Streaming music

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Streaming music
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:18 am
  • Okay, I've got a bazzilion songs on my phone and many many albums, problem is I hate creating playlist but like variety...so time has come today to start streaming music.

I've briefly used spotify over the years. Today I chose iheart app, so far so good, I dialed into a rock station in Philly, sound alright.

Aaaand, I didn't need to pay or register (I really hate all that sh**)

Any suggestions for this streaming newbie?
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Re: Streaming music
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 am

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:33 pm
  • I pay for Spotify and it's worth every penny.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:39 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:I pay for Spotify and it's worth every penny.

This 100x over again as well. Spotify really is the way to go IMO when it comes to services like it. Pandora is cool when you're not really looking for any specific but it's got nothing on Spotify.

Beats Music has cool ideas but over all just meh, I'm not trying to hear early 80's hip hop when Im at work trying to keep my mind busy so the time flies.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:06 pm
  • I use both Spotify and Pandora and have no real complaints for what I use them for.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 pm
  • I pay for Pandora. It isn't bad. Had spotify for a little bit but I like discovering new music and am hardly ever looking for anything specific. I have soundcloud and youtube if i want to listen to a particular artist or song
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:19 pm
  • Pay for Spotify and love it. Discovered lots of new music and has full catalogues for a lot of the major artists, with the exception of the beatles.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:07 pm
  • I've been really impressed with Spotify, I normally listen to vinyl with my vintage setup, or music on my phone.

But I recently bought an adequate DAC and have been streaming Spotify through my laptop/stereo, like 1970's era gear, and it sounds really good. Was impressed.

This site looks interesting, curious to try it. See if I can hear any big improvement.

http://tidalhifi.com/us
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:59 pm
  • Count me in as another Spotify fan. I pay for premium and it's fantastic. I really can't recommend it enough.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:38 am
  • Pandora and Spottily are both awesome. If you have SiriusXM, you can pay like an extra 4 bucks for an upgrade and stream previous radio broadcasts. Love listening to Octane replays.
    seaky12
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information