Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

In the deep, dark hills of eastern Kentucky...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • That's where I trace my bloodline.

(It's a quote, not me personally.)

I just finished watching Justified all the way through. I watched it when only four seasons were made at the time and inexplicably forgot about it for a while, so I just watched all six, and damn, what a great show. It ended very well, too; they didn't try to drag it out, and I really enjoyed the finale. Any other Justified fans here? It also helps that I love Timothy Olyphant.

P.S...You'll never leave Harlan alive.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:That's where I trace my bloodline.

(It's a quote, not me personally.)

I just finished watching Justified all the way through. I watched it when only four seasons were made at the time and inexplicably forgot about it for a while, so I just watched all six, and damn, what a great show. It ended very well, too; they didn't try to drag it out, and I really enjoyed the finale. Any other Justified fans here? It also helps that I love Timothy Olyphant.

P.S...You'll never leave Harlan alive.

I own all 6 seasons on DVD -- got it in a box of stuff for a bit of work I did, but I haven't watched it yet, but I also like Olyphant. I don't expect it to be Deadwood, but I plan on giving it a spin in a few weeks or so.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• One of my favorite shows of all time.

Graham Yost, the head writer really tapped into the soul of Elmore Leonard's characters and books. Just that syrupy sarcastic southern charm, humor and edge.

And c'mon, I defy you to find a better villian/antagonist than Goggins as Boyd Crowder. Dude freakin' killed it.

If anyone's looking for a show to binge watch, you'd be hard pressed to do better than Justified.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Might have to start this up.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Justified is absolutely awesome. I need to rewatch it, it has been a couple of years.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:I own all 6 seasons on DVD -- got it in a box of stuff for a bit of work I did, but I haven't watched it yet, but I also like Olyphant. I don't expect it to be Deadwood, but I plan on giving it a spin in a few weeks or so.

It's better than Deadwood, IMO; and I really liked Deadwood. I also think Olyphant is better in this than he was in Deadwood.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:I own all 6 seasons on DVD -- got it in a box of stuff for a bit of work I did, but I haven't watched it yet, but I also like Olyphant. I don't expect it to be Deadwood, but I plan on giving it a spin in a few weeks or so.

It's better than Deadwood, IMO; and I really liked Deadwood. I also think Olyphant is better in this than he was in Deadwood.

Hard to compare the two shows, but yes Olyphant got to really take control of Givens as a fully fleshed out character in Justified..........where he was more of a wooden supporting actor in Deadwood.

Justified is just a really good mix of everything, dark humor, drama, action and interesting on a cultural level as well. Kinda showed how the backwood family dynamics work in rural Kentucky.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Kinda showed how the backwood family dynamics work in rural Kentucky.

EXTREMELY similar to rural Wisconsin from when I lived there, too.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Olyphant was good, but I gotta say Goggins stole the show. Yeah, loved the series, one of my favorites.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• I loved both of them in it, but I don't think I can agree that he STOLE the show. He seems born to play that kind of a role, reminded me in some ways of his role in The Shield; though obviously this was more at home for him. :)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Great show.. Longmire is a good one as well.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• I'm 4 episodes in after this recommendation. I "kinda" like it. I know that Boyd returns soon but the three episodes after the opener were disappointing only in that they were "one offs" if you will. Character comes in, does some stuff, gets shot, story ends. Good stories, good acting and good characters. Just didn't like the lack of carry over. Kinda like watching Murder-She-Wrote

I'm assuming some long running character arcs and plots develop soon
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Uncle Si wrote:
    I'm assuming some long running character arcs and plots develop soon

Absolutely. The entire series can be distilled down (get it, distilled!) to following the character arcs of the main 4-5 characters. Raylon, Boyd and Ava primarily..........then characters like Wyn Duffy, Dickie Bennett, Wynona and even Raylon's dad Arlo later on.

It's been forever since I watched season 1, so I can't speak to what you're talking about specifically, but rest assure the longer arcs develop.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• Ambrose83 wrote:Great show.. Longmire is a good one as well.

Longmire is fantastic, can't wait for the new and sadly the finale season.. the modern day Matt Dillon.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information