Ronda Rousey to Star in 'Road House' Reboot

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Why? Why? Why?

:shock: :pukeface:

Ronda Rousey confirmed Wednesday that she will star in a reboot of the cult 1989 film Road House, assuming the lead role previously filled by Patrick Swayze.

"It is a great honor to play a part in celebrating the life of a man that inspired so many. I couldn't be more grateful to have this opportunity to pay respect to the beloved Patrick Swayze," Rousey tweeted along with a link to Variety's story on the reboot. "I promise to work incessantly to make sure this project is a tribute his friends and family can be proud of."

The original action film starred Swayze as a professional "cooler" at the Double Deuce, a saloon in a small town gripped by an evil businessman. Although critically gutted upon release, Road House gained a cult following for its throat-ripping ultraviolence, bizarre plot and tough-talking dialogue.

According to Variety, Rousey was initially intrigued by the idea of a Road House reboot but first sought to gain the blessing of Swayze's widow Lisa Niemi, who gave the UFC star her approval. With Rousey and the Swayze estate on board, producers are now in the process of hiring writers to pen the reboot's script, with production set to begin in 2016.

Read more: ... z3lK6aJ1TL
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    * NET Staff *

• Why?...Just to waste money?...Not even remotely interested to see.
    < "The Seahawks Drafted Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark....Obvious Aliens"
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I guess we're truly out of new ideas.'s all about that action boss....I'm just here so I won't get fined...
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• I loved Road House and I'm disappointed I didn't mention it in the 80's movie thread. I'll watch the remake based on that alone.
    NET Veteran

• No Jeff Healey on the soundtrack and/or on stage at the club so no watch for me.

NET Pro Bowler

• I'm going to watch it for Ronda alone.
    SalishHawkFan wrote:My name is Russell Wilson. You intercepted 4 of my passes. Prepare to die.
    NET Veteran

• OkieHawk wrote:I'm going to watch it for Ronda alone.

I will atleast wait for the trailer before making a judgment. It's not like the original Roadhouse didn't suck. But it was saved by campy 80s themes and gratuitous nudity. Can Ronda deliver?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• If they adopt this storyline, it'll be awesome. ... on-movies/
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.

2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:46 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]