Firefox/Chrome User and you HATE Commercials?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • I'm usually behind the times a bit when it comes this stuff but I imagine I can't be the only one that has grown sick and tired of having to endure those 5-to-30+ seconds of commercials you are forced to watch before watching the video you want to watch whether it's CNN, YouTube or any other site with videos. There's a free add-on that maybe some of you don't know about.

Yes, it's free. No catches. It removes every commercial before any video. Every. One.

Firefox Users:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lock-plus/

Chrome Users:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fddb?hl=en

I installed mine (no re-start needed, took all of two seconds to install) and instantly went to CNN and clicked on a random video (each one ALWAYS has a 30 second commercial you are forced to sit through to get to the video) and the commercial was no more. Gone.

I almost fainted.

Yes, I get that for some of you this is old hat, but to me, and all the other folks like me who have been chewing glass at the time lost enduring commercials...

You're welcome. :)

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Adblock Plus is a great plug-in, but it can occasionally block legitimate content that isn't advertising; so you may have to turn it off from time to time to get something to load.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Adblock Plus is a great plug-in, but it can occasionally block legitimate content that isn't advertising; so you may have to turn it off from time to time to get something to load.

Yup, also if you watch someone who is privately streaming content then you should turn it off in order to support them. Some people use only the revenue from the stream ads to live, so if you like the content they provide, turn it off while watching them.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

• And THANK YOU for that Todd !!!!!!
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information