Movies coming in 2013. What are you most looking forward to?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Pacific Rim

And they're making Enders Game?? Awesome!
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Pacific Rim - because I love Guillermo Del Toro

Hobbit: Smaug - obviously

World's End - No way this can be bad

Star Wars 2 Into Darkness
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• twisted_steel2 wrote:Pacific Rim

And they're making Enders Game?? Awesome!

Well.... they claim they are. It's been in and out of development for so long that you never know for sure. At one point I was told that Orson Scott Card felt they couldn't make it properly because it would take too long and it was really about the relationships. Then there was hope they could do it in an animated (like Pixar style, but not all cartoony). Now they've gotten to the point where they can make the movies and get them done quickly enough to make it work because the technology has caught up with a lot of what they'd have to do to tell the WHOLE story. Here's a pic of Harrison Ford as Graff when the kids first get to the training station in space and it looks legit, so we shall see.....

R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Regarding Ender's Game, here's the set blog - not updated since last June, but done with principle photography: http://endersgameblog.tumblr.com/

Some images from the blog:

The movie is in post production, and according to its IMDB, the release date is scheduled to be 1 November 2013.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Pacific Rim - because I love Guillermo Del Toro

Star Wars 2, Freudian slip?
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

• 12evanf wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Pacific Rim - because I love Guillermo Del Toro

No, just hard to tell the difference.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• 12evanf wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Pacific Rim - because I love Guillermo Del Toro

Who said it was a slip?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Who said it was a slip?

Captain Kirk?
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

• Anyway, my most anticipated movie is the next Hobbit. Wildcard pick for best movie: The Monument's Men with Daniel Craig, Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett, George Clooney, Bill Murray, and John Goodman. Color me intrigued.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

• Forgot about Ender's game. I've read the book maybe 10 times in my lifetime plus the rest of the series once (At least I think. They kept adding books. Last one I read was Ender's shadow.) So glad Harrison Ford is in this. I hope these kid actors has the skills to pull this off.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Anchorman: The Legend Continues - Not everyone's humor but I loved the first one.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Dude, Park On Hudson? How did I not know? That's instantly at the top of my list.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Recon_Hawk wrote:Forgot about Ender's game. I've read the book maybe 10 times in my lifetime plus the rest of the series once (At least I think. They kept adding books. Last one I read was Ender's shadow.) So glad Harrison Ford is in this. I hope these kid actors has the skills to pull this off.

How did you like Ender's Shadow? I loved that book. It made me cry. I think it would be amazing to film Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow back to back and see the story from the Ender POV and then immediately follow it up from the Bean POV, and then if they wanted to, they could move forward with Ender's story. I think it all makes much more sense when you get the Bean version. It should have been the second book, and my understanding is Card realized that later, and was going to farm out the alternate POV books to a series of authors. As they talked about it though, he took Ender's Shadow back, because he felt only he could really paint the complete Bean picture that he was hoping to paint, and he did it amazingly well. What an amazing book. For anybody who has ever served in the military, or struggled, or just felt out of place, or pretty much had any sort of difficulty in life then I can't recommend Ender's Game enough. I hope it focuses on the relationships and not on a bunch of CGI business. This book is about human interaction and how people function together or are unable to function and so on. It's a deep story.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Die Hard
    Lone Ranger
    Jack Ryan
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SharkHawk wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:Forgot about Ender's game. I've read the book maybe 10 times in my lifetime plus the rest of the series once (At least I think. They kept adding books. Last one I read was Ender's shadow.) So glad Harrison Ford is in this. I hope these kid actors has the skills to pull this off.

How did you like Ender's Shadow? I loved that book. It made me cry. I think it would be amazing to film Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow back to back and see the story from the Ender POV and then immediately follow it up from the Bean POV, and then if they wanted to, they could move forward with Ender's story. I think it all makes much more sense when you get the Bean version. It should have been the second book, and my understanding is Card realized that later, and was going to farm out the alternate POV books to a series of authors. As they talked about it though, he took Ender's Shadow back, because he felt only he could really paint the complete Bean picture that he was hoping to paint, and he did it amazingly well. What an amazing book. For anybody who has ever served in the military, or struggled, or just felt out of place, or pretty much had any sort of difficulty in life then I can't recommend Ender's Game enough. I hope it focuses on the relationships and not on a bunch of CGI business. This book is about human interaction and how people function together or are unable to function and so on. It's a deep story.

I thought Ender's Shadow was the best book of the series - even better than Ender's Game. Absolutely loved it. And that would be a stellar idea. They'll never do it, but it would be awesome.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:Forgot about Ender's game. I've read the book maybe 10 times in my lifetime plus the rest of the series once (At least I think. They kept adding books. Last one I read was Ender's shadow.) So glad Harrison Ford is in this. I hope these kid actors has the skills to pull this off.

I thought Ender's Shadow was the best book of the series - even better than Ender's Game. Absolutely loved it. And that would be a stellar idea. They'll never do it, but it would be awesome.

I'm glad we're in agreement. I think part of it was that Card had just improved as a writer between Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, but part of it was that his ability to write it from a different "brain" made it all the more amazing. Plus I just liked Bean's back story a bit more. Ender's back story was very important in the scheme of the whole universe Card created, but Bean's back story was more important in telling why everything in that particular situation happened the way it did and how much different things were when seen from an alternate POV. Ender thought he knew everything..... but well, I'll leave it there and hope they make it properly.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• SharkHawk wrote:

Shark, I loved the book, too. It was the first parallel book I had read at the time, so i wasnt sure how it would add to the orginal, but Card really did something special with it. I agree that it should have been the second book, too, which sort of ties in with my small complaint with it all. I had re-read Enders Game so many times, that after reading Enders Shadow, I felt duped. Bean deserved so much more attention to the original, yet it took almost 15 years for him to get his due.

I would love back-to-back POV movies, but if Hollywood doesn't see it is financially wise, for whatever reason, I hope they go in more depth with Bean's character. I mean, please, don't downplay Beans brilliance and importance just because its called "Enders" Game.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information