Need some help fighting breast cancer

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Need some help fighting breast cancer
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:49 pm
  • Hey boys and girls! With ownership's approval, I'd like to ask for some help from the Seahawks community here.

My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She's in the Philippines, and the public healthcare insurance there essentially involves waiting in long lines, for a long time, for a tiny refund on each and every single test and procedure. My wife's been there handling that and it's a nightmare, and it doesn't cover much of it at all. We're getting some help from friends and family, but most of that is logistics and support, with not a lot of actual funding.

We're struggling to come up with the funds to pay for her surgery, upcoming chemotherapy, and other treatment. Her former college classmates have created a GoFundMe to help with some of the costs, and we're trying to get it funded. We would appreciate it if you could share this as widely as you can to get the word out and get it seen by as many people as possible. The more viral this goes, the better chances it has of getting funded.

We'd also greatly appreciate it if you could chip in even a little of your hard-earned, over-taxed money. And we're asking you to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, if such are your beliefs.

The fundraiser is linked below. I'll update this occasionally to share what's going on. Thank you so much in advance for whatever you can do to help out!

https://www.gofundme.com/milesmore-for-jenneth
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Are there BC support groups in the PI's? I'll ask my daughter if she knows of any.

Here you go: http://www.philcancer.org.ph/support/support-groups/

Being able to discuss her BC with other women with the same disease, can only help her.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Re: Need some help fighting breast cancer
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 pm
  • LymonHawk wrote:Are there BC support groups in the PI's? I'll ask my daughter if she knows of any.

Here you go: http://www.philcancer.org.ph/support/support-groups/

Being able to discuss her BC with other women with the same disease, can only help her.

Thank you! I'll pass it on to my wife. She'll see that Mom gets the information. I appreciate it.

Edit: Doesn't look like there's any of them very close to where they are in the Central Visayas. Surprising, considering how big Cebu is.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Re: Need some help fighting breast cancer
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:33 pm
  • There is always the chance of satellite groups in any area. You know how to use google, just figure out the correct query, and search. Good hunting.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• LymonHawk wrote:There is always the chance of satellite groups in any area. You know how to use google, just figure out the correct query, and search. Good hunting.

I've been looking and it appears the Visayas regions are very underrepresented. Strange, but then not surprising. Thanks for the help.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information