For Trekkies....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
For Trekkies....
Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 pm
  • Ummm.... da %^&!?

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/ ... the-galaxy

    "They want the third film to be huge, and they want it to be huge overseas especially," says the site. "They look at Rocket and Groot and then they look at Keenser and they wonder why he doesn't have more of a role."

    Keenser, you will recall, was Scotty's cute little alien sidekick in Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.

    Stay tuned for more on Star Trek as we have it...


    Welp, there goes that, huh?
    @ryanadamdavis
    User avatar
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 15446
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:40 am
  • pehawk wrote:Ummm.... da %^&!?

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/16/ ... the-galaxy

    "They want the third film to be huge, and they want it to be huge overseas especially," says the site. "They look at Rocket and Groot and then they look at Keenser and they wonder why he doesn't have more of a role."

    Keenser, you will recall, was Scotty's cute little alien sidekick in Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.

    Stay tuned for more on Star Trek as we have it...


    Welp, there goes that, huh?


    Dammit.
    There was this monkey, right?
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 14817
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Down at the old Milk Plus


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 am
  • Ya...wonderful...they want the alien in the Millenium Falcon to talk more and do more than fly a ship in a roundabout way. Yes that was a simile for those that would ask. Comparing to the one copilot in Return of the Jedi with the newer Star Trek is kinda out of bounds normally but the simile works here. Go Hawks.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5629
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:06 am
  • Great. Lessons from Jar Jar, not remembered.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    User avatar
    Sac
    .NOW with Modership
     
    Posts: 14238
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With your sister


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:08 am
  • Quality will always take a back seat to merchandising and marketing these days. No surprise there.
    Adopt A Rookie: Nick Vannett, TE - Ohio State University
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 8243
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:10 pm
  • It's just how studio executives think, all numbers and archetypes. Not a creative bone in their body.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 13953
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:02 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:Great. Lessons from Jar Jar, not remembered.


    Suggested titles:

    Star Trek: Into Dreckness
    Star Trek: The Search For Simba
    Star Trek: The Trouble With Tweens
    Star Trek: Memory Omega
    Star Trek: Keep Talking, Wesley
    Star Trek: Khan Is A WASPy Briton Now
    Star Trek: Nemesis 2

    I could go on...
    Last edited by Our Man in Chicago on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    User avatar
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1301
    Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:05 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Ya...wonderful...they want the alien in the Millenium Falcon to talk more and do more than fly a ship in a roundabout way. Yes that was a simile for those that would ask. Comparing to the one copilot in Return of the Jedi with the newer Star Trek is kinda out of bounds normally but the simile works here. Go Hawks.


    Ow, man, my nerd flared up something vicious when I realized I knew the name and species of the individual in question.
    User avatar
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1740
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:38 am
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: For Trekkies....
Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm
  • TravTex wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:Ya...wonderful...they want the alien in the Millenium Falcon to talk more and do more than fly a ship in a roundabout way. Yes that was a simile for those that would ask. Comparing to the one copilot in Return of the Jedi with the newer Star Trek is kinda out of bounds normally but the simile works here. Go Hawks.


    Ow, man, my nerd flared up something vicious when I realized I knew the name and species of the individual in question.


    "I have you now....oh what what ????" I have the series on dvd and it came with the extended version...so I do too when I want to. Sorry buddy...did not mean to hurt ya.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    RLKats..."Scott M. Made the niners good helped build the Hawks a bit (current GM is a bad ass). Quote me." So I did.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5629
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.




It is currently Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests