Bob Lazar Talks Alien Spacecraft and More on JRE

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • whoa. Aliens.

Tical21
    NET Veteran

Re: Bob Lazar on JRE
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:53 pm
  • It's crazy to me that people actually believe this guy is credible.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:50 pm
  • knownone wrote:It's crazy to me that people actually believe this guy is credible.

And why is that?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:50 pm
  • Can a mod possibly edit the title to include something about aliens or alien spacecraft? Thanks folks
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    knownone wrote:It's crazy to me that people actually believe this guy is credible.

And why is that?

His two biggest credibility holes are that he says he graduated from MIT and Caltech, while neither of them have any record of him, and he would have been 19-20 at the time he has claimed to work on this project. He passed a polygraph though, so shit knows.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    knownone wrote:It's crazy to me that people actually believe this guy is credible.

And why is that?

He was arrested for his involvement in a prostitution ring during the time he claimed to have been working for S4.

He makes silly claims like:
    There are currently two main theories about gravity. The "wave" theory which states that gravity is a wave, and the other is a theory which includes "gravitons", which are alleged sub-atomic particles which perform as gravity

General Relativity is the only accepted theory for gravity. Gravity is described as the distortion of space time. How does someone who claims to have such an impressive understanding of physics fail to understand high school physics? In order to believe Lazar, you'd have to believe that everything we're taught in school is some kind of government conspiracy to distract us from the truth.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:46 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:His two biggest credibility holes are that he says he graduated from MIT and Caltech, while neither of them have any record of him, and he would have been 19-20 at the time he has claimed to work on this project. He passed a polygraph though, so shit knows.

Well, I already look like a UFO/conspiracy nut to most who know me on .NET so I won't pretend to gloss over my response - which I firmly believe - and that is that if the government wants to keep a secret - at any cost - they will, and having records "erased" of someone's academics to help discredit a whistle blower is mere child's play.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Can a mod possibly edit the title to include something about aliens or alien spacecraft? Thanks folks

Done, gladly! :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:His two biggest credibility holes are that he says he graduated from MIT and Caltech, while neither of them have any record of him, and he would have been 19-20 at the time he has claimed to work on this project. He passed a polygraph though, so shit knows.

Well, I already look like a UFO/conspiracy nut to most who know me on .NET so I won't pretend to gloss over my response - which I firmly believe - and that is that if the government wants to keep a secret - at any cost - they will, and having records "erased" of someone's academics to help discredit a whistle blower is mere child's play.

Exactly..They can and have done this.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I have a pretty good BS detector and it’s NOT going off when I hear Lazar.

The amount of detail he has cannot be made up IMHO.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I'm all for the concept of aliens existing. The Seager equation (the new Drake equation) is pretty compelling evidence for the possible existence of aliens and how far along their civilizations could be. I'm not against the idea at all, and if compelling evidence was out there I'd be with you guys.

My question for you guys is, why do you believe this guy is telling the truth?

(IMO) This guy is bad for the UFO community because he's easy to discredit. Joe mentions that Lazar predicted element 115, but he didn't; Glenn Seaborg predicted their would be elements with around 120-130 protons about 30 years before Lazar. Glenn Seaborg won a fricken nobel prize for his work in this area! Yet, it's being used as evidence for Lazar telling the truth?

He also makes contradictory points when explaining the space crafts to Joe. He says the craft 'bends or repels light' and a minute or so later says they used infrared to measure the temperature of the craft. How does that work exactly? Does it only bend some light?

At worst this dude is lying. At best he's unknowingly spreading misinformation.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:I have a pretty good BS detector and it’s NOT going off when I hear Lazar.

The amount of detail he has cannot be made up IMHO.

Exactly. I am convinced he's telling the truth. Even had he not passed a lie detector test which he has, he just oozes credibility to me.

I for one find the fact that there are no records of his academic history at the schools he insists he attended is further evidence of his credibility. The Powers That Be simply had them erased in an attempt to discredit his claims. 100% convinced of it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• knownone wrote:My question for you guys is, why do you believe this guy is telling the truth?

(IMO) This guy is bad for the UFO community because he's easy to discredit. Joe mentions that Lazar predicted element 115, but he didn't; Glenn Seaborg predicted their would be elements with around 120-130 protons about 30 years before Lazar. Glenn Seaborg won a fricken nobel prize for his work in this area! Yet, it's being used as evidence for Lazar telling the truth?

Easy to discredit? How so? Your examples fail to discredit him in any way whatsoever. Lazar mentioned Element 115 in the 80's when nobody else was talking about it. Seaborg's predictions does not have any effect on Lazar's claims. What are you Philip Klass's son or something? :P
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• knownone wrote:I'm all for the concept of aliens existing. The Seager equation (the new Drake equation) is pretty compelling evidence for the possible existence of aliens and how far along their civilizations could be. I'm not against the idea at all, and if compelling evidence was out there I'd be with you guys.

My question for you guys is, why do you believe this guy is telling the truth?

He also makes contradictory points when explaining the space crafts to Joe. He says the craft 'bends or repels light' and a minute or so later says they used infrared to measure the temperature of the craft. How does that work exactly? Does it only bend some light?

At worst this dude is lying. At best he's unknowingly spreading misinformation.

Been following the Area 51/S4 Lazar thing for decades. I believe Lazar. Can I prove he is 100% right, no. Can you (see anyone) prove he is wrong? No. I take stock in that he’s passed numerous lie detectors with flying colors, and as Aros stated the government erased his employment history and birth certificate in an attempt to discredit and silence him. Plus my BS detector isn’t going off.

If by the tiny chance Lazar is lying, he missed his calling and multimillions of
    Dollars as a science fiction writer, but IMHO that’s not the case.

Anyone can believe what they want IMHO, I won’t lose sleep if anyone believes Lazar or not.

The Lazar story is like a political argument, you either believe him or don’t, and like a political argument minds are rarely
    Changed.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• One has to remember during the Cold War Era erasing was a pretty regular occurrence, not to mention secrecy about black projects was paramount and mis and dis information was the norm. It wasn't like today where they bold face lie and do an about face on things for click and votes as well as try to sell you a bill of goods.

Back then they still wanted the public to think leadership, Business Leaders, and what you read was the truth, taking a mans credentials was a good way to do that since we didn't have the Internet to source other options quickly and have a saved record on a web page to find.

The Government had a shroud much harder to break thru back then.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sports Hernia wrote:Been following the Area 51/S4 Lazar thing for decades. I believe Lazar. Can I prove he is 100% right, no. Can you (see anyone) prove he is wrong? No. I take stock in that he’s passed numerous lie detectors with flying colors, and as Aros stated the government erased his employment history and birth certificate in an attempt to discredit and silence him. Plus my BS detector isn’t going off. If by the tiny chance Lazar is lying, he missed his calling and multimillions of Dollars as a science fiction writer, but IMHO that’s not the case. Anyone can believe what they want IMHO, I won’t lose sleep if anyone believes Lazar or not. The Lazar story is like a political argument, you either believe him or don’t, and like a political argument minds are rarely Changed.

Amen to that. Because of the research I have done in 30+ years on the subject, I would say my BS meter is much more refined and tuned than most. Lazar is one of those in this field of study that passes my BS meter blindfolded. This dude isn't lying. He has ZERO to gain and everything to lose to come out and say what he has said about his experiences.

The retribution is predictable. Remove his credentials and academic history, that way nobody will believe a word he says. Too bad, most of us have functioning brains and can think for ourselves. There are sectors of government that can and do go to great lengths to silence whistle blowers and this is a classic case of someone that has had their lives messed with due to the intelligence and information they bring forward.

Watch this man. Listen to him. Look at his demeanor, his voice inflections, body language. You don't need to be a CIA profiler to see the man is simply telling the truth. If you get stuck up on silly discrediting elements from prostitution to no records of his academic history well that's what they want.

In 1947 when the famed crash of a UFO in Roswell, New Mexico occurred, the local mortician Glenn Dennis was called in by the military to provide "child-sized coffins"...He states that he actually saw the dead aliens and one officer inside the base said:

"You have seen nothing and heard nothing; if you open your mouth, they will be picking your bones out of the sand."

A similar statement was made to a little girl of a father who had come across debris of the crash site. To her dying day she was still shaken by that statement.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I don't know anymore. I believed him at first, but I'm gullible. He would've been 19-20 at the time. Would he really have been picked for this project, presumably while a student? I don't get that timeline. Also, there's a lot of not remembering the years when things happened, and exactly when. The migraine headache and not being able to think through things. I agree that he isn't the typical looking/acting liar. So I don't know anymore.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Been following the Area 51/S4 Lazar thing for decades. I believe Lazar. Can I prove he is 100% right, no. Can you (see anyone) prove he is wrong? No. I take stock in that he’s passed numerous lie detectors with flying colors, and as Aros stated the government erased his employment history and birth certificate in an attempt to discredit and silence him. Plus my BS detector isn’t going off. If by the tiny chance Lazar is lying, he missed his calling and multimillions of Dollars as a science fiction writer, but IMHO that’s not the case. Anyone can believe what they want IMHO, I won’t lose sleep if anyone believes Lazar or not. The Lazar story is like a political argument, you either believe him or don’t, and like a political argument minds are rarely Changed.

Amen to that. Because of the research I have done in 30+ years on the subject, I would say my BS meter is much more refined and tuned than most. Lazar is one of those in this field of study that passes my BS meter blindfolded. This dude isn't lying. He has ZERO to gain and everything to lose to come out and say what he has said about his experiences.

The retribution is predictable. Remove his credentials and academic history, that way nobody will believe a word he says. Too bad, most of us have functioning brains and can think for ourselves. There are sectors of government that can and do go to great lengths to silence whistle blowers and this is a classic case of someone that has had their lives messed with due to the intelligence and information they bring forward.

Watch this man. Listen to him. Look at his demeanor, his voice inflections, body language. You don't need to be a CIA profiler to see the man is simply telling the truth. If you get stuck up on silly discrediting elements from prostitution to no records of his academic history well that's what they want.

In 1947 when the famed crash of a UFO in Roswell, New Mexico occurred, the local mortician Glenn Dennis was called in by the military to provide "child-sized coffins"...He states that he actually saw the dead aliens and one officer inside the base said:

"You have seen nothing and heard nothing; if you open your mouth, they will be picking your bones out of the sand."

A similar statement was made to a little girl of a father who had come across debris of the crash site. To her dying day she was still shaken by that statement.

Annie Jacobsen, also on JRE not long ago, says the people inside were disabled children that had surgery performed on them to make them appear like unhuman or something. Again, no clue what to believe here.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Maybe I'm misremembering but Lazar is 60. 1988-89 was when he was at S4, which would have made him 29-30 not 19-20. He said he was in Los Alamos in '82.

I dig stuff like this. I don't think he's lying at all personally.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:That is the one thing every person who believes in anything should be doing right now -- fighting to protect the first amendment. If your're religious, not religious, left, right, up, down -- the thing everyone needs to do is fight for the ability to say something, read something, or watch something of your own volition without some corporation babysitting you and telling you want you can read, think, watch, and say...

AMEN!!!!!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:
    knownone wrote:My question for you guys is, why do you believe this guy is telling the truth?

Easy to discredit? How so? Your examples fail to discredit him in any way whatsoever. Lazar mentioned Element 115 in the 80's when nobody else was talking about it. Seaborg's predictions does not have any effect on Lazar's claims. What are you Philip Klass's son or something? :P

If you read him and understand the topics he's talking about, he sounds like someone who doesn't grasp some simple scientific concepts. For example:

“ Element 115 - impossible to synthesize an element that heavy here on Earth. … The substance has to come from a place where super-heavy elements could have been produced naturally.”

We have synthesized Element 115 on Earth. Seaborg's prediction is where he believed the upper limit of protons in a stable element that we could synthesize would be; his range was between 120-130 (note - 115 wasn't even a question). In other words, we knew we could synthesize it in the 60s, and someone claiming to have such a great background in science seemingly had no idea it was even possible :shock: .

On top of that, if you know a little bit about the formation of the universe, you'd know the heaviest element that can be produced by a collapsing star is Iron (for the most part). That means all of the heavier elements come from supernovas. If that particular Element had a stable isotope and was being produced in supernovas, it would quite literally be everywhere but it's not. So what exactly did Lazar get right?

I have a hard time believing the government would go around simply harassing and trying to discredit some anonymous dude in Nevada whose leaking top secret information. If this dude actually had top secret knowledge that the government didn't want out, he'd be dead, or in prison. Seriously, think about everything we know about the CIA and what they've done; do you really think they'd just let a guy roam around leaking top secret information? I don't.

Let's be real, I could explain everything he gets wrong and you'd still believe what you want. And look, that's fine, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else believes. I don't know if I am right or wrong, it's certainly possible everything I've learned is wrong or only a small part of a bigger system. Other than that, I find the topic interesting and the documentary was entertaining (although slightly emo for a UFO doc), so why not discuss it with people...
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:I have a hard time believing the government would go around simply harassing and trying to discredit some anonymous dude in Nevada whose leaking top secret information. If this dude actually had top secret knowledge that the government didn't want out, he'd be dead, or in prison. Seriously, think about everything we know about the CIA and what they've done; do you really think they'd just let a guy roam around leaking top secret information? I don't.

I do. Why? Because they are working off the premise that most people like you would never believe him anyways. It's really as simple as that.

knownone wrote:Let's be real, I could explain everything he gets wrong and you'd still believe what you want. And look, that's fine, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else believes. I don't know if I am right or wrong, it's certainly possible everything I've learned is wrong or only a small part of a bigger system. Other than that, I find the topic interesting and the documentary was entertaining (although slightly emo for a UFO doc), so why not discuss it with people...

You and I agree more than you might think off first glance. I also could care less what you or anyone else believes. I want to give you props for admitting you don't know if you are right or wrong, most skeptics and all debunkers would never make that statement. I have very, very strong convictions but with olive branch firmly extended, I also cannot honestly say I am right. Maybe he is the ultimate prankster. Maybe he has committed his life to lie about alien technology for whatever oddball reason. Maybe he is a government plant to spread disinformation. While I don't think any of that is true, I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that he is speaking the truth. I BELIEVE he is, but that and a few bucks might get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I must confess I'd never heard of Bob Lazar, or this JRE program, but I watched it all last night and found it very fascinating. Thanks for posting the embed.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Conspiracy theorists are never in the position of having "nothing to gain and everything to lose".
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Aros wrote:
    knownone wrote:Let's be real, I could explain everything he gets wrong and you'd still believe what you want. And look, that's fine, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else believes. I don't know if I am right or wrong, it's certainly possible everything I've learned is wrong or only a small part of a bigger system. Other than that, I find the topic interesting and the documentary was entertaining (although slightly emo for a UFO doc), so why not discuss it with people...

You and I agree more than you might think off first glance. I also could care less what you or anyone else believes. I want to give you props for admitting you don't know if you are right or wrong, most skeptics and all debunkers would never make that statement. I have very, very strong convictions but with olive branch firmly extended, I also cannot honestly say I am right. Maybe he is the ultimate prankster. Maybe he has committed his life to lie about alien technology for whatever oddball reason. Maybe he is a government plant to spread disinformation. While I don't think any of that is true, I cannot say with 100 percent certainty that he is speaking the truth. I BELIEVE he is, but that and a few bucks might get me a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Absolutely, I think the problem is my inability to communicate my intent. I am not a skeptic or a debunker (unless it's flat earth). I'm open to all possibilities. I'm asking questions and providing my shallow research to see if anyone can give me a rebuttal to chew on because It's possible I may be missing something. It's my way of filtering what is or isn't worth focusing on, not necessarily what I believe is empirically true or false. So in this case, I can find a lot of evidence that casts doubt on what Lazar is saying, and most of the rebuttal around the internet to his (IMO) bizarre scientific claims seem to be 'I trust the guy'. Again, I don't mind if people believe him on those (or other) merits, It's just that for me the odds he's telling the truth seem pretty low so he's not worth taking seriously.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:
    Aros wrote:

Absolutely, I think the problem is my inability to communicate my intent. I am not a skeptic or a debunker (unless it's flat earth). I'm open to all possibilities. I'm asking questions and providing my shallow research to see if anyone can give me a rebuttal to chew on because It's possible I may be missing something. It's my way of filtering what is or isn't worth focusing on, not necessarily what I believe is empirically true or false. So in this case, I can find a lot of evidence that casts doubt on what Lazar is saying, and most of the rebuttal around the internet to his (IMO) bizarre scientific claims seem to be 'I trust the guy'. Again, I don't mind if people believe him on those (or other) merits, It's just that for me the odds he's telling the truth seem pretty low so he's not worth taking seriously.

Good explanation of your POV. :2thumbs:

I, As someone who’s meaning and context sometimes comes across the wrong way due to my inability to communicate thru the written word, appreciate your explanation. I will write something, go back and read it, and realize how it can come across wrong, usually way harsher than I originally meant it to be. I call it my SWS affliction. Shitty Writer Syndrome. 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• You don't have to have "SWS" for your intent to be misconstrued online. Even those with exceptional prose can be missunderstood in a forum simply because words on a page lack voice inflection, intonation and body language behind them. If I had a dollar for every Internet fight that was caused because someone misinterpreted someone's demeanor or message in a forum I would be a very rich man.

:2thumbs: :greetingsearthling:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• When you have people still saying the Earth is flat and the moon landing didn't happen, this isn't a surprise.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:07 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information