Highway 101 Land Slide

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Highway 101 Land Slide
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 pm
  • A compact 4x4 crew cab short bed on 17 inch tires is a joy to drive.

Buckets of rain had been pouring down for hours upon hours. I knew something was up sometime around 1 am Monday morning when the power went out for the first of three times. Later, after breakfast, on the south edge of town we found out why. We witnessed power poles slung around at unusual angles while slipping thru a cleared one lane with mud and tree debris on either side.

Later on Monday south bound, we slowed to accommodate and climb up an unusual 5 to 6 inch lip from a north pavement slippage level to the south pavement level. Today, as of Wednesday, it has since become a considerably more challenging slide area to negotiate. Just too much rain in too short of time.

http://mailtribune.com/news/top-stories/highway-101-closed-due-to-massive-slide

Highway 101 Still Sinking, Truck Traffic Restricted on Nearby Route >>> https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Highway-101-Still-Closed-North-of-Brookings-Due-to-Sinking-Roadway-506385031.html
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Highway 101 Land Slide
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 pm
  • Well it seems the road is closed and for good reason. Hope you all can find other options. May take longer but play it safe than sorry. Oh wow!
    Passepartout
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 am
  • Great post and pictures.
    Thanks for the information.

I do have to point out one issue however.
    Your tires aren’t 17 inch. That would be your wheels, tires would be much larger.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:07 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Great post and pictures.
    Thanks for the information.

I do have to point out one issue however.
    Your tires aren’t 17 inch. That would be your wheels, tires would be much larger.

Good point ....... I stand corrected ....... especially with tall sidewalls.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm
  • Dang! That’s torn up. Stay safe man.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information