Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:18 pm
  • J, Utah's definitely got a lot of beauty; but much of the southwest also has a fair bit of that, too. Rain forest, mountains, (including the spot that gets more annual snowfall than any other place on Earth; Mount Rainier) desert, ocean, hot springs, and a moderate climate in a major urban area; no other place in the country has all of these things.

    I'm not saying Washington is the best state in the country. It's not. However, I am saying it's the most scenic. It's got the largest variety of scenery, and that part's not even debatable. Name another state with as many different major scenic areas.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 pm
  • California rivals Washington for scenic beauty for sure.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24398
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I already had all the visual proof I needed that Oklahoma sucks years ago. Just look at it.

    Image


    Looks like eastern washington without mountains in the distance
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2536
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:31 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:California rivals Washington for scenic beauty for sure.


    When the sun is out Seattle and western Wa. is by far the most scenic place in the U.S. Unfortunately that's only half the time. Smog excludes SoCal from the conversation.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote: Rain forest, mountains, desert, ocean, hot springs, and a moderate climate in a major urban area; no other place in the country has all of these things.


    Oregon's got all those things.

    I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

    Apparently there's also small area's of rain forest in the southern Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18620
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

    Apparently there's also small area's of rain forest in the southern Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.


    That's because WA state is the only place that has real rain forest in the U.S. An urban block-sized piece here or there doesn't count. Ignoring the "forest" part of "rain forest" to get by on a technicality is rubbish. It's like how Seattlites call what happens here during the winter "rain". It's not rain, it's misting the vast majority of the time, occasionally reaching "light rain" status, and once in a great while, warranting being called actual "rain".

    You remind me of some of the people I knew in Wisconsin. They thought they had some mountains there, in the state of Wisconsin; because some places were called "Mount so-and-so", and actually managed to get higher than 50 feet above street level in Milwaukee or Madison. That doesn't turn your little wannabe mole hill into a mountain, even if it might meet some obscure technical definition for one. :)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I wasnt certain about Rain Forest, because I have always heard that the Olympic Peninsula is the only rain forest in the U.S. but apparently thats just you Washingtonian's spreading misinformation. Internet research shows that Washington, Oregon, and Northern California all have Temperate rain forest.

    Apparently there's also small area's of rain forest in the southern Appalachian mountains in North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.


    You remind me of some of the people I knew in Wisconsin. They thought they had some mountains there, in the state of Wisconsin; because some places were called "Mount so-and-so", and actually managed to get higher than 50 feet above street level in Milwaukee or Madison. That doesn't turn your little wannabe mole hill into a mountain, even if it might meet some obscure technical definition for one. :)


    Whatevs...
    Image
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18620
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • J, meet Cascade Mountain, one of Wisconsin's premier skiing places. I'm 100% serious, here's their website: http://www.cascademountain.com/

    Here it is. No, this isn't a trick, or a joke; this little mosquito-bump of a hill is "Cascade Mountain", 30 minutes from Madison. I've driven by it a hundred times in my life, and every single time, I've exhibited a laugh, snort, smirk, or giggle, depending on the circumstances. This is the definition of a "ski resort" for Wisconsinites.

    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:J, meet Cascade Mountain, one of Wisconsin's premier skiing places. I'm 100% serious, here's their website: http://www.cascademountain.com/

    Here it is. No, this isn't a trick, or a joke; this little mosquito-bump of a hill is "Cascade Mountain", 30 minutes from Madison. I've driven by it a hundred times in my life, and every single time, I've exhibited a laugh, snort, smirk, or giggle, depending on the circumstances. This is the definition of a "ski resort" for Wisconsinites.

    Image


    Last time I was back in Wisconsin, I saw the sign for this while my wife and I were driving to Watertown to my grandparents, and I made the
    mistake of looking up 5 degrees. Needless to say I missed it.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15475
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 pm
  • Sarlacc, I'm truly and honestly sorry that you have to visit Wisconsin to see family.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm
  • Hell, you should see "Mt." Scott here, it makes me laugh.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Sarlacc, I'm truly and honestly sorry that you have to visit Wisconsin to see family.


    Bet it makes you cringe to find out that I have to go back for a week this year to show my kid off to multiple sets of grandparents. Great way to spend my vacation time and a couple thousand dollars. :179419: (except, in this case, that's not a whistle.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15475
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm
  • Tell those country bumpkins to retire to the northwest if they want to see their grandkid(s).
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26456
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.seahawks.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1010

    That's the best proof we have


    Think you're funny, don't you?
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 11041
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm
  • Image
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    User avatar
    KPA
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 202
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:38 am
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    AbsolutNET wrote:http://www.seahawks.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1010

    That's the best proof we have


    Think you're funny, don't you?


    I chuckled.

    Arizona & Montana >>>> Washington though.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19228
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:43 pm
  • I'm not sure if its Oklahoma sucks or the fact that Texas blows.

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Visual proof that Oklahoma sucks....
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:38 pm
  • I lived in Bakersfield Ca. which sucks bad and it was mainly because it is the second richest concentration of okies second only to oklahoma. They migrated during the dust bowl, settled and made it suck.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9301
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything




It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests