caprica
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Also how do its ou pronounce it? I thought it was 'poo - teen' but the guy at Skillet pronounced it 'poo - tin'?


Um, 'poo-tin' as in Vladimir Vladimirovich? I've always heard it pryonounced 'poo-teen'.


"Puh-tin" or "poo-tin" (u have to sound french to say it so its something in between those two) is the french/eastern and I assume correct way to say it. In Vancouver we use the other I assume bastardized pronounsiation. Lol

Shy.

_________________
Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:00 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22912
Location: Kirkland, WA
"Poo-tin" is the supposedly legitimate pronunciation, but it sure sounds stupid.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:06 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17587
Location: The beautiful PNW
ShyCheetah wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
Also how do its ou pronounce it? I thought it was 'poo - teen' but the guy at Skillet pronounced it 'poo - tin'?


Um, 'poo-tin' as in Vladimir Vladimirovich? I've always heard it pryonounced 'poo-teen'.


"Puh-tin" or "poo-tin" (u have to sound french to say it so its something in between those two) is the french/eastern and I assume correct way to say it. In Vancouver we use the other I assume bastardized pronounsiation. Lol

Shy.


Interestingly enough, I first discovered poutine in Montreal.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
However you say it, it was delicious, and filling. Wanted to take a nap afterwards!

Thank you Canada.

My wife wants me to take her to the diner they have up on Capital Hill this weekend, hello burger with bacon jam!! :)

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:04 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17537
Location: Graham, WA
twisted_steel2 wrote:
cdallan wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Wow... I got some of that in my fridge, and had no idea what the hell it was.


Sorry, but since nobody else wants to ask, I need to.

How can you have food in your fridgd and not know what it is?

Did you buy the fridge fully stocked with random food? Does your neighbourhood suffer from very odd break ins? Are alien abductions getting weirder? Or did your partner buy it and you have not yet reached the stage of a relationship where you can talk about what's in the fridge?

Please, I would love to know.


Maybe he has roommates or family members that live there and use the fridge too?


Boom!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
Posts: 5089
Location: South End
I didn't even eat dinner last night, was full all the way to this morning. Stuff is filling!

_________________
"We ran into a buzz saw," - John Fox, Super Bowl XLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11108
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
As the self appointed Prime Minister of Poutine, I approve of this thread.

BTW, Fritz's on Davie St. in Van FTW. Dunn's is always good too. :)

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Poutine?
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 6190
Let's go to the club and try to pick up some poutine.

_________________
SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blitzer88, MANUNITED23 and 2 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.