Bad news for Samsung Galaxy owners..

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Bad news for Samsung Galaxy owners..
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Bad news for Samsung Galaxy owners..
Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:01 am
  • It never ceases to amaze me on how companies simply don't exhaust every possible angle when it comes to security. I rarely use unsecure wifi spots, and I would urge others to do the same.
    SalishHawkFan wrote:My name is Russell Wilson. You intercepted 4 of my passes. Prepare to die.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:15 am
  • That's pretty funny. OEMs need to stop using customized versions of things like keyboards; or at least, do it through the Play Store, and not your own separate back end like they are in this case.

This is kind of a scare-mongering article though, to be honest. As Okie alluded to, even using any laptop on an insecure/public Wi-Fi hotspot compromises all your data very easily, for example.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 pm
  • I try to keep only my important stuff out there on wifi areas. I keep stupid stuff secure. I think that is what they told me. I have not too much on my kindle fire. I think I shall keep it that way.
    Cats will rule the world...just ask my cat.
    "Unfortunately, common sense is the least common of all the senses..." - Mark Twain
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information