Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Avengers: Endgame (Spoilers)
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Avengers: Endgame
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:24 pm
  • I haven't watched that trailer yet, debating whether I'm going to watch it at all.

Got my tickets though, 6pm opening night in IMAX 3D. Best seats were already taken by the time I got through but I managed to score some halfway decent seats. Pretty stoked for this.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:I haven't watched that trailer yet, debating whether I'm going to watch it at all.

Got my tickets though, 6pm opening night in IMAX 3D. Best seats were already taken by the time I got through but I managed to score some halfway decent seats. Pretty stoked for this.

Up until this trailer, Marvel was doing a really good job keeping anything too spoiler-y out of the trailers for Endgame. There's a couple things people probably would rather save for the movie in this one. Generally, I feel this should be the easiest film to market this side of a main saga Star Wars film. They don't really need to drop much to bring people in.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:03 pm
  • Yeah it's a pretty easy sell haha. I doubt there's anything in the trailer that would really ruin anything for me, I'm not as invested in the MCU as I am with say Star Wars or Game of Thrones.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:10 pm
  • Not really any spoilers there for me, those who have watched and paid close attention knew it was going to be about what they showed as far as the Avengers allied with each other as it showed.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 pm
  • Will be watching it Saturday after it's release.

I'm pretty excited actually. Hopefully, the movie does not disappoint.

Let's go Iron Man!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:11 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Not really any spoilers there for me, those who have watched and paid close attention knew it was going to be about what they showed as far as the Avengers allied with each other as it showed.

I generally agree with you, but there are people so a*** about spoilers that this trailer would piss them off.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:30 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Not really any spoilers there for me, those who have watched and paid close attention knew it was going to be about what they showed as far as the Avengers allied with each other as it showed.

I generally agree with you, but there are people so a*** about spoilers that this trailer would piss them off.

Well we would hate to spoil a a*** experience.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:39 pm
  • Can't wait, seeing it at an Alamo Drafthouse at 3:05pm on Friday, 04/26.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:59 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:I haven't watched that trailer yet, debating whether I'm going to watch it at all.

Up until this trailer, Marvel was doing a really good job keeping anything too spoiler-y out of the trailers for Endgame. There's a couple things people probably would rather save for the movie in this one. Generally, I feel this should be the easiest film to market this side of a main saga Star Wars film. They don't really need to drop much to bring people in.

Theyre notorious for misdirection in their trailers. Wouldnt put too much faith what was seen can be asserted to a specific part of the story line
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am
  • Am I missing something? I don’t see anything that is spoilery in that.
    HawkSince87
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:17 am
  • HawkSince87 wrote:Am I missing something? I don’t see anything that is spoilery in that.

You wouldn't believe what some people would get touchy about.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 pm
  • HawkSince87 wrote:Am I missing something? I don’t see anything that is spoilery in that.

If you believe the trailer than it showed quite a bit.

And thats somes issue... not that its a "spoiler" but just too much of the movie

But again... the folks at Marvel know this and set their trailers up
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:47 pm
  • Hahahaha, people are clamoring for tickets to a friggin movie. And a movie that is more of the same superhero B.S.

Have fun.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:12 am
  • I think about, what, 25% of the Rogue One trailer was actually in the movie? I'm relying on nothing from this.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:14 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Hahahaha, people are clamoring for tickets to a friggin movie. And a movie that is more of the same superhero B.S.

Have fun.

Im excited thanks!
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:31 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Hahahaha, people are clamoring for tickets to a friggin movie. And a movie that is more of the same superhero B.S.

Have fun.

You just love to piss in other people's cheerios.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Have fun.

I will!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:07 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Hahahaha, people are clamoring for tickets to a friggin movie. And a movie that is more of the same superhero B.S.

Have fun.

Im excited thanks!

Woooooo Hooo. It's a hootenanny.....excited OMG, it's the end of life as we know it OMG, so AWESOME I can hardly contain myself.....MEH.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:26 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Hahahaha, people are clamoring for tickets to a friggin movie. And a movie that is more of the same superhero B.S.

Have fun.

Im excited thanks!

Woooooo Hooo. It's a hootenanny.....excited OMG, it's the end of life as we know it OMG, so AWESOME I can hardly contain myself.....MEH.

Just curious, do you think your opinion of the MCU matters to anyone in how much they enjoy it? Go ahead and make an ass of yourself, it won't ruin the fun for anyone else. Cheers.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:48 am
  • Maulbert wrote:Just curious, do you think your opinion of the MCU matters to anyone in how much they enjoy it? Go ahead and make an ass of yourself, it won't ruin the fun for anyone else. Cheers.

Yeah, I will never understand why some people see others excited about something and decide to chime in just to $h!t on it. Thanks for the negativity...
    Anyway, I am super excited for Endgame. Can’t wait!
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm
  • I hadn't watched a trailer until I saw Captain Marvel over the weekend. Definitely excited for Endgame.

Captain Marvel was good. Nothing to write home about, but it was good. I liked the lead ins to Endgame that were established.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:21 pm
  • Last couple of nights I watched both the Guardians movies, Ragnarok and then Infinity War last night. I'm ready for this.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:28 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Last couple of nights I watched both the Guardians movies, Ragnarok and then Infinity War last night. I'm ready for this.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Last couple of nights I watched both the Guardians movies, Ragnarok and then Infinity War last night. I'm ready for this.

:mrgreen:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:31 pm
  • This movie is going to make a crap ton of money.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm
  • The reviews are saying this is better then anything to date including Black Panther. It will make bank and Disney has it's platform for the future.

They can milk this for a month or real close, then Godzilla comes out and that is going to pull a ton of audience as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:The reviews are saying this is better then anything to date including Black Panther. It will make bank and Disney has it's platform for the future.

They can milk this for a month or real close, then Godzilla comes out and that is going to pull a ton of audience as well.

Black Panther was good, but easily the MCU's most overrated film.

Godzilla won't make a third of Endgame's final gross.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:The reviews are saying this is better then anything to date including Black Panther. It will make bank and Disney has it's platform for the future.

Black Panther was good, but easily the MCU's most overrated film.

Godzilla won't make a third of Endgame's final gross.

I don't recall stating that at all, I SAID THAT ENDGAME WILL HAVE ALMOST A MONTH OF TIME BEFORE GODZILLA COMES OUT !!!!.

That's a lot of time to be the big thing on the Market, Godzilla will be big as well not as big, but it will be the new kid on the block and people will go see it versus 2nd and 3rd times of Endgame.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:02 am
  • Going to see it tomorrow at 3:15. One of the theaters around here has a 2 am showing. It's not quite sold out, but it's not too far off (if you don't count the first two rows, that almost nobody ever buys).
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 pm
  • I read a leaked ending on the dark web....................Pepper Potts puts all the Infinity Stones in her hoo-ha, and that kills Thanos.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.......please tip your waitresses.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm
  • I think I watched an Avengers movie like 6 or 7 years ago. Is this the sequel?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:44 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I think I watched an Avengers movie like 6 or 7 years ago. Is this the sequel?

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:36 pm
  • I don't really care for Jimmy Fallon, but I stumbled on this video on YouTube, and I thought it was pretty cool.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:14 pm
  • Spoiler alert: it's a good movie.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:22 pm
  • Nm
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I think I watched an Avengers movie like 6 or 7 years ago. Is this the sequel?

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 pm
  • Pretty much. I just feel a bit left out because I can't get into these movies anymore even though it seems like I should and even though I really want to.

But that's fine. I won't rain on your guys' parade or try and steal focus. I was being halfway serious though in that I wasn't sure which movie in the series this is. Is it the 3rd, 4th?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:21 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Pretty much. I just feel a bit left out because I can't get into these movies anymore even though it seems like I should and even though I really want to.

But that's fine. I won't rain on your guys' parade or try and steal focus. I was being halfway serious though in that I wasn't sure which movie in the series this is. Is it the 3rd, 4th?

It's the 22nd movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is the fourth Avengers movie. For some, it feels like the fifth. Civil War was technically a Captain America movie, but it's closer to an Avengers movie in my mind.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:07 pm
  • Bit of a letdown for me. It was entertaining, but I think Infinity War was considerably better.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Bit of a letdown for me. It was entertaining, but I think Infinity War was considerably better.

I agree. But it had the easier job of not really having to worry about any consequences (that bleak ending was everything to me). But for all Endgame had to do I think they did a great job. Very emotional movie.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:43 am
  • Bit of a let down. Too slow in parts. Definitely some tear jerker moments. Kids jumped up in their seats in excitement at one point. Civil War is still my favorite. Original Avengers and Infinity War are better than End Game too.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 pm
  • ***minor spoilers ahead***

I thought the first 30 minutes or so were great. I think particularly Scarlett did a great job of capturing the feeling of loss, loneliness, emptiness & uselessness that most of us would probably feel in that scenario. Downey Jr was great too, just all around good acting in that first act. But then it did seem to sort of drag on after that. They lingered a little too long here and there when it didn't seem like they needed to. But then things started to pick up and when they split off into their little heist missions it was really fun. Then obviously the big battle was about as epic as anybody could really hope for. And ultimately the sacrifices that were made felt genuine and legit for the most part. The whole theater seemed to be sobbing during you-know-who's funeral.

I need to go see it again to solidify my feelings, but I don't think it'll ever have the replay value that Infinity War does, not in its entirety at least. I could see myself pulling it up and skipping through the first hour or so on a whim, but full-on re-watches will probably be limited to every now and again. Infinity War didn't have to play by the rules, they didn't have to really worry about ultimate consequences or figuring out how to have the heroes win in the end, and I think it benefits greatly from that, and why it will probably always be considered the superior movie, objectively speaking.

But what an emotional roller coaster the whole thing has been. Seems to me they did about as good a job as anybody could have hoped for in making a comic book universe work long-term cinematically. Looking forward to seeing what they do going forward. I have a hard time believing that Brie Larson and Anthony Mackie are gonna be able to lead this series for another decade so it will be cool to watch it all play out and see what kind of tricks they have up their sleeves. With the 21st Century Fox acquisition it would seem that the possibilities are quite numerous.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:39 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:The whole theater seemed to be sobbing during you-know-who's funeral.

Interesting. I didn't hear a single sound during that in the theater I was in.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:59 pm
  • I heard some sniffling.

It was earned. That was a very good film. Some awesome choices made.
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 am
  • Two movies in but so far Captain Marvel is just so incredibly dull I can't believe they expect her to lead the franchise going forward. Two big problems -- they intentionally play her as stiff as possible which is totally different than every other agenger ... and second her powers are so much greater than all others that you can't have her on screen for more than 5 minutes otherwise there would be no movie.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:23 am
  • I liked it.

**minor spoiler warning**

The final battle scene when everyone came through the portals has to be one of the most epic scenes ever filmed. That entire cast of characters all on the screen together was just amazing.

I was not a huge fan of the whole thing hinging on the wanderings of a random rat, but whatever. I can overlook it for the sake of entertainment.
    HawkFan72
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:24 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:The whole theater seemed to be sobbing during you-know-who's funeral.

Interesting. I didn't hear a single sound during that in the theater I was in.

What can I say, I live in a city full of beta cucks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Next

It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information