Thank you .net

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thank you .net
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:51 pm
  • I found this site somewhere between 2000 and 2003, can’t remember exactly. I’ve had a lot of great times, a lot of laughs and interacted with a lot of great people here for the the last 15+ years. Was a mod for a handful of those years and have spent literally thousands of hours here, but it’s time for me to go.

For so many years the reason that I spent so much time here was for the laughs and for the community feeling. Somewhere along the way this site has lost both of those things for me personally. I think there were 3 events that really changed things for me here.

1. The Seahawks actually got good. Which is awesome as a fan, but to my personal opinion it’s made this place way too serious without enough fun.

2. Losing Les (Pithyradish). Quite simply, he was the heart of .net, and with his passing this place lost a lot of the community feel. He’s missed and cannot be replaced.

3. Losing Ryan, (pehawk). To me, if Les was the heart of this place in my mind, then Ryan was the soul. Love him or hate him he made this place entertaining and interesting.

Anyway, not gonna name names but there have been tons of awesome people over the years, most of them are no longer here, but a few remain, and to them I say thanks.

Thanks to Aros, rockhawk and anguish for keeping this place alive all those years.

My biggest regret will be that I won’t be here to rub it in Maulberts face when the Ducks finally beat the Couga again.

Go Hawks
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Thank you .net
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:14 pm
  • You could only take 1,666 days of taunting?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 pm
  • Take care Teach! It's been good to know ya.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:42 pm
  • Ah brother, this hurts my heart.

For a long tenured valued member of .NET to up and leave is always so sad to me.

However, I cannot argue with your reasons. The heart and soul of .NET has been gone for years now. I have sadly accepted that fate but I stick around because as the creator, it's like the proverbial parent that feels an obligation to their child. To see their life through - for better or for worse.

.NET is but a shell of the community vibe it was years ago but I am still proud that it is alive and able to accommodate a new generation of fans.

Look bro, I will leave the light on for you either way. Go Hawks!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:15 pm
  • A real man goes out with a ban, then comes back.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:19 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I found this site somewhere between 2000 and 2003, can’t remember exactly. I’ve had a lot of great times, a lot of laughs and interacted with a lot of great people here for the the last 15+ years. Was a mod for a handful of those years and have spent literally thousands of hours here, but it’s time for me to go.

For so many years the reason that I spent so much time here was for the laughs and for the community feeling. Somewhere along the way this site has lost both of those things for me personally. I think there were 3 events that really changed things for me here.

1. The Seahawks actually got good. Which is awesome as a fan, but to my personal opinion it’s made this place way too serious without enough fun.

2. Losing Les (Pithyradish). Quite simply, he was the heart of .net, and with his passing this place lost a lot of the community feel. He’s missed and cannot be replaced.

3. Losing Ryan, (pehawk). To me, if Les was the heart of this place in my mind, then Ryan was the soul. Love him or hate him he made this place entertaining and interesting.

Anyway, not gonna name names but there have been tons of awesome people over the years, most of them are no longer here, but a few remain, and to them I say thanks.

Thanks to Aros, rockhawk and anguish for keeping this place alive all those years.

My biggest regret will be that I won’t be here to rub it in Maulberts face when the Ducks finally beat the Couga again.

Go Hawks

Even though you’re a duck you’ll be missed. 8)
    Gotta do what you gotta do brother!

I’ll miss Maulbert razing you however. :)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:29 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:A real man goes out with a ban, then comes back.

So true!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:A real man goes out with a ban, then comes back.

:2thumbs:
    Good Luck JS..
    I liked your recruit news ..I think Dome got to you though.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm
  • C'mon man. Don't be a pussy. You once called me your nemesis, which I'm still trying to figure out 10 years later, quit being a bitch and post.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:24 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I found this site somewhere between 2000 and 2003, can’t remember exactly. I’ve had a lot of great times, a lot of laughs and interacted with a lot of great people here for the the last 15+ years. Was a mod for a handful of those years and have spent literally thousands of hours here, but it’s time for me to go.

Go Hawks

You contributions will be missed. FYI PE is not banned at the moment.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:52 am
  • Largent80 wrote:C'mon man. Don't be a pussy. You once called me your nemesis, which I'm still trying to figure out 10 years later, quit being a bitch and post.

Gee, calling the guy names is really going to make him want to stay. :roll:

J-man, you do what you feel is right....although I'll miss ya. :les:
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information