Is this funny or not funny?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Is this funny or not funny?
Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 pm
  • http://www.kptv.com/story/20532464/loca ... ilet-humor

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
    Someone with the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy is targeting Portland stop signs.

The vandal, or vandals, changed at least two stop signs so they say the word "poop."

Obviously it is funny.
    Attachments
    Poop.jpg
    Poop.jpg (35.93 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Re: Is this funny or not funny?
Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm
  • That's funny!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm
  • So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?

Why, you worried? :P

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 pm
  • Why can I poop in only one way? Fascists.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?

Why, you worried? :P

I can neither confirm nor deny having any connection to the person or persons responsible for these acts of vandalism. Just curious. ;)
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 pm
  • I chuckled.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:Why can I poop in only one way? Fascists.

I'm not in any trouble here cause I'm left handed and can poop. But you right handed goys and girls are in a bit of trouble methinks.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:47 am
  • I've never shit in the middle of the road, but I did take a dump in the woods once.

Funny +1
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am
  • It's stupid and puerile.

I love it.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 am
  • I'm all for modifying stop signs for humor. I like ones where someone will put "In the name of love" or "Collaborate and listen" under the word "STOP".
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 am
  • I always find this stuff pretty silly but humorous, but if it is something that happens a lot, it gets pretty expensive when you figure you likely have people being paid union (or at least davis bacon) wages to go out and remove the sign and replace it with a proper one, not to mention the cost of the sign itself. This sort of thing can add up. Personally, working for a company that manufactures these things and sells them, I say vandalize the hell outta 'em, so we can sell more, make more money and continue to give me nice bonus checks at the end of the year :) Up here, we see more signs that are shot up, than vandalized with these types of stickers, and bullet holes just aren't nearly as funny as the OP

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I'm all for modifying stop signs for humor. I like ones where someone will put "In the name of love" or "Collaborate and listen" under the word "STOP".

I've always wanted to add "NOW" onto those "END CONSTRUCTION" signs.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm
  • I saw "your tax dollars at work" changed to "your tax dollars aren't working" at one point, that was pretty good.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm
  • It's always fun to search through google images for funny stop signs. Saw this one before but ran across it again today and thought I'd share...

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm
  • I think it's funny. But I've always liked "immature" humor like that.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm
  • n
    Zebulon Dak wrote:So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?

It is a crime, and as kid pointed out (in his endorsement for more business) it costs real money, paid for by taxpayers like you and I to fix/replace said signs. So, yeah, probably fines, possibly jail time if it gets really big. In this case, it looks pretty juvenal, so if the perp was a juvie the penalty would be somewhat less.

But yeah, it's also kind of funny, though not side splitting funny.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm
  • sutz wrote:n

It is a crime, and as kid pointed out (in his endorsement for more business) it costs real money, paid for by taxpayers like you and I to fix/replace said signs. So, yeah, probably fines, possibly jail time if it gets really big. In this case, it looks pretty juvenal, so if the perp was a juvie the penalty would be somewhat less.

you do know it was a tongue in cheek type endorsement right? I mean as long as we have the spend heavy government we have, I have no reason to need to push for more work, as the government will continue to provide with their more than generous stimulus bills :D

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am
  • Was curious:
    § 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF.

(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:
    (1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property[0] of the owner;
    (2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property[0] of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
    (3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property[0] of the owner.
    (b) Except as provided by Subsections (f) and (h), an offense under this section is:
    (1) a Class C Misdemeanor if:
    (A) the amount of pecuniary loss is less than $50; or
    (B) except as provided in Subdivision (3)(A) or
    (3)(B), it causes substantial inconvenience to others;
    (2) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of pecuniary loss is $50 or more but less than $500;
    (3) a Class A misdemeanor if:
    (A) the amount of pecuniary loss is:
    (i) $500 or more but less than $1,500; or
    (ii) less than $1,500 and the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public gas or power supply, or other public service, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public communications or public gas or power supply; or
    (B) the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of any public water supply, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including
    installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public water supply, regardless of the amount of the pecuniary loss;
    (4) a state jail Felony if the amount of pecuniary loss is:
    (A) $1,500 or more but less than $20,000;
    (B) less than $1,500, if the damaged or destroyed is a habitation and if the damage or is caused by a firearm or explosive weapon
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm
  • sutz wrote:

The things is they're just stickers. They can literally be pulled off with 2 fingers.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:Was curious:

(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property[0] of the owner;
    (2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property[0] of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
    (3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property[0] of the owner.
    (b) Except as provided by Subsections (f) and (h), an offense under this section is:
    (2) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of pecuniary loss is $50 or more but less than $500;
    (ii) less than $1,500 and the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public gas or power supply, or other public service, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public communications or public gas or power supply; or
    (B) the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of any public water supply, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including
    installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public water supply, regardless of the amount of the pecuniary loss;
    (B) less than $1,500, if the damaged or destroyed is a habitation and if the damage or is caused by a firearm or explosive weapon

It's interesting because, like I said, they're just stickers. But I've already seen some instances where instead of just pulling it off they sent somebody out to paint over it, which I'm sure increases the cost. And is really stupid.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Was curious:

It's interesting because, like I said, they're just stickers. But I've already seen some instances where instead of just pulling it off they sent somebody out to paint over it, which I'm sure increases the cost. And is really stupid.

They put Paint on a reflectorized sign to "fix" it? OMG I really don't know what to say to that.....I mean if you want a cheap fix, you can get some reflective sheeting to stick over the sticker or even a small metal plate that you can put over the top using reflective sheeting on that (they do this often on construction signs to adjust the areas that say 500 ft or 1000 ft or whatever). The most cost for this should be paying these guys the union or davis bacon wages they pay these guys to go out and actually do it. Even if you change the whole sign out (leaving the post) half the cost is the employee putting it up. But to use paint literally ruins the reflectivity of the sign making it against federal, state and local highway codes.

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information