Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Post subject: Is this funny or not funny?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:29 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

http://www.kptv.com/story/20532464/loca ... ilet-humor

Quote:
PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
Someone with the sense of humor of a 12-year-old boy is targeting Portland stop signs.

The vandal, or vandals, changed at least two stop signs so they say the word "poop."

Obviously it is funny.

Attachments:
Poop.jpg
Poop.jpg [ 35.93 KiB | Viewed 1613 times ]

Post subject: Re: Is this funny or not funny?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:13 pm 
US Navy ET Nuc

That's funny!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Zebulon Dak wrote:
So.... say this person has been putting up similar stickers around town for some time now... mostly smallish stuff; no parking signs, stuff like that... but just now getting noticed... what kind of trouble could this person get into for doing this? are we talking fines? or possible jail time? any idea?

Why, you worried? :P

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

Why can I poop in only one way? Fascists.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Aros wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:

Why, you worried? :P

I can neither confirm nor deny having any connection to the person or persons responsible for these acts of vandalism. Just curious. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

I chuckled.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 am 
* NET Radish *

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
Why can I poop in only one way? Fascists.

I'm not in any trouble here cause I'm left handed and can poop. But you right handed goys and girls are in a bit of trouble methinks.

:les:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:47 am 
NET Rookie

I've never shit in the middle of the road, but I did take a dump in the woods once.

Funny +1

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:57 am 
* NET Philistine *

It's stupid and puerile.

I love it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 am 
* NET Starfish *

I'm all for modifying stop signs for humor. I like ones where someone will put "In the name of love" or "Collaborate and listen" under the word "STOP".

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I always find this stuff pretty silly but humorous, but if it is something that happens a lot, it gets pretty expensive when you figure you likely have people being paid union (or at least davis bacon) wages to go out and remove the sign and replace it with a proper one, not to mention the cost of the sign itself. This sort of thing can add up. Personally, working for a company that manufactures these things and sells them, I say vandalize the hell outta 'em, so we can sell more, make more money and continue to give me nice bonus checks at the end of the year :) Up here, we see more signs that are shot up, than vandalized with these types of stickers, and bullet holes just aren't nearly as funny as the OP

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Veteran

peachesenregalia wrote:
I'm all for modifying stop signs for humor. I like ones where someone will put "In the name of love" or "Collaborate and listen" under the word "STOP".

I've always wanted to add "NOW" onto those "END CONSTRUCTION" signs.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I saw "your tax dollars at work" changed to "your tax dollars aren't working" at one point, that was pretty good.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

It's always fun to search through google images for funny stop signs. Saw this one before but ran across it again today and thought I'd share...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm 
NET Rookie

I think it's funny. But I've always liked "immature" humor like that.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:41 pm 
USMC 1970-77

n
Zebulon Dak wrote:

It is a crime, and as kid pointed out (in his endorsement for more business) it costs real money, paid for by taxpayers like you and I to fix/replace said signs. So, yeah, probably fines, possibly jail time if it gets really big. In this case, it looks pretty juvenal, so if the perp was a juvie the penalty would be somewhat less.

But yeah, it's also kind of funny, though not side splitting funny.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:44 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

sutz wrote:
n
Zebulon Dak wrote:

It is a crime, and as kid pointed out (in his endorsement for more business) it costs real money, paid for by taxpayers like you and I to fix/replace said signs. So, yeah, probably fines, possibly jail time if it gets really big. In this case, it looks pretty juvenal, so if the perp was a juvie the penalty would be somewhat less.

you do know it was a tongue in cheek type endorsement right? I mean as long as we have the spend heavy government we have, I have no reason to need to push for more work, as the government will continue to provide with their more than generous stimulus bills :D

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 am 
NET Veteran

Was curious:
§ 28.03. CRIMINAL MISCHIEF.

(a) A person commits an offense if, without the effective consent of the owner:
(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property[0] of the owner;
(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property[0] of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property[0] of the owner.
(b) Except as provided by Subsections (f) and (h), an offense under this section is:
(1) a Class C Misdemeanor if:
(A) the amount of pecuniary loss is less than $50; or
(B) except as provided in Subdivision (3)(A) or
(3)(B), it causes substantial inconvenience to others;
(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of pecuniary loss is $50 or more but less than $500;
(3) a Class A misdemeanor if:
(A) the amount of pecuniary loss is:
(i) $500 or more but less than $1,500; or
(ii) less than $1,500 and the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public gas or power supply, or other public service, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public communications or public gas or power supply; or
(B) the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of any public water supply, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including
installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public water supply, regardless of the amount of the pecuniary loss;
(4) a state jail Felony if the amount of pecuniary loss is:
(A) $1,500 or more but less than $20,000;
(B) less than $1,500, if the damaged or destroyed is a habitation and if the damage or is caused by a firearm or explosive weapon

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

sutz wrote:
Zebulon Dak wrote:

The things is they're just stickers. They can literally be pulled off with 2 fingers.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Shock2k wrote:
Was curious:

(1) he intentionally or knowingly damages or destroys the tangible property[0] of the owner;
(2) he intentionally or knowingly tampers with the tangible property[0] of the owner and causes pecuniary loss or substantial inconvenience to the owner or a third person; or
(3) he intentionally or knowingly makes markings, including inscriptions, slogans, drawings, or paintings, on the tangible property[0] of the owner.
(b) Except as provided by Subsections (f) and (h), an offense under this section is:
(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the amount of pecuniary loss is $50 or more but less than $500;
(ii) less than $1,500 and the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public gas or power supply, or other public service, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public communications or public gas or power supply; or
(B) the actor causes in whole or in part impairment or interruption of any public water supply, or causes to be diverted in whole, in part, or in any manner, including
installation or removal of any device for any such purpose, any public water supply, regardless of the amount of the pecuniary loss;
(B) less than $1,500, if the damaged or destroyed is a habitation and if the damage or is caused by a firearm or explosive weapon

It's interesting because, like I said, they're just stickers. But I've already seen some instances where instead of just pulling it off they sent somebody out to paint over it, which I'm sure increases the cost. And is really stupid.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Zebulon Dak wrote:
Shock2k wrote:
Was curious:

It's interesting because, like I said, they're just stickers. But I've already seen some instances where instead of just pulling it off they sent somebody out to paint over it, which I'm sure increases the cost. And is really stupid.

They put Paint on a reflectorized sign to "fix" it? OMG I really don't know what to say to that.....I mean if you want a cheap fix, you can get some reflective sheeting to stick over the sticker or even a small metal plate that you can put over the top using reflective sheeting on that (they do this often on construction signs to adjust the areas that say 500 ft or 1000 ft or whatever). The most cost for this should be paying these guys the union or davis bacon wages they pay these guys to go out and actually do it. Even if you change the whole sign out (leaving the post) half the cost is the employee putting it up. But to use paint literally ruins the reflectivity of the sign making it against federal, state and local highway codes.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ THE NET LOUNGE ]