Trip to Seattle in october!

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Trip to Seattle in october!
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 am
  • Hi guys,

Som of you may know me, even if I don't post on a daily basis. I'm a 25 french Seahawks fan for almost 10 years now. Nearly 25yo actually, because my birthday is coming in May (6th). Why am I saying this? Because my -awesome- GF is offering me a trip to Seattle as a present. 6 years that she has to handle crazy sunday night when I watch our boys until 6 am (to wake up 2 hours later)...

Anyway I'll be in Seattle around the 12th of october. Thanks to the fresh new schedule I know that we'll be hosting the Cowboys and I need your help guys to find 2 tickets for this game!!!!

I'd enjoy some tips about the city too like cool place to eat, sleep... "Must-see" places around the Seattle area... And, of course, I'll be glad to offer a beer to any .NET member I could meet during my time in your city!

:thirishdrinkers:
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Re: Trip to Seattle in october!
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm
  • Watch for the on sale date from Ticketmaster. If you cannot get tickets when they go on sale (they sell out within minutes). You can try stubhub.com or the ticket exchange through ticketmaster. I do believe that everybody still meets up at Temple Billiards on game day.

"You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 am
  • Ok thank you KINGGRUMPY ;)

I'll do what I need to do to buy tickets and I'll try to hang around Temple Billiards on gameday even if I don't know anyone lol.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:02 am
  • There is some tickets on stubhub.com but nothing on ticketmaster. Does this mean that the Dallas game is already soldout?
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:23 am
  • http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69790

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69382

Lots of good stuff in those 2 threads, places to see, and eat. Enjoy your visit!

PS Remember to bring a good rain jacket with a hood, have some layers with you. October is when the rain starts a bit, but normally its not too cold yet, in the 50's average. Actually not a bad time to visit.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 am
  • Every game is pretty much sold out. You can try to buy single game tickets when they are released but I wouldnt count on it.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:48 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Every game is pretty much sold out. You can try to buy single game tickets when they are released but I wouldnt count on it.

Yeah, to buy single game tickets when they go on sale you can't be choosy and have to take what you get. Being that you are coming for one specific game, you are going to have to pay a premium.

"You hear a little girl Frankie?"
    KINGGRUMPY
    ** SSGT GRUMPY ** USAF BadAss

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm
  • Prepare for the loudest place you've ever been, and don't plan on sitting during the game action.

If you plan on renting a car I suggest the EMP/Space Needle (they are within walking distance of each other), Boeing's Museum of flight, a tour of the baseball park Safeco Field which is just across the street for C-link where the Hawks play, and since the Mariners won't be playing in October you can take a daily tour, and if you are in town for a few days before or after try a C-link tour. Also Pike Place Market (where they thrown the fish).

Also might want to take a ferry ride across the sound.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:16 am
  • Thank you guys for all of these usefull tips. I'll pay the price I need for a good spot because it may be the only game of my life that I'll watch in Clink. I'm great rugby and soccer fan here in Europe and I went to many stadium. I can't wait to compare and witness the world's loudest stadium!!! Btw last question about the game, should I go to the hawk nest if I have the possibility?

About my trip I'll be in Seattle area 3 or 4 days before the game so I'll have plenty of time to visit the city and all the cool places. I don't care about LA, SF or Portland (other cities I should visit) I just want to discover Seattle, this city makes me dream for too many years, I need/deserve to walk through her streets.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:08 pm
  • Coxal wrote: Btw last question about the game, should I go to the hawk nest if I have the possibility?

Do you mean get seats in the Hawks Nest? I've sat up there a couple of times, it can be fun. But remember its bleacher seating, and it's pretty exposed to the elements, if its raining and windy, you'll know it. Last time I was up there, no one sat anyway, and we were all drinking a lot, so the cold didn't bother us much. :thirishdrinkers: Cheaper tickets can be had in that area too.

Personally I like to be on the sides, or corners of the field to see the game that way, versus from the endzones like the Hawks Nest.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon May 05, 2014 12:50 am
  • Ok well since I'll be with my girlfriend, seats in the Hawks Nest may be not the best option! I'll try a corner, thanks for your help guys!!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 am
  • I'd recommend the Crab Pot for dinner. We hit that place every time we go over for a game. It is down by the big Ferris Wheel.

The Hawks Nest is an amazing experience, I have watched two games from there. If u can get them at a decent price, I say do it
    Diezel Dawg
    NET Starter

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:38 am
  • I up this topic because the trip has never been so close! I just can't wait.....! I'll have to go through SF before coming to Seattle (GF rules)... I can't believe i'll go there before Seattle.......

I land in Seattle on thursday 10-9 and i'm leaving tuesday 10-14. I'll have 4 full days to visit the city. Do I need to rent a care or can I be fine with my feet, bus etc... ?

Thanks for your help guys
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:24 pm
  • I'll see you in Temple before the game if you going...

My first game too.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:40 am
  • Of course i'll go to Temple before the game...! I don't how i'll recognize .NET member but whatever i'll be there!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 am
  • If you like great ale, get over to Elysian for the limited Dark O The Moon, quite possibly the best ale on the planet.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 pm
  • I posted some stuff here from my trip to the GreenBay game.
    viewtopic.php?t=96183#p1407456
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 am
  • About renting a car.... I don't know. If it was me, I probably wouldn't.

Stay at a hotel downtown area, so you can walk, cab/Uber, bus, where you want to go.

If you decided 2 or 3 days in you really want a car, go for it. Doubt you really need to reserve a car this far ahead though.

Have fun cdallan and Coxal!
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:17 pm
  • Thanks everyone!! cant wait to be here!!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:25 am
  • :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 am
  • Last question but not least, could you give me some good/safe hotel names around $150 /night?

edit : ok I booked 5 nights at the Hotel Max (downtown) for 140$ /night. Someone knows about this hotel? Anyway it's booked and it's at walking distance to plenty activities!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:45 am
  • I'm telling ya, you should check out the Moore Hotel.
    Not fancy. But good price, clean, comfortable, and very good location.
    Reg room for $90.
    Full suite for $140.
    Here are a couple pix of our suite for the GB game.
    Full kitchen w/dinning area
    Living area
    Very comfy bed in separate bedroom.

My wife is very picky and was well pleased. 140 a night.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 pm
  • I'll be at the game as well. I don't know the area that well, but my friend who lives there does (I hope so at least). Maybe we can all meet up somewhere for a night. I fly in on Friday and leave Monday afternoon.
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:07 am
  • Thank you pmedic920!!

ruffENrowdy i'll be glad to catch you and every .NET member who wants to share a beer :) Temple seems to be the best place to do it but i'm open for anything!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:23 pm
  • Coxal wrote:Last question but not least, could you give me some good/safe hotel names around $150 /night?

edit : ok I booked 5 nights at the Hotel Max (downtown) for 140$ /night. Someone knows about this hotel? Anyway it's booked and it's at walking distance to plenty activities!

Hotel Max is 1 block from my job. Seems like a nice place, always busy, good area.

You're a couple blocks from the Light Rail, monorail and South Lake Union Trolley. Lots of restaurants nearby. Couple malls too.

You should be good.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:56 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Coxal wrote:Last question but not least, could you give me some good/safe hotel names around $150 /night?

Hotel Max is 1 block from my job. Seems like a nice place, always busy, good area.

You're a couple blocks from the Light Rail, monorail and South Lake Union Trolley. Lots of restaurants nearby. Couple malls too.

You should be good.

I haven't stayed there myself, but I've heard good things from friends that have stayed at the Hotel Max before. I have, however, been to the restaurant in the hotel (Miller's Guild), and I was really impressed. If you and your girlfriend are looking to grab a bite to eat or a couple of drinks, I would highly recommend it. Also, while we have many good restaurants and chefs in Seattle, Tom Douglas is probably the most iconic. You'll find a few of his restaurants very close to your hotel:

http://tomdouglas.com/

Have fun during your stay, Coxal!
    Yoonhawk
    * NET Attorney *

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 pm
  • Thank you Yoonhawk i'll check Tom Douglas' restaurants. No doubt i'll enjoy the food and no doubt that i'll enjoy my stay in your city. I just can't wait to be in Clink...!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:14 am
  • I have stayed at the Max. Nice place, and some nights they serve free beer on tap in the lobby.

Since you are at the Max, get an Orca pass. You can use it to take the light rail, it will get you from the airport to just a couple of blocks from the Max for just a few bucks, and your orca pass can be used for the bus system too. The light rail will take you right near C-link as well.

I have found about a dozen good places to eat and drink near the Max. Serious Pie is nearby, the Biscuit Bitch, and happy hour in Seattle is no joke. Great location for your stay.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:01 am
  • I wish to thank you EVERYONE for the help you provided. This board is way more than a simple board...

I can't wait to be here, I can't wait to live a game in our Hawk Nest!!!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information