True Detective Season 2 (Plus Louie + Thrones)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
  • Whoop whoop!! Season 1 was so good and this looks like it has the potential to be amazing.

So Louie starts tonight, Thrones on Sunday, and that should wrap up just in time for True Detective? Holy balls, it's gonna be football season before we know it!

Anybody else stoked for any of these?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Whoop whoop!! Season 1 was so good and this looks like it has the potential to be amazing.

So Louie starts tonight, Thrones on Sunday, and that should wrap up just in time for True Detective? Holy balls, it's gonna be football season before we know it!

Anybody else stoked for any of these?

I'll be happy with S5 of Game of Thrones so long as they pay less attention to that stupid Reek storyline. Good grief what a waste of screen time that whole ordeal has been. I have friends who've read the books and I ask them "Does it make any sense in the novel?" Most of them tell me "In the novel it gets even more confusing and pointless! There's doubles everywhere." I hope they don't go with a bunch of doubles on the show, that would drive me nuts.

As far as the TD promo it looks amazing... but I've not watched first season yet. I have it sitting on my DVD rack waiting to watch, but I've been busy reading and reviewing a series of Sci-Fi novels for a friend and so wrapped up in Flash and Agents of SHIELD and trying to get through the first DA game that I haven't got to it.

As does the Daredevil promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeBGuzxlPCw

So many good shows, so little time. In many ways I believe that television has surpassed the movies. The quality of the acting is on par, in most cases the writing is as good or even better and you have that advantage of being able to spend more time with the characters. The only downfall is the low TV budgets. You don't get quite the same action and stunt coordination as you do on the big screen.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Louie fan here. Dark, depressing, funny, hilarious. Cracks me up.
    the play was called 'Charlie Brown'...

"you don't 'feel' in Beast Mode....it feels you"
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't watch Louie, but Game of Thrones! Woo-hoo!

I'll try watching True Detective again this season. I tried last season, but I've found that I don't have a lot of patience for the slow burn, thickly atmospheric, characters spending an inordinate amount of time staring at each other in meaningful silence type of show. I consider it a personal failing that I have the attention span of a gnat, but it is what it is.
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Veteran

• SnoCoHawk wrote:I don't watch Louie, but Game of Thrones! Woo-hoo!

I'll try watching True Detective again this season. I tried last season, but I've found that I don't have a lot of patience for the slow burn, thickly atmospheric, characters spending an inordinate amount of time staring at each other in meaningful silence type of show. I consider it a personal failing that I have the attention span of a gnat, but it is what it is.

There is an episode of Breaking Bad called "Fly" that probably drove you nuts, huh? ;)
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:
    SnoCoHawk wrote:I don't watch Louie, but Game of Thrones! Woo-hoo!

There is an episode of Breaking Bad called "Fly" that probably drove you nuts, huh? ;)

I lost interest in Breaking Bad sometime during season 4. :lol:
    SnoCoHawk
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:There is an episode of Breaking Bad called "Fly" that probably drove you nuts, huh? ;)

That episode was terrible no matter what kind of television you like.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    The_Z_Man wrote:There is an episode of Breaking Bad called "Fly" that probably drove you nuts, huh? ;)

That episode was terrible no matter what kind of television you like.

Hahaha!
    :roll:

I have a friend who will argue with you forever about that. He thinks that episode was the pinnacle of storytelling and that Vince Gilligan can do no wrong! :roll:

I thought it was pretty dreadful... but not as bad as when the show went for clear melodrama like Jessie's endless 150Db house party where the police never show up, or the scene where Skyler does her best impersonation of Nancy Botwin and wades out into the pool and floats around looking fractured. I was expecting a really forlorn "Cure" song to start playing, or at least REM or Smashing Pumpkins.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• Thanks Zebulon!

Oh man, I had no idea the trailer was out yet...

Can't wait. Season 1 was the best thing I've seen on TV since breaking bad ended.

I'm thoroughly anticipating this! :th2thumbs:
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Rookie

• *(and that includes better call saul, which i enjoyed quite a bit)
    "FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac
    seaNOmercy
    NET Rookie

• Real excited for TD season 2 and the trailer made me forget about the cop out ending to season 1 (some liked it, I didn't). Love me some serious Vince Vaughn.

More excited for GOT. It's amazing how the show runners are able to have so many different plots running while making it not feel thin. Supposedly this season will spoil some of the next book coming out.

Hannibal season 3 comes out soon too. Going to be some great television to watch.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• True story about Game of thrones: It's shit.

Martin should have kept it to three books. instead, he let the story get all muddied and the quality has taken a steep drop. the show is bollocks. I lost interest in it after the second episode of the second season. The books are so contrived at this point, and all of the silly fanboys really annoy me. I'll read the last two books, but only because I'm invested in the first 5 now.
    JFT96
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• That new episode of Louie was amazing.

Really interested to see what they do with Thrones in terms of moving some plot lines beyond the books. I really hope they leave the whole Tyrion joins the circus thing out of it completely. Spoiler alert.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Wow this looks awesome
    Image GO HAWKS !
    dino26
    NET Veteran

• Havent seen True Detective, will wait for Thrones to get to blu ray...

About five episodes into DareDevil. Pretty solid so far. Kingpin is perfectly cast, as is Foggy, not sold on Cox as DD yet but he is growing on me. Rosario Dawson is a nice bonus. A lot darker than other MCU shows which is how DD should be, so they got that right.
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

• I just started watching DD since I am a HUGE MCU fan. The one thing that is bugging me so far about DD is the lack of the Stark Tower in the city views. I know I shouldn't fret over that but they are talking about "the incident"(the battle of NY) and no Stark Tower in the background? Cmon. Seriously. So far the show is pretty good though.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information