Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seattle has some great poutine

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Seattle has some great poutine
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm
  • Here are some of the best spots for polishing off a plate of poutine in the Emerald City.

The Angry Beaver. It’s no surprise that there’s some great poutine at The Angry Beaver, Seattle’s only Canadian-themed bar. Located in the Greenwood neighborhood, it’s the perfect place to eat poutine and watch hockey, eh? The Angry Beaver makes homemade hand-cut fries and gravy; and they take their poutine so seriously you can order a flight of it, with your choice of beef, curry, mushroom or turkey gravy. And, of course, you have to wash it all down with a Caesar, Canada’s national cocktail made with vodka, Clamato juice, Worcestershire, celery salt and Tabasco.

Young American Ale House. This Ballard gastropub uses both Beecher's cheese curds (you'll start to notice a trend here) and gruyere cheese in it's delicious version of poutine. There's then mushroom gravy slathered over french fries fried in beef fat. Everything is organic and you can even request a vegetarian version if you'd like. This restaurant from James Beard Award-winning chef Maria Hines keeps David Bowie songs stuck in your head while filling your tummy fully of gravy. What could be better?

Burgundian. Named after patrons of the arts in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries, Burgundian offers several decadent dishes that are definitely synonymous with “a taste for the good life.” The poutine at Burgundian is absolute perfection. Made with crispy frites, oxtail gravy, cheese curds and herbs, it’s one of the best spots for the classic Quebec dish. Watch their brunch menu because sometimes they surprise guests with breakfast poutine made with frites, sausage gravy, cheddar cheese curds and sunny-up eggs!

Local 360. If you’re going for a slightly classier poutine experience, try the plate at Local 360. Made with smoked brisket gravy, Beecher’s cheese curds, and pickled peppers, this poutine is absolutely divine. I pair it with a glass of prosecco and forget that calories even exist.

Smith. What’s better than a big plate of poutine on a rainy Saturday afternoon? A big plate of poutine piled high with smoked brisket, that’s what! This Capitol Hill favorite offers a classic version of poutine loaded with extra meat. Wear your stretchy pants, this one is a doozy.

http://seattlerefined.com/eat-drink/mov ... at-poutine
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Re: Seattle has some great poutine
Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:42 pm
  • Holy poutine obsession, Batman!

I'll have to try one of them out, but for me, poutine's tasty but hardly anything world-changing, IMO.

P.S., I reserve the right to put on a kevlar vest prior to Canhawk attempting to shoot me for this perceived blasphemy.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:19 am
  • Poutine is the only criterion necessary for making a trip to Canada. That stuff is like crack! :irishdrinkers:
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:52 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Poutine is the only criterion necessary for making a trip to Canada. That stuff is like crack! :irishdrinkers:

So they have Poutine houses???? :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information