You Can Buy Paul Allen's MiG-29 Fulcrum Jet Fighter

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Microsoft co-founder, prolific entrepreneur, and a man with an absolute love for all things that fly, Paul Allen, died last October after a fight with cancer. He was just 65. Portions of his empire are beginning to be slowly sold off, including the world-record breaking "Roc" satellite-launcher aircraft and the company built around it known as Stratolaunch. Now, one of the most impressive pieces of his incredible collection of aircraft, many of which are part of the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum at Paine Field in Everett, Washington has been put on the market. It's widely understood to be the finest example of a MiG-29 Fulcrum in private hands anywhere in the world, and maybe even the finest regardless of ownership arrangement.

Here is the link >>> https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29292/you-can-buy-paul-allens-mig-29-fulcrum-jet-fighter
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:Image

Microsoft co-founder, prolific entrepreneur, and a man with an absolute love for all things that fly, Paul Allen, died last October after a fight with cancer. He was just 65. Portions of his empire are beginning to be slowly sold off, including the world-record breaking "Roc" satellite-launcher aircraft and the company built around it known as Stratolaunch. Now, one of the most impressive pieces of his incredible collection of aircraft, many of which are part of the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum at Paine Field in Everett, Washington has been put on the market. It's widely understood to be the finest example of a MiG-29 Fulcrum in private hands anywhere in the world, and maybe even the finest regardless of ownership arrangement.

Here is the link >>> https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29292/you-can-buy-paul-allens-mig-29-fulcrum-jet-fighter

I want it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I could turn that baby into a crop duster, think how many acres a day you could do.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

• Chawker wrote:I could turn that baby into a crop duster, think how many acres a day you could do.

I crop dust and I’m not a pilot. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• She's a beauty... well, I mean he (Russian word for aeroplane is male). I fell in love with the MiG-29 when I first saw pictures of them in the late 80s, and my uncle was at Farnborough Airshow when it debuted in the West, in 1990 (I think) and sent me some photos. It can operate from rough airstrips, thanks to its ingenious systems to prevent foreign object ingestion into the engines, and very industrial grade undercarriage.

Hey, can anyone please tell me what the music is, on the video here?:

https://www.facebook.com/flyingheritage ... 500948666/
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Wow, I'll take it! I sure hope this isn't a sign that the Heritage Collection will be shrinking or sold off! It's a wonderful museum with fantastic aircraft, many of which are in flying condition. That would be an epic shame. If you are ever in the area you should check out Aviation Day...An annual event at Paine Field which has many of his warbirds flying.

Aussie, I am not sure who that band is...Sounds like Foo Fighters but I don't think that's them.

Here's photos of one of my models with the full scale at Paine Field on Aviation Day years ago. I was bummed that I missed meeting the pilot who flew her in WWII!! He passed only months later. Damn.
    Attachments
    10.jpg
    10.jpg (178.6 KiB) Viewed 157 times
    4.jpg
    4.jpg (203.88 KiB) Viewed 157 times
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Wow, I'll take it! I sure hope this isn't a sign that the Heritage Collection will be shrinking or sold off! It's a wonderful museum with fantastic aircraft, many of which are in flying condition. That would be an epic shame. If you are ever in the area you should check out Aviation Day...An annual event at Paine Field which has many of his warbirds flying.

Aussie, I am not sure who that band is...Sounds like Foo Fighters but I don't think that's them.

Here's photos of one of my models with the full scale at Paine Field on Aviation Day years ago. I was bummed that I missed meeting the pilot who flew her in WWII!! He passed only months later. Damn.

That's a really cool photo. Looks to be a spot-on replica. Nice work!
    soxhawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information