Don't drink and drive, especially during the holidays

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • 15 years ago tonight (Dec 26th '99) marks the night I almost died at the hands of someone else's stupidity...

...but I miraculously survived

(broken right femur, 2 fractured vertebra, severe concussion, and spent a week in the hospital)

Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Damn...glad you made it out alright. In a little CRX too? Wow
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Glad you survived. Please don't drink and drive folks.
    ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• -The Glove- wrote:Damn...glad you made it out alright. In a little CRX too? Wow

Yep. Dude was drunk with his wife and 2 kids, in a minivan, drifted over the center lane, hit a guard rail, bounced back into my lane and struck me pretty much head on at 60mph-60mph. Luckily the impact was more on the passenger front side of my CRX because It gave me just that little amount of space within my car to not get the full brunt force of a direct head on. Split second later or split second sooner and the outcome would have been drastically different.
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Good advice.
    Had a friend die 25 years ago because of a drunk driver running from the cops on a motorcycle, my friend was driving a big old boat (I think it was a cadallic) got hit by the bike in the door as he was turning left. The bike had some illegal head light that was impossible for others to see. The bike had a passenger on it, and was going about 75mph, both people on the bike died, my friend Dan did as well and his friend in the passenger seat was Really messed up.

It's the reason I don't drink a lot unless I'm at home, some place I can stay, or on vacation. It's not worth the risk to others or myself.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information