Which Hawaiian Island should i go to?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Which Hawaiian Island should i go to?
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:52 pm
  • Looking to book a Hawaiian vacation for this summer. As an adult i've been to Oahu/Honolulu a few times but I"m looking to go somewhere else. I went to Maui as a kid, but I was too young to really have any memories of it.

Not looking for a party scene or bars/night life. Am looking for nice beaches and cool hikes. Would probably prefer jungles and waterfalls over volcanoes. Will have an adventurous 7 year old with us if that makes a difference.

Thoughts?
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Maui is by far the best imo. Especially Lahaina. It's spread out enough that you get some freedom and you can drive around easily and find your own spot on the beach. Easy access to some great hiking trails, and it has the Haleakala Crater, which is a must. Molokini for Snorkeling is unreal too, can't beat it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• You don’t want nightlife or a party scene? You want the jungle nice beaches and hiking? You want Kauai. Stay on the north side of the island in Princeville. Check out the kalalau trail. One of the best hikes in the world with jungles, beaches, waterfalls and the best views you will ever see in your life.
    86Hawk
    NET Starter

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Not looking for a party scene or bars/night life. Am looking for nice beaches and cool hikes. Would probably prefer jungles and waterfalls over volcanoes. Will have an adventurous 7 year old with us if that makes a difference.

Thoughts?

If these are you interests then I'd check out Kauai, it's got the most diverse climates of any of the islands, which means lots of cool beaches, hiking, rainforests, waterfalls, rivers to kayak, ziplines, etc.

Maui for my money is the best island, but that's only if you also care about shopping, restaurants, golf and other more touristy things to do. But for straight up outdoor Hawaiian beauty and activities, Kauai is incredible and checks all your boxes.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Kauai is our next trip out there. Been to Maui twice and once to the big island. But a lot of my friends told me that Kauai would be perfect since I like the hiking and not so crowded thing etc. I'm just partial to Maui, at least for now :irishdrinkers:
    We love Maui because we are able to jump in the car and find our own spot on the beach and it's not a long drive at all from Lahaina. Plus, the Lahaina Pali trail is right there and checking out the Crater at 6am is unreal, then hitting the Sliding Sands trail. Incredible.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: Which Hawaiian Island should i go to?
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:00 am
  • Kauai. Everything else a distant second.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Which Hawaiian Island should i go to?
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 am
  • Wish I was there right now........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Whichever one's about to blow up next. Send pics
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I'll go with the others, Kuaui. Next would be Molokai. Kuaui I think is more diverse as others have said. The napali coast and the canyons, lava tubes and missile range, and larger towns.
    Fudwamper
    NET Veteran

• Maybe it's time to check out the Caribbean instead of Hawaii, since you've been there several times.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:Maybe it's time to check out the Caribbean instead of Hawaii, since you've been there several times.

Of the 4 people going i'm the only one that has been to Hawaii. Plus, i'm really just tagging along on their vacation, but I get some say when choosing the island, since i'm the only one who's been. (Hawaii wouldnt really be in my top 5 vacation destinations personally.)
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Ah; gotcha.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Bora Bora, Tahiti. Go. You won't regret it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Never been to Hawaii, but every time my friend goes, he brings me back some Lilikoi butter rolls from Ani's bake shop. Its on Oahu, if you end up there, I would highly recommend picking up a pack of those rolls.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information