Here is a CRAZY STORY.....

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:36 am
  • https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/new ... 9145e81a64

It involves hiding the actual ownership of Airplanes.

The story really doesn’t give a ton of details but there’s enough information to form an opinion if you choose to do so.

I have a minor interest in “airplane ownership” and it just so happens that the little Texas town in the story is less than 15 miles from my home.

I found the story very curious, and interesting, I’ll be looking for more info soon.

We can’t get political here but we can discuss our opinions on stuff like this.

If you’re willing to read the story, I’d be curious to hear your opinion.

Short version:
    Town with population of less than 2000 people, and has NO airport of any kind, has over 1000 planes registered with 2 addresses listed.

Hmmmmmmm
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Here is a CRAZY STORY.....
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:57 pm
  • That is absolutely insane, especially in the post 9/11 world we live in. How this can even be allowed is beyond me.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 pm
  • Aros wrote:That is absolutely insane, especially in the post 9/11 world we live in. How this can even be allowed is beyond me.

I know right.
    I’d expect a similar response from anyone that reads the story.

And the thing that gets me is, how many more places/airplanes are there like this story described.

Mind boggling if ya really think about it.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:31 pm
  • On a side note, I would love to co-own an airplane someday. It would motivate me to start up my PPL lessons again. ;)

Something like the Diamond DA40 Tundra...If you found a group to pitch in it could be reasonable...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:15 pm
  • Lawyers ...... they write the rules to control the rest of us. Then they come up with workarounds for those willing to pay for exceptions to their rules. They're the authors of currency and property laundering and facilitators of secrecy. The article is among hundreds of thousands of similar stories.

What's crazy is that active practicing lawyers make up only about four tenths of one percent (0.4%) of the American population. And yet, they compel most of the rest of us to willingly do their bidding.

As a note worthy exception, by way of response to the above side note, there are alternatives to airports as demonstrated by Steve Harvey ..............

Troy Woodland of Just Aircraft answers questions about the design of the Just Aircraft Super Stol light sport aircraft ........

EDIT: Couldn't help but circle back around and add this short 58 second water skiing and ice skating clip ......

Just posted 9 hours ago ......
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:31 pm
  • The massive AOA on those landings is insane!! Awesome, thanks for posting those...
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information