Anyone living in the Phoenix area

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Anyone living in the Phoenix area
Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Check your shoes for scorpions before you put 'em on. Really.

I like Phoenix, though.

ha ha, I literally did that during my first week or so after I moved here. :shock: :lol:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:43 pm
  • Tattooedseahawk wrote:ha ha, I literally did that during my first week or so after I moved here. :shock: :lol:

A daughter of a friend of my mom's when we lived there nearly died from a scorpion bite from a scorpion hiding in a shoe, and they had lived there forever. Not something to take lightly, haha.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:18 pm
  • wow, at first i thought this was a new thread, but then i realized it was posted over a year ago... needless to say, after deciding to hold out on the move to shore a few last few things up, i am moving down that way on Feb 3rd....
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Tattooedseahawk wrote:ha ha, I literally did that during my first week or so after I moved here. :shock: :lol:

A daughter of a friend of my mom's when we lived there nearly died from a scorpion bite from a scorpion hiding in a shoe, and they had lived there forever. Not something to take lightly, haha.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am always paranoid when the thought of camping or hiking. I don't really worry so much at my apartment as I have been here for a long time. I have never had a sighting. I did have a black widow try to claim hold of a pole next to my covered parking spot. It was a battle there for a bit. You would have thought it and I were like batman and joker. :shock:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:53 pm
  • djTOY2000 wrote:wow, at first i thought this was a new thread, but then i realized it was posted over a year ago... needless to say, after deciding to hold out on the move to shore a few last few things up, i am moving down that way on Feb 3rd....

Yeah, I almost forgot about this thread as well.

It is pretty nice down here. I like the weather minus the 3 or 4 months of heat. One can always get away north to the mountains or the 5 or so hours out west to San Diego plus I don't mind the occasional drive south into the desert as I get to Tucson or Tombstone.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:36 am
  • Last time I was in Phoenix was for a Nascar Race and lots of "partaking" about ten years ago! The area is awesome to visit, though I have no frame of reference as far as living in Phoenix proper. I lived in New Mexico near the Arizona border as a kid and at the time I simply loved playing in the desert. You could just take off walking in damn near any direction you please and see awesome stuff. Did a lot of Jackrabbit hunting out there. But I personally like to be able to see the mountains covered in Snow. I just had a meeting in Portland last week and driving back I could see Mt. Hood, Mt. Saint Helens, and Mt. Adams all clear as day. That practically never happens for me.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:26 pm
  • Evil_Shenanigans wrote:Last time I was in Phoenix was for a Nascar Race and lots of "partaking" about ten years ago! The area is awesome to visit, though I have no frame of reference as far as living in Phoenix proper. I lived in New Mexico near the Arizona border as a kid and at the time I simply loved playing in the desert. You could just take off walking in damn near any direction you please and see awesome stuff. Did a lot of Jackrabbit hunting out there. But I personally like to be able to see the mountains covered in Snow. I just had a meeting in Portland last week and driving back I could see Mt. Hood, Mt. Saint Helens, and Mt. Adams all clear as day. That practically never happens for me.

Oh yeah Mt. Saint Helens! I remember seeing that on my flight back from Seattle. It brought back memories of me in elementary school in Michigan having to do a school project after the eruption.

One thing people don't realize of the central valley in Arizona is how spread out it is from the west side of the valley to the far east side of the valley. With only one single line of metro rail, it is a lot of driving depending on which side you live and what you want to get to.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 pm
  • Yeah, its quite the sprawl. I'm now up in the northern part of Phoenix and dammit if I don't feel like everything is out of the way now.
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:50 pm
  • DHawk wrote:Yeah, its quite the sprawl. I'm now up in the northern part of Phoenix and dammit if I don't feel like everything is out of the way now.

I remember the Giants and Patriots fans being surveyed after their trip here for the Super Bowl. They said they enjoyed their time down here but DAMN if everything that was going Super Bowl event wise weren't so far apart. :thirishdrinkers:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm
  • You guys going to be at Skeptical Chymist in Scottsdale? It is going to be an absolutely crazy lot party.
    Galen96
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 pm
  • I wasn't sure if I would go there or the location in Chandler that is meant for fellow hawks fans or if I would remain in a dark cave lit only by the light of a single flat screen tv away from all fellow humans. :2: :snack: :thirishdrinkers:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information