California Vacation

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:35 am
  • So my kids and I will be travelling to California to spend the 4th with my mom. Just checked the weather for Oroville and it's supposed to be in the 100s the entire time we're there. And the hotel we're staying at doesn't have a pool.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:42 am

Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:35 am
  • You know you done screwed up now don't you?
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9129
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:36 am
  • We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:39 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9129
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:00 pm
  • Welcome to HELL..... :twisted:
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22057
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm
  • I am going to Napa Valley in a few weeks. Gonna wear nothing but Hawks gear the entire time. It will be glorious.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9070
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:37 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I am going to Napa Valley in a few weeks. Gonna wear nothing but Hawks gear the entire time. It will be glorious.

    I was going to suggest this to the OP. I got a dirty look wearing my ET jersey in Vegas at the airport on the way home from a guy wearing a bronco shirt and hat. Wasn't sure if it was the jersey or my crap eating grin when I saw someone wearing Donks gear. Not a word was spoken! 8)
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10730
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:13 pm
  • Oh, I'll be wearing my Seahawks hat & t-shirt. Pity it'll be too hot for me to wear my Seahawks jacket as well.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm
  • I used to live in Sacramento for a couple years,anyway 1 day family decides to go to SF ..It's 90+ summer in Sac so I have my shorts/tank top ..We get there it's 65 with strong winds ..I was freezing my butt off and had to stay inside an arcade and play games..I couldn't walk anywhere far in that craphole..
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 555
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:42 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I used to live in Sacramento for a couple years,anyway 1 day family decides to go to SF ..It's 90+ summer in Sac so I have my shorts/tank top ..We get there it's 65 with strong winds ..I was freezing my butt off and had to stay inside an arcade and play games..I couldn't walk anywhere far in that craphole..



    I did the same when I lived in Bakersfield. Went to visit my brother in August. It was in the mid fifties and windier than shards. I posted up in a bar called Shanghai Kellys. Awesome bar until I realized the Steelers flag. So I did what most of you might do. I tried drinking all their beer and leaving them high and dry for their Steeler friends.8-)
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9129
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:47 pm
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

    Mark Twain I believe.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10732
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: California Vacation
Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:45 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:So my kids and I will be travelling to California to spend the 4th with my mom. Just checked the weather for Oroville and it's supposed to be in the 100s the entire time we're there. And the hotel we're staying at doesn't have a pool.

    Where are you staying? Gold Country Casino? No, their pool is on the 4th floor, I think.
    Everybody has a pool in Oroville. Except maybe Best Value Inn. Let me know, I'll take you to the lake...as much lake as we have left, anyway...
    Come up to the house on the 4th...we can see about seven different fireworks displays from our deck including Lake Oroville, which is about a mile away.
    NorCalHawk12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 am
    Location: Oroville, CA (not WA)


Re: California Vacation
Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:15 am
  • NorCalHawk12 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:So my kids and I will be travelling to California to spend the 4th with my mom. Just checked the weather for Oroville and it's supposed to be in the 100s the entire time we're there. And the hotel we're staying at doesn't have a pool.

    Where are you staying? Gold Country Casino? No, their pool is on the 4th floor, I think.
    Everybody has a pool in Oroville. Except maybe Best Value Inn. Let me know, I'll take you to the lake...as much lake as we have left, anyway...
    Come up to the house on the 4th...we can see about seven different fireworks displays from our deck including Lake Oroville, which is about a mile away.

    Yeah, we're staying at Gold County. My mom lives across the street behind the hotel. Their website doesn't mention a pool but there's two on the tribal land where my mom lives that we can use.

    She did tell me that they've cancelled the fireworks show because it's been so dry there. We're still having a family barbeque at the lake, though.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:14 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

    Mark Twain I believe.


    Twain wrote a Rush song too, hmmm... what was that called... wait.... it'll come to me...
    ImageImageImage

    "You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1128
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am


Re: California Vacation
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:40 am
  • The wife and I are actually taking a mini vacation road trip to Monterey next week. I haven't been there since I was three. It is a beautiful area so we are excited to go.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22057
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


Re: California Vacation
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 pm
  • tom sawyer wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

    Mark Twain I believe.


    Twain wrote a Rush song too, hmmm... what was that called... wait.... it'll come to me...


    Grape of Wrath.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9129
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: California Vacation
Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:04 pm
  • I'm here & it's hot. I did run into suppaball at the bowling alley. Nice to meet you, dude. :-)
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I'm here & it's hot. I did run into suppaball at the bowling alley. Nice to meet you, dude. :-)


    !! You guys gong to be in/near Sac tho?
    poop
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 9627
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: California Vacation
Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:14 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:I'm here & it's hot. I did run into suppaball at the bowling alley. Nice to meet you, dude. :-)


    !! You guys gong to be in/near Sac tho?

    Yeah, Tuesday morning at the airport.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:51 pm
  • tom sawyer wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

    Mark Twain I believe.


    Twain wrote a Rush song too, hmmm... what was that called... wait.... it'll come to me...


    Ooh, ohh, I know...
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 5711
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: is not important, when you're good.


Re: California Vacation
Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:35 am
  • Back from vacation. Had fun meeting suppaball and snubbing Sac. Even the heat wasn't all that bad.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5731
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: California Vacation
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:38 am
  • tom sawyer wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:We may go to San Francisco one of the days we're out there. It's only supposed to be 70 degrees there.


    The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.

    Mark Twain I believe.


    Twain wrote a Rush song too, hmmm... what was that called... wait.... it'll come to me...

    Huckleberry Finn?
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10732
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA




It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests