Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare vs Battlefield 1

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • With the two heavy hitters set to be released later this year, which one do you think is the better product? I guess I should have made this a poll.

Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

or

DICE's Battlefield 1

The inclusion of MW4 remastered with Infinite Warfare does help a bit, but personally I'm just so sick and tired of the space shooters. They've been done to death. I'm still trying to finish Black Ops III. Give me the boots on the ground that is Battlefield 1.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Infinite warfare looks dumb.

Gives us back the COD we loved, not this halo jr BS
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I think this is gonna be a big statement to Activision about making repetitive yearly games that no one wants (though I wish it happened sooner). The hugely negative response on the COD release trailer is pretty telling. Black ops 3 is a fun game but the thruster jump futuristic nonsense has to stop.

I read Infinite Warfare is going to have a personal (customizable?) ship for the space fights (which no one wants) - that's 100% going to be a cash grab for them to sell random BS. I miss the days of big companies selling full complete games without cutting content originally made to sell on 3 later DLC's.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I'll be getting BF1. I lost what little remaining interest I had in CoD after MW3. I had so much more fun with BF3 and 4.
    Just hope that BF1 doesn't have a ton of issues at launch like BF4 did.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• the futuristic stuff sucks. go back to old stuff.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I found MW3 fun, but it wasn't as good as the ones after, afterwards things just went to hell for COD
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I quit playing both these franchises a couple years ago.

It's obvious after iteration #12 that they've run out of fresh ways to play these games. For an older gamer it's also a frustrating experience because I can't commit to playing 3-4 nights a week to just be mediocre.

Day #1 of release: "Hey I like these new maps."
    Day #3: "Hey look, we're playing an entire team of prestige 10's already."
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• CoD needs to stop it with all of the futurization stuff, there's enough sci-fi shooters out there that already do it well and decent grounded shooters are few and far between.

Never played the BF series much besides 1942, but I got BF4 for my PS4 and really enjoyed it. There seems to be a lot more older and mature gamers playing it while CoD is run amok with teenagers and adults that act like teenagers.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'd given up on multiplayer shooters... Heh, a stupid long time ago. It might've been like CoD: MW (The first one).

Destiny Taken King bundle on super-clearance got me back into the genre -- Tentatively, at least. I did really like it (Probably PvE more than PvP). So, that led me on to BlOps3, which seemed basically like CoD going, 'Hey, let's do a Destiny sort of thing?' with the various Spec classes.

In conclusion... it was a'ight. Kinda meh. Decent time sink. Got a prestige or two, then got bored. Back to NBA 2k##.

I -want- to like one...
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I quit playing both these franchises a couple years ago.

It's obvious after iteration #12 that they've run out of fresh ways to play these games. For an older gamer it's also a frustrating experience because I can't commit to playing 3-4 nights a week to just be mediocre.

Day #1 of release: "Hey I like these new maps."
    Day #3: "Hey look, we're playing an entire team of prestige 10's already."

Lol bro, same here I played the first night, had stuff to do and then by night 4 me and my friends were up against super killers I never had that least amount of fun in my life.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• BF1 for me. Been done with COD for awhile. Most BF games are great and have longer then a year shelf-life for multiplayer.
    hawksincebirth wrote:
    So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu May 26, 2016 4:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information