The Amazon Prime Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:03 am
  • Okay we have a well-established Netflix thread. Here's one for Amazon Prime...Starting with Tin Star. Great show. Worth the slow burn in the first episodes.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: The Amazon Prime Shows Thread
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 am
  • Love Tim Roth, so I'll check out Tin Star.

My favorite Amazon Prime shows are Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Catastrophe...........also both great couple shows, which I know for any married dude in here it's hard to agree on and find shows that you both enjoy.

Maisel is worth it just for how hilarious and amazing Tony Shaloub is. Whole cast is great, but he knocks his character out of the park.

And Catastrophe is the anti-rom com sitcom. Dark, funny, heartbreaking, all at once. Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney match wits and have great chemistry. Really funny and smart.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:03 pm
  • Jack Ryan was really good. Highly recommend it.
    86Hawk
    NET Starter

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:23 pm
  • 86Hawk wrote:Jack Ryan was really good. Highly recommend it.

Enjoyed this as well
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:40 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    86Hawk wrote:Jack Ryan was really good. Highly recommend it.

Enjoyed this as well

It's a good show, very 24-esque.........but Ryan is too perfect for me. I need him to have a painkiller addiction or something to flaw him up a little.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:46 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Love Tim Roth, so I'll check out Tin Star.

My favorite Amazon Prime shows are Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Catastrophe...........also both great couple shows, which I know for any married dude in here it's hard to agree on and find shows that you both enjoy.

Maisel is worth it just for how hilarious and amazing Tony Shaloub is. Whole cast is great, but he knocks his character out of the park.

And Catastrophe is the anti-rom com sitcom. Dark, funny, heartbreaking, all at once. Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney match wits and have great chemistry. Really funny and smart.

Perfect. Looking for new AP shows...Definitely will check these out.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm
  • Bosch
    Loved it. Binge-able.

Homecoming.
    Weird AF, but it was a good watch while sitting on a airplane.

Orphan Black
    Obviously...
    Anguish
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 pm
  • Man in the High Castle...been watching a bit of it. Kinds like the premise of it but its losing me a bit...
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Man in the High Castle...been watching a bit of it. Kinds like the premise of it but its losing me a bit...

Season 1 - good
    Season 2 - ok
    Season 3 - meh

Premise was cool. Had a ton of potential, but instead, it just got weird.
    Anguish
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 pm
  • The Grand Tour. Of course.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:13 pm
  • Sneaky Pete, Jack Ryan and the Billy Bob Thorton show all good in my book.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 pm
  • Mad props to Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The only show we have found in years that my wife and I legitimately both enjoy. Very funny. Outstanding acting. Almost feels like an amazing stage performance is going on. And she's smokin hot.

Sneaky Pete and Goliath (Ribisi and Billy Bob's shows) are both quite fun. Not going to change the world, but just fun.
    Both were far better in season 1 than they were in season 2, but both are better than you think.

Homecoming is worth the watch, especially if you enjoy Mr. Robot types. Nothing outstanding, but some good mystery exists. Julia Roberts and Canavale are quite good.

My favorite, however, and the show that I believe is the most slept-on show currently running anywhere is The Patriot. Clever, funny, somewhat exciting, some musical angles, fun characters, some pot, booze and violence. All done with a deadpan delivery. Just fantastic. And the main character looks a little like Rob Staton, which kinda cracks me up.
    Last edited by Tical21 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Love Tim Roth, so I'll check out Tin Star.

Sorry, I didn't read this before I posted. Fully agreed on both. Shaloub is fantastic. All the characters are.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Mad props to Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The only show we have found in years that my wife and I legitimately both enjoy. Very funny. Outstanding acting. Almost feels like an amazing stage performance is going on. And she's smokin hot.

Sneaky Pete and Goliath (Ribisi and Billy Bob's shows) are both quite fun. Not going to change the world, but just fun.
    Both were far better in season 1 than they were in season 2, but both are better than you think.

Homecoming is worth the watch, especially if you enjoy Mr. Robot types. Nothing outstanding, but some good mystery exists. Julia Roberts and Canavale are quite good.

My favorite, however, and the show that I believe is the most slept-on show currently running anywhere is The Patriot. Clever, funny, somewhat exciting, some musical angles, fun characters, some pot, booze and violence. All done with a deadpan delivery. Just fantastic. And the main character looks a little like Rob Staton, which kinda cracks me up.

Forgot about Goliath... Both seasons are very good!
    Anguish
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information