WA Has Highest Rate of UFO Sightings

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
WA Has Highest Rate of UFO Sightings
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:33 am

Re: WA Has Highest Rate of UFO Sightings
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:28 pm
  • I saw one the summer of 2007 in Wenatchee late one night/early morning. Never reported it, though. Maybe I should to keep these numbers up.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:44 pm
  • Ha!

I have had 8 legitimate UFO sightings in my life. Most occurred in Washington which isn't a surprise since I have spent the vast majority of my life here. The first one I was walking to a friend's house when I looked up and along the Cascades was a giant ball of fire flying horizontally. I watched it for about a minute or two before it went out of sight. So obviously not a meteor. It was fantastic and alarming on every level. Didn't hear a word about it on the news that night or the next day which I thought was incredibly odd.

One time I was driving to work on I-5 South headed to Gig Harbor. Over the Kent Valley I saw a perfectly round, chrome/mirror-reflecting sphere. Totally hovering over the valley right over the military sector of Boeing. Almost crashed my car trying to keep it in sight. The only explanation I could think of was weather balloon but I don't know of any balloon that is perfectly round and mirrored.

Another time I was at Ocean Shores with a girlfriend. I walked out to the patio overlooking the ocean and I instantly noticed a triangle-shaped row of lights slowly moving inland. I couldn't tell if it was 8 different craft flying in formation or one solid craft. Either was a bit intimidating as there was no sound and very creepy. It was just after midnight. I pointed it out to her and she was freaking out.

I have a few more sightings even more impressive. It's why I laugh when people think there's nothing to UFOs.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:48 pm
  • Love it, Aros. I used to get chills every time I would describe my sighting.

My buddy and I were driving from Wenatchee Heights (south of town) to Broadview (small upper-scale neighborhood north/northwest side of town) and pulled out onto Western Ave which runs basically north/south on the west side of town. I was riding passenger and after maybe half a minute noticed there was a bright white light that was seemingly matching our speed in the sky above us. I mentioned it to Chris who was driving and after he looked at it off and on for 15 seconds or so he says something to the tune of "oh yeah, I can see that. What the hell is that?!" and then just a few seconds later it sped off at crazy speeds on a trajectory going north along the Columbia river and then disappeared. It looked like a reverse shooting star that was heading north but was bending to the east and away from the ground. I think back on it and that road is overall relatively flat and has consistent street lights on both sides of the road. I don't think there's anyway it was a weird light reflection or anything like that.

The fact it took off after a few seconds of my buddy acknowledging it made it even creepier. :34853_tinfoil:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:54 pm
  • With MJ legalization around the US, I expect the proportion of WA sightings to decrease relative to other states.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:56 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:With MJ legalization around the US, I expect the proportion of WA sightings to decrease relative to other states.

Never underestimate the mind's capacity for confirmation bias. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:54 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Love it, Aros. I used to get chills every time I would describe my sighting.

My buddy and I were driving from Wenatchee Heights (south of town) to Broadview (small upper-scale neighborhood north/northwest side of town) and pulled out onto Western Ave which runs basically north/south on the west side of town. I was riding passenger and after maybe half a minute noticed there was a bright white light that was seemingly matching our speed in the sky above us. I mentioned it to Chris who was driving and after he looked at it off and on for 15 seconds or so he says something to the tune of "oh yeah, I can see that. What the hell is that?!" and then just a few seconds later it sped off at crazy speeds on a trajectory going north along the Columbia river and then disappeared. It looked like a reverse shooting star that was heading north but was bending to the east and away from the ground. I think back on it and that road is overall relatively flat and has consistent street lights on both sides of the road. I don't think there's anyway it was a weird light reflection or anything like that.

The fact it took off after a few seconds of my buddy acknowledging it made it even creepier. :34853_tinfoil:

Nice! That would have been something to see. I like that description "...a reverse shooting star."

Interesting how many folks will talk about how they feel like they were being watched or the object somehow knew it was being watched. I have heard countless times that there was almost a telepathic connection. Crazy.

Perhaps my most impressive encounter occurred on a flight back from NJ in the late 1990s. Somewhere around Montana I noticed this bright light tracking our plane. At first I thought it was a stationary light on the ground but after several minutes I knew that wasn't the case. I even asked the guy sitting in front of me if he could see what I was seeing. He said absolutely yes..."What the hell is that?" I believe were his exact words.

Finally on the approach to Sea Tac it got really foggy and the light suddenly came right towards us. It moved right behind us within FEET of each other. I literally thought I was witnessing the last moments of my life. The light suddenly looked chevron/triangle shaped and 100% other-worldly. Due to the fog I couldn't make anything else out. I was shaken to the core. I called the National UFO Reporting Center the next day as it was fresh in my mind.

Peter Davenport, the director, was very kind listening to my report. He called me a couple days later letting me know that there were two separate FAA accounts that very evening of two UFOs spotted in the Pacific Northwest and Texas. Believe it or not, even the FAA would file reports of sightings from time-to-time. Maybe back then they were a bit more liberal about it because I doubt they do anymore but I can't say for sure.

Didn't Mark Twain say truth is stranger than fiction? Indeed.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 pm
  • Since all UFOs are flying objects that have not been identified, the buried lede here is that Washingtonians fail to identify flying objects at a higher rate than residents of any other state.

:greetingsearthling:
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:53 pm
  • Washington also sells more legal weed than any other state.

Hmmmmmmm

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:54 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:With MJ legalization around the US, I expect the proportion of WA sightings to decrease relative to other states.

Probably soon huh.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information