Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How tall is the average Seahawk? .Netter?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • austinslater25 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:
    austinslater25 wrote:Not everyone lifts because of insecurity. Just throwing that out there.

You're right, women do not. Good catch.

And men who brag about reppin' 225. I think we've got it nailed down.

Houston nice lift by the way!

Yeah...250 at 150 is huge.

I've got this Filipino kid that comes over to train with us once in a while. He's a Jiu Jitsu guy but wants to learn LimaLama and Muay Thai ( contemplating MMA). The kid is an absolute freak. At 140 he's benching "over 300". He didn't say how much over and it doesn't much matter. lol. Nicest kid in the world. I encouraged him to enter some local contests and he said "Naw, there's a lot of guys out there stronger than me". Sure...but they don't weigh 140 lbs. The wife suspects he's juicing but I don't see that in him at all.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:5'9", bastards....

I swear, sometimes, Ryan makes me feel redundant. First political debates, now this.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 6' 4". Sucks being tall nowadays. I have to LOL at internet posters bitching about the abundance of large vehicles and the people that drive them. Must be nice to squeeze your 5'6" frame in to most cars sand have the balls / arrogance to ignore the physical difference between themselves and others. Took one of my co workers and his wife to a concert in my wife's 2014 GMC Yukon XL. His 5'8 frame" disappeared in the passengers seat and his much shorter wife wasn't visible in the rear view mirror. My head was hard up against the headliner. My work buddy who has the mentality I mentioned above grilled me when I told him what I bought my wife. Then we went on the road trip and he was like "dam, this vehicle is big but you still don't fit". I laughed it off and tossed out something along the lines of what do you think NBA players are up against.

I used to like being tall, especially when I lived in California. Californians are much shorter than Washingtonians. Then I realized everything was made to accommodate short people. Still remember going to Disneyland on my Senior trip in HS. I hated most of the rides because I didn't fit the seats and knee bars. Space Mountain was the worst. Took my kids there a couple of years ago and Space Mountain reaffirmed my opinions of Disney Land. Hated even more, especially considering my 7 YO was riding shotgun. Short people have no idea how the world is designed around them.

From a semi tall person, you short people have it made. Houses, cars, almost all clothing is made for you. Try finding a pair of Levi 38x34 jeans (that was several years ago, much more square now), or better yet, a mid size vehicle that you can fit in. I have a 2014 Chevy HD work truck that is catered to short people. I have to contort myself to get in to this thing. My personnel rig is a 2003 Chevy HD that I have no problem entering.

Short people need to shut the F up. The only clear advantage tall people have is a much larger ....yea, ...., and women know it. Probably gets us in more trouble than it's worth.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

• irocdave wrote:6' 4". Sucks being tall nowadays. I have to LOL at internet posters bitching about the abundance of large vehicles and the people that drive them. Must be nice to squeeze your 5'6" frame in to most cars sand have the balls / arrogance to ignore the physical difference between themselves and others. Took one of my co workers and his wife to a concert in my wife's 2014 GMC Yukon XL. His 5'8 frame" disappeared in the passengers seat and his much shorter wife wasn't visible in the rear view mirror. My head was hard up against the headliner. My work buddy who has the mentality I mentioned above grilled me when I told him what I bought my wife. Then we went on the road trip and he was like "dam, this vehicle is big but you still don't fit". I laughed it off and tossed out something along the lines of what do you think NBA players are up against.

I used to like being tall, especially when I lived in California. Californians are much shorter than Washingtonians. Then I realized everything was made to accommodate short people. Still remember going to Disneyland on my Senior trip in HS. I hated most of the rides because I didn't fit the seats and knee bars. Space Mountain was the worst. Took my kids there a couple of years ago and Space Mountain reaffirmed my opinions of Disney Land. Hated even more, especially considering my 7 YO was riding shotgun. Short people have no idea how the world is designed around them.

From a semi tall person, you short people have it made. Houses, cars, almost all clothing is made for you. Try finding a pair of Levi 38x34 jeans (that was several years ago, much more square now), or better yet, a mid size vehicle that you can fit in. I have a 2014 Chevy HD work truck that is catered to short people. I have to contort myself to get in to this thing. My personnel rig is a 2003 Chevy HD that I have no problem entering.

Short people need to shut the F up. The only clear advantage tall people have is a much larger ....yea, ...., and women know it. Probably gets us in more trouble than it's worth.

You know...I was just thinking today that I am lucky to not be so tall that it's a pain in the ass but not too short to where people see me as a short guy. 5'11" and 1/2 is perfect.

Reading your post affirms this thought.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• irocdave wrote:6' 4". Sucks being tall nowadays. I have to LOL at internet posters bitching about the abundance of large vehicles and the people that drive them. Must be nice to squeeze your 5'6" frame in to most cars sand have the balls / arrogance to ignore the physical difference between themselves and others. Took one of my co workers and his wife to a concert in my wife's 2014 GMC Yukon XL. His 5'8 frame" disappeared in the passengers seat and his much shorter wife wasn't visible in the rear view mirror. My head was hard up against the headliner. My work buddy who has the mentality I mentioned above grilled me when I told him what I bought my wife. Then we went on the road trip and he was like "dam, this vehicle is big but you still don't fit". I laughed it off and tossed out something along the lines of what do you think NBA players are up against.

This is a GREAT post! As mentioned, I'm nearly 6'7" and as you said, the world is not made for us. And the one thing you forgot to talk about is airplanes. Flying coach is simply and utterly brutal. Even a 2 hour flight to Vegas from PDX is misery by the time I arrive.

Two other advantages we have outside of that size thing ( :D )..............
    One, we can reach shit that's up high real easily (top shelves in grocery stores, high cupboards, etc.).
    Two (and most importantly to me), the view at a concert is always good and always unobstructed if necessary. I tend to be polite to the people behind me and do things like sit on the chair back which makes me the same general height as those around me that are standing. But, if the guy behind me is a dick or if it's a song I really dig with maybe a killer guitar solo, I'm up to my full 6'7" and seein' it all babeeee!!

fenderbender123 wrote:You know...I was just thinking today that I am lucky to not be so tall that it's a pain in the ass but not too short to where people see me as a short guy. 5'11" and 1/2 is perfect.

Reading your post affirms this thought.

Trust me bender, you are better off for day to day living. I have always said I'd love to be 6' or 6'1" so there you go.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I am also 6'7". Airplanes suck, my lifetime love of small import two seater MG style convertibles sucks, old pre-WWII cars suck, buying clothes sucks, low ceilings suck, having to pay for an extra 2 drinks to intoxicate this big dumb animal sucks, and likely dying early just like a Great Dane SUCKS.
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

• I'm 6'5" but truly closer to 6'6". I say 6'5" because it doesn't sound quite as freakish.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

• 5'3 and 284 pounds, but to be fair 2 pounds of that is from my goiter
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• 6'3", 249lb. and rock solid under all this flab...
    He mimed pooping the football.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    NorCalHawk12
    NET Veteran

• NorCalHawk12 wrote:6'3", 249lb. and rock solid under all this flab...

What's your vertical leap and your 40 time?

Deciding if I wanna play you at safety or fullback.
    :les: Remembering "The Radish"...
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 6'4" 225 of pure chocolate.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• If you're 6'4 is your girlfriend 6'4 as well? I'm confused?

This thread is like asking a high school kid how much he benches.....or a seahawks.net board member.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• SacHawk2.0 wrote:6'4" 225 of pure chocolate.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or that nasty unsweetended cooking powdered chocolate you wasted a glass of milk trying to make a glass of Quik out of when you were little?
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:6'4" 225 of pure chocolate.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or that nasty unsweetended cooking powdered chocolate you wasted a glass of milk trying to make a glass of Quik out of when you were little?

He's more like swiss miss with those crappy marshmallows, except there is no chocolate powder.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• I lift my 112 pound wife up and down and up and down.

I do a LOT of reps.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SonicHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:

He's more like swiss miss with those crappy marshmallows, except there is no chocolate powder.

In that case..........not black enough. Gotta be dark chocolate to be black enough.

:mrgreen:
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• 5'8", 203lbs of matured blubber. (Of course I'm still taller than pe.) :thirishdrinkers:
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• 5'9".......... 6'5" with the fro. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SonicHawk wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:

...and no marshmallows. :mrgreen:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:5'9".......... 6'5" with the fro. 8)

Or you Fletch or something? :mrgreen:
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• LymonHawk wrote:5'8", 203lbs of matured blubber. (Of course I'm still taller than pe.) :thirishdrinkers:

Incorrect. 5'9", 175#'s, 6 pack is gone though, sadly. I was the white Tyrese, now more the white Will Smith.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Largent80 wrote:I lift my 112 pound wife up and down and up and down.

I do a LOT of reps.

You married to Montana?

And how did Sac get away with the term 'chocolate' in a thread monitored by Pe? I guess he now condones racism...
    "I knocked you on your ass tho, that's all I'm sayin'. And imma do it again! Imma continue to do it. Imma do it again, Imma do it again and again!" Kam Chancellor.
    SomersetHawk
    NET Veteran

• austinslater25 wrote:If you're 6'4 is your girlfriend 6'4 as well? I'm confused?

This thread is like asking a high school kid how much he benches.....or a seahawks.net board member.

Song lyrics, bro. The Chronic 2001.
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:5'9".......... 6'5" with the fro. 8)

Or you Fletch or something? :mrgreen:

Napoleon Dynamite.
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• pehawk wrote:
    LymonHawk wrote:5'8", 203lbs of matured blubber. (Of course I'm still taller than pe.) :thirishdrinkers:

Incorrect. 5'9", 175#'s, 6 pack is gone though, sadly. I was the white Tyrese, now more the white Will Smith.

5'9"? In heels maybe! (Remember the pic from Pithy's BBQ?) :mrgreen:

I also no longer have a six pack...I've got the whole damned keg!
    Last edited by LymonHawk on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• I'm a 5'0" munchkin, and as of this morning 139.5 lbs. :)
    I am an American Football Noobie... Please be gentle!! :-)
    I'M IN AND I BELIEVE!
    LyndseyG
    NET Rookie

• <--- 5'7" 168lbs
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• djTOY2000 wrote:<--- 5'7" 168lbs

Geez dude, where have you been?
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran