So....much....pain....can't....take....it....anymore

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • I am truly sorry for you from the bottom of my heart SeAhAwKeR4life. What you're going through is so much more difficult than what I am in a lot of ways. Back pain is something where I can lay down and take some medication and get some relief. Losing someone from your life can't be relieved in the same way or really in any way. You just have to grieve and do all you can to make sense and move forward. That is brutal.

I think that is what I saw with my sister. She doesn't have a "cure" for her ills. She's just in an awful situation. It sounds like you've got the right idea. I think of Finding Nemo in times like these actually, and the line "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and it really does help. That's what you've got to do. Just keep swimming. Maybe this is good...and we can all vent it out and help each other through whatever. It seems like I'm not alone in this. That's not good because I know the hurt that others are feeling, but it's good to have support. And this place is the most supportive place I know.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• You know, threads like these are a good reminder that there is so much suffering in the world in so many levels and ways. In the end, we are all brothers and sisters living in this fishbowl called Earth, trying to survive the best we can given the circumstances we find ourselves in. I have yet to meet even one human being who hasn't had to endure some level of suffering whether it be mental, emotional, physical, spiritual or all the above. Some seem to suffer more than others. In the end, it's empathy that reminds you of the human spirit.

I don't know you SharkHawk, outside of these blue walls we call .NET. If we ran into each other at a supermarket, we wouldn't recognize each other nor why would we?

Yet, the opening post in this thread tore me to shreds. It's like my brother or son was writing those words.

I don't have to know you physically, in person, to feel your pain empathically. Here, you're a brother, a member, a friend.

I imagine many others here feel the same.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:You know, threads like these are a good reminder that there is so much suffering in the world in so many levels and ways. In the end, we are all brothers and sisters living in this fishbowl called Earth, trying to survive the best we can given the circumstances we find ourselves in. I have yet to meet even one human being who hasn't had to endure some level of suffering whether it be mental, emotional, physical, spiritual or all the above. Some seem to suffer more than others. In the end, it's empathy that reminds you of the human spirit.

I don't know you SharkHawk, outside of these blue walls we call .NET. If we ran into each other at a supermarket, we wouldn't recognize each other nor why would we?

Yet, the opening post in this thread tore me to shreds. It's like my brother or son was writing those words.

I don't have to know you physically, in person, to feel your pain empathically. Here, you're a brother, a member, a friend.

I admit, I couldn't get through the entirety because of this. Same with the thread about DJToy's dog dying and others. I hope something works for you Shark.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    Aros wrote:You know, threads like these are a good reminder that there is so much suffering in the world in so many levels and ways. In the end, we are all brothers and sisters living in this fishbowl called Earth, trying to survive the best we can given the circumstances we find ourselves in. I have yet to meet even one human being who hasn't had to endure some level of suffering whether it be mental, emotional, physical, spiritual or all the above. Some seem to suffer more than others. In the end, it's empathy that reminds you of the human spirit.

I admit, I couldn't get through the entirety because of this. Same with the thread about DJToy's dog dying and others. I hope something works for you Shark.

This to me is what the human experience is all about. Todd... I thank you for creating this place, and making it an environment of respect and class. It has attracted so many wonderful people over the years, and I notice that those who don't have hearts of gold lose interest and seem to fade away... but those who truly truly care and "get it" seem to stick around forever and make this place a part of their daily life. It isn't a "message board". This is not even a community. This is a FAMILY. I agree with you Sarlacc about the things others suffer through hurting all of us. We care, because as we read the thoughts and meanderings of others here, we get a sense of them. We get to know them and how they think, and recognize that they are another human being, not just a series of words on a page.

I love this place and would do anything for any of you. I mean that. There was a time where I was a big jerk to people and was always griping about everything. Through it all I was allowed to stay and participate, and when I was at my lowest points, then this place pulled me through.

I think what it boils down to is that it isn't just about the Seahawks. Not even close. This board is about human beings and the relationships we have with each other. The Seahawks are merely the tie that binds us together and brought us here in the first place. It is the friends and support and amazing displays of kindness and thoughtfulness that brings us all back day after day. That is why people from "sports boards" come here and are so amazed. Their "community" is a lot of the opposite of what seahawks.net is. They think it's almost too amazing to be real, and time after time I've heard people say that they wished their team's board was like this. Well... it can be. It's all about what they make of it.

I think that's why we all get so worked up about the Hawks too... because we know how much it hurts the others here when we lose. But we also know that when they win the big one (and it will happen soon), we will be the happiest family in the history of the internet. It will be a day that will be amazing, and wonderful, and just perfect. We've all earned it in some way. I'll know that it is more than just a game. For me, it will be about my father who passed away in 2008 and although he got to see the Hawks in a Superbowl, he never got to see them win one. It will be for the members here who have shared their struggles with all of us, and we will all know that they are celebrating and truly content about a big part of their lives (that unwavering love of our beloved Seahawks). I'll know that somewhere Cheinhill is smiling, and that those of us who have been there since game 1 will have truly gotten our moment in the sun, and those who are just joining the party when they watch the Hawks win that one and decide on that day that they are now a Seahawks fans will have a place to go and a community that will welcome them aboard with open arms.

I am truly grateful for this place, but more than that I am truly grateful for those who embody what this place is all about.

Thank you all. We laugh, we cry, we fight, we make up, we tease, we smile, we support. That is what a family does.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Let me know what else we can do to support you, Shark. My prayers are with you.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Wow, Shark. I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm not a religious man, but you're in my thoughts. Best wishes.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• Thanks Montana and Snohomie. You guys are good eggs. Hopefully you get to come scout some of the guys at some point out here snohomie. I would love to show you around the campuses and do some meet and greets when you get to the point of attending pro-days and whatnot. Hopefully I heal up and can get back to being more involved with the schools. This has been a very off year for me.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• That'd be fun. Hopefully your back improves and we can do that, if I'm ever in Utah I'll hit you up!
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information